Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 438114 times)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #3001 on: June 01, 2017, 06:33:27 PM »
I would just like to understand the incremental difference between what will likely happen now vs what was likely to happen before.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: June 01, 2017, 07:30:10 PM »
"I believe there's climate change. I believe there's been climate change since the beginning of time," Walberg said. "Do I think man has some impact? Yeah, of course. Can man change the entire universe? No." He continued: "Why do I believe that? Well, as a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us. And I'm confident that, if there's a real problem, he can take care of it."

nothing to worry about dudes
http://time.com/4800000/tim-walberg-god-climate-change/

I get having faith that there is a god, but having faith that god is just going to shield you from anything bad ever happening has never made sense to me.
God did give us one flood already

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #3003 on: June 01, 2017, 08:20:43 PM »

The climate people being more dogmatic than the branch dividians is one of my favorite things.

I mean, look how holy rough ridin' unreasonable their responses itt are.  :lol:

:lol: I know, right? They either can't or won't answer any of the basic questions I posed, they have no idea what the Paris Agreement even says, but they are super outraged about Trump withdrawing from it! Super worried the US won't "lead on climate change." :lol:

The US withdrawing from the Paris Accord is their book of revelations. Amaze
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: June 01, 2017, 08:22:52 PM »
What exactly is changing?

We aren't going to pay trillions of dollars so everyone else can pollute more to save the world from an unmeasurable and insignificant amount of CO2 in 80 years.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: June 01, 2017, 08:33:17 PM »
Did anyone get my Bush references? They were pretty cool.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: June 01, 2017, 08:59:24 PM »
"I believe there's climate change. I believe there's been climate change since the beginning of time," Walberg said. "Do I think man has some impact? Yeah, of course. Can man change the entire universe? No." He continued: "Why do I believe that? Well, as a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us. And I'm confident that, if there's a real problem, he can take care of it."

I get having faith that there is a god, but having faith that god is just going to shield you from anything bad ever happening has never made sense to me.

But he also promised never to do it again.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: June 01, 2017, 09:01:16 PM »

But he also promised never to do it again.
Won't this one be on us?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: June 01, 2017, 09:02:23 PM »
I guess the last one was on us as well. Meh. I'm not witty at the moment. Point Emo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: June 01, 2017, 09:35:41 PM »
I know facts aren't very important here, but saying that this is an issue only for liberals is a pretty big misrepresentation.

The fact that you seemingly believe a majority of people in any given state have ever even heard of the Paris accord shows how rough ridin' delusional and disconnected you are.

Good grief

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: June 01, 2017, 09:39:22 PM »
Round up of the most unhinged reactions. https://news.grabien.com/story-10-dumbest-reactions-trump-quitting-paris-climate-accord

I would hardly call them "unhinged."

Batshit crazy would also work

The end of the world! AMAZE

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: June 01, 2017, 10:08:48 PM »
I know facts aren't very important here, but saying that this is an issue only for liberals is a pretty big misrepresentation.

The fact that you seemingly believe a majority of people in any given state have ever even heard of the Paris accord shows how rough ridin' delusional and disconnected you are.

Good grief

Is this one less confusing for you?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: June 01, 2017, 10:13:34 PM »
The question validates my point.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: June 01, 2017, 10:19:10 PM »
Does ksuw really love his 7 kids or is he willing to sell them out to save a few bucks on the electric bill?

Meh, loving your kids means letting their mom stay at home to raise them.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: June 01, 2017, 10:20:37 PM »
if the Paris accords helps the environment, how come countries that signed on to it like China and Indonesia don't participate in the earth saving like everybody else?  Seems strange
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3015 on: June 01, 2017, 10:22:09 PM »
I think my favorite part of that chart is a majority of West Virginians supporting the Paris Agreement. :lol:

But I guess the same folks who accept the notion of catastrophic AGW without question will accept charts like these, too.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: June 01, 2017, 10:23:56 PM »
if the Paris accords helps the environment, how come countries that signed on to it like China and Indonesia don't participate in the earth saving like everybody else?  Seems strange

That's loosely covered in the text of the agreement that none of the liberals have actually read but are sooper butt hurt about Trump walking away from.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: June 01, 2017, 10:28:16 PM »
"Do you think the US should particpate in the agreement it agreed to a year ago?"

:ROFL:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: June 01, 2017, 10:35:56 PM »
None of us will be talking when any of this is proven true or false. Most of us will be dead. So it's really just a free for all to day whatever you want without repercussion. Kudos to the trolls in here stirring the pot.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: June 01, 2017, 10:59:28 PM »
Worker at Cabela's: Most people prefer the striper lure to the blue fly lure.

FSD: That's rough ridin' stupid. Most people have never been fly fishing. Good grief.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #3020 on: June 01, 2017, 11:11:37 PM »
I'm still pissed, so I'm going to vent.

