Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 438000 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #2975 on: June 01, 2017, 03:11:18 PM »
Good day.  I will admit it  is  hotter today  than 3 months ago.  If a problem get a better deal.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: June 01, 2017, 03:19:30 PM »
It's ok, clearly the US can't handle decision making anymore, let's just keep sliding down the relevance ladder and let big kids do all the thinking and work for us.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2977 on: June 01, 2017, 03:33:41 PM »
It's ok, clearly the US can't handle decision making anymore, let's just keep sliding down the relevance ladder and let big kids do all the thinking and work for us.

I read a hottake somewhere that said the world may be better off with us on the sidelines for a while until we get our house in order.  The world can move faster to address the problem if they aren't dealing with our Trump drama.

A part of me agrees with that.  What will be interesting to see is how individual states, like California, may end up making their own commitments with other nations.

I did listen to his speech.  God, it's like he was reading a Breitbart article in the Rose Garden.  It made me nauseous.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: June 01, 2017, 03:36:23 PM »
That's because he was.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: June 01, 2017, 03:42:37 PM »
Libs meltin' down. Take a breather fellas. Maybe do some meditation. Here's a few questions to meditate on....

What is the optimal global temperature?

How much will the temperature rise if CO2 increases from .04 percent to .05 percent?

Am I confident enough in my answers that I'm ok cutting thousands of US jobs and driving up the cost of energy (and thereby all the goods and services I consume?)

Did I enjoy air condition today? Drive a car? Charge my phone?

What's it mean to take a gender-responsive approach to climate change?

Breath in.... breath out....
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: June 01, 2017, 03:47:27 PM »

I read a hottake somewhere that said the world may be better off with us on the sidelines for a while until we get our house in order.  The world can move faster to address the problem if they aren't dealing with our Drumpf drama.

A part of me agrees with that.  What will be interesting to see is how individual states, like California, may end up making their own commitments with other nations.

I did listen to his speech.  God, it's like he was reading a Breitbart article in the Rose Garden.  It made me nauseous.

That's pretty much my attitude. It'll be more work than it should, but if he can get away with saying and doing how he pleases, I'm going to get away with not giving a crap about him. The world is pretty much there already

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2981 on: June 01, 2017, 03:48:59 PM »
Libs meltin' down. Take a breather fellas. Maybe do some meditation. Here's a few questions to meditate on....

How much will the temperature rise if CO2 increases from .04 percent to .05 percent?

Am I confident enough in my answers that I'm ok cutting thousands of US jobs and driving up the cost of energy (and thereby all the goods and services I consume?)

Everything you said is stupid.  Shut up.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: June 01, 2017, 03:52:54 PM »

I've got a machinehead

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: June 01, 2017, 04:02:33 PM »
If meditation does not work, how about a memorial? Have you read the Paris Agreement (I think we all know the answer)? In memorial to the Paris Agreement, organize a group of like-minded liberal friends to take turns reading from the Paris Agreement. Between each paragraph, repeat in unison: "Trump is an evil puppet of the Kremlin and we're all going to die from global warming and our children (if we had any) are gonna die even worse."

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=paris+agreement+text&spf=1496350825657
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2984 on: June 01, 2017, 04:10:24 PM »

The climate people being more dogmatic than the branch dividians is one of my favorite things.

I mean, look how holy rough ridin' unreasonable their responses itt are.  :lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: June 01, 2017, 04:16:50 PM »

The climate people being more dogmatic than the branch dividians is one of my favorite things.

I mean, look how holy rough ridin' unreasonable their responses itt are. 

I've got a machinehead
^ it's better than rest

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: June 01, 2017, 04:18:57 PM »
Does ksuw really love his 7 kids or is he willing to sell them out to save a few bucks on the electric bill?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: June 01, 2017, 04:19:29 PM »
So this is almost "literally" cutting off the nose to spite the face? Trumpsters are so eager to do things just to spite libs they are willing to kill their own grandchildren. Good to know.