It's so damn annoying to say you care about this issue, but some damn jackass comes at you and insinuates that because you aren't Ed Bagley Jr., Ubering people around in a rickshaw while drinking collected rainwater in a recycled plastic bottle, that you are some poser.  I drive ULEV vehicles.  I buy Energy Star everything.  When I had to replace my HVAC and water heater, I spent ungodly amounts of money on a high efficiency paired system and a ultra high efficiency water heater.  Did I have to?  No.  Will it save me money in the long run? Maybe not.  But that's my contribution.  I sleep better at night.

Do I think the agreement is the end all be all? No. It's non-binding for Christ's sake. But what does it say that we don't even give enough of a crap to join a non-binding agreement that LITERALLY the rest of the world is a part of? Well, except Nicaragua, who wanted an even more strict agreement, and Syria, which is less of a country and more of a parking lot these days.

What this means is that our "President", and the goddamn oil and coal lobby that we call the Republican members of Congress, feel like it's a good idea to tell the rest of the world to screw off because they are so desperate to look like they're actually accomplishing something.  They can't ban Muslims, the can't reform health care, and the OMB apparently can't even use a calculator, so, hey, eff Paris.

On top of that, even the staunchest Trump supporter has to admit that at least some of this has to do with the fact that his European trip was a disaster, and he was essentially laughed out of the continent.  It's no small coincidence that he probably took a beating behind closed doors when he met with the G7, and promptly came home and gave them the middle finger.  He's a rough ridin' child that is willing to basically give the entire green energy future to the Chinese because Angela Merkel probably treated him like an idiot all week (because he is) and Marcon gave him a firm handshake.

And this short sighted "Dealmaker" thinks that giving money to developing nations is a bad investment?  I mean maybe, just maybe, this business "guru" could have seen an opportunity to sell green tech, developed, engineered, and manufactured in America to these countries WITH THE MONEY WE GAVE THEM.  But, no, let's sell off half of the strategic petroleum reserves to a global market that is already heavy on the supply side.  Because making a few quick bucks there and selling off our fuel reserves doesn't mean a damn thing when you can just rip up Yellowstone and put up a few rigs.  Hell, let's find some Indian reservations and strip mine them for clean, CLEAN coal. Real CLEEEEAN coal.  But when these countries actually decide to buy green tech, I'm sure the Chinese will be thrilled to sell them all of the solar panels and wind turbines they need.

A fraction of this is about the environment.  We've already hit the CPP goals for carbon reduction due to our rapid move to natural gas and the private sector quickly moving towards renewables.  All this is going to do is make people even more likely to buy an electric car and a high efficiency dishwasher because they want to stick it to Trump.  But what this is really about is continually ceding ground to the Chinese and Europe.  It's giving a win to those dumbass nationalist assholes who think we can stem the tide of globalization, automation, and international cooperation for some mythical past where everything is a zero sum battle for world domination and supremacy.  It's about some Creationist in the Bible Belt who thinks Republican Jesus is going to use the cosmic Hoover to suck the carbon right out of the sky...

Now, more than any time in the last five months, we see pure idiocy.  Not just incompetence and disorganization, but pure, unyielding evidence that this entire cadre of door humping retards can't even get on board with a non-binding treaty, that has goals so low we can shuffle over them, and provides great global PR and a drivers seat to dictate the market for what will be the most lucrative industry in the 21st century.

I'm not worried about the planet.  We'll figure that out.  I'm worried that we're actually going to have to spend literal decades cleaning up amazingly avoidable bullshit.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: June 01, 2017, 11:33:46 PM »
Nicely put

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #3022 on: June 01, 2017, 11:48:47 PM »
I'm sorry.  I forgot to give the President credit for some of his other wins that protect Americans, since he pointed out he's such a steward of American safety and prosperity today.

Trump has rolled back hunting regulations on Alaskan bears, since he's the President of the people Juneau (and not Japan).

Trump has aggressively fought Net Neutrality and Internet Privacy Regulations, because while our national energy interests should be sovereign, your personal data and information shouldn't be.

Also, he's rolled back requirements set by the Labor Dept. for workplaces to report injuries because, well, there's no good reason for that.  He's just an bad person.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: June 02, 2017, 07:21:11 AM »
Nothing embodies how worthless the Paris Accord is more than the fact China is now expected to be the world leader in carbon reduction.
 :lol:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: June 02, 2017, 07:21:56 AM »
I'm still pissed, so I'm going to vent.

It's so damn annoying to say you care about this issue, but some damn jackass comes at you and insinuates that because you aren't Ed Bagley Jr., Ubering people around in a rickshaw while drinking collected rainwater in a recycled plastic bottle, that you are some poser.  I drive ULEV vehicles.  I buy Energy Star everything.  When I had to replace my HVAC and water heater, I spent ungodly amounts of money on a high efficiency paired system and a ultra high efficiency water heater.  Did I have to?  No.  Will it save me money in the long run? Maybe not.  But that's my contribution.  I sleep better at night.