The Big Train

« Reply #2988 on: June 01, 2017, 04:46:02 PM »

Makes sense why they voted for that idiot to begin with.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: June 01, 2017, 04:55:48 PM »
"I believe there's climate change. I believe there's been climate change since the beginning of time," Walberg said. "Do I think man has some impact? Yeah, of course. Can man change the entire universe? No." He continued: "Why do I believe that? Well, as a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us. And I'm confident that, if there's a real problem, he can take care of it."

nothing to worry about dudes
http://time.com/4800000/tim-walberg-god-climate-change/

I get having faith that there is a god, but having faith that god is just going to shield you from anything bad ever happening has never made sense to me.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: June 01, 2017, 05:18:18 PM »
"I believe there's climate change. I believe there's been climate change since the beginning of time," Walberg said. "Do I think man has some impact? Yeah, of course. Can man change the entire universe? No." He continued: "Why do I believe that? Well, as a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us. And I'm confident that, if there's a real problem, he can take care of it."

nothing to worry about dudes
http://time.com/4800000/tim-walberg-god-climate-change/

I get having faith that there is a god, but having faith that god is just going to shield you from anything bad ever happening has never made sense to me.

my thoughts exactly rage

Makes sense why they voted for that idiot to begin with.

my thoughts exactly tbt

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: June 01, 2017, 05:19:38 PM »
What exactly is changing? 

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: June 01, 2017, 05:21:07 PM »
What exactly is changing?

the US not wanting to be a leader in the world anymore

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: June 01, 2017, 05:27:24 PM »
If that's it then people are sure making a big stink over nothing.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: June 01, 2017, 05:30:58 PM »

I mean, look how holy rough ridin' unreasonable their responses itt are.  :lol:

:lol: I know, right? They either can't or won't answer any of the basic questions I posed, they have no idea what the Paris Agreement even says, but they are super outraged about Trump withdrawing from it! Super worried the US won't "lead on climate change." :lol:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: June 01, 2017, 05:33:38 PM »
If that's it then people are sure making a big stink over nothing.

Climate change is a hoax by the Chinese anyway
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: June 01, 2017, 05:45:03 PM »
ksu and his merry band of dumbasses are worth responding to anymore

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: June 01, 2017, 06:05:21 PM »
Lol, apparently you're not getting that according to the some of the most heralded alarmist findings that warming is inevitable no matter what is done. No matter what draconian measures are instituted, no matter what massive economic shift takes place.   According to the data as produced, the earth is still going to get warmer (I'll leave poor siting, fudged numbers, and the purposeful cooling of the past out of it). 

Then to double down and say it's suddenly going to reverse itself because of what man does? 

You guys can't even answer simple questions like what is the optimum PPM level of CO2, what's going to get us back to what you've decided is "normal".

Even if we knew the magic number you still wouldn't believe it.  The simple truth I know is that you have no rough ridin' idea what is going on.  There isn't data past 100 years ago because guess what Dax we didn't have the rough ridin' technology then to record it accurately on the scale we can now.

To just say eff what the data says and burn and drill because it's too hard to change is a stupid rough ridin' excuse.  I know change is hard for old people but we only have one earth.  We don't have any other feasible place to go, so trying to change the cycle we are on doesn't seem that stupid.  Unless of course you use the stupid mindset that you see the world in.

Lol, in terms of your historical "thoughts" welcome to what was said 100 plus pages ago. 

Never said burn and drill either.

Damn.  Sad.

Your same "thoughts" are just repeats every few pages anyways because of your limited grasp on the subject.  Sad.

There's no other way to respond to you and your sock CAM.   You keep saying the same crap over and over again.   LOL, I've never proposed nor endorsed burn-burn-burn, slash and burn, drill-drill-drill.

Limited grasp?  LOL, okay TBT, you keep posting the same idiotic rant.

There's no greater idiocy than all of the so called "solutions" to a so called "problem" that cannot even be properly defined because the systems in play are so variable and so complex.   Warmist alarmist literally believe they can throw anything out there to scare people and all the sheep are supposed to line up and accept it.    Remember some of the clams, "We're going to have to change the Fukishima Scale to take into account the greater number of stronger tornadoes and they'll be more tornadoes because of global warming".   Reality, a decline in Tornadoes, and no acknowledgement at all as to the more sophisticated technology in play to detect and evaluate tornadoes, technology  that didn't exist 25 years.   No acknowledgement at all to the urban sprawl which has heightened the awareness and impact of severe storms when they do strike.    Once the so called "Tornado Drought" was underway, the claims were then reversed to imply that "global warming" was causing a reduction in severe storms. 

We were going to have even more and more protracted severe droughts.   Reality:  No more or less severe droughts now than during any other time in a substantial period of earth's history.    More severe land falling hurricanes:  Reality:  Fewer land falling hurricanes.   Hurricanes and Typoons are stronger than ever!!  Yet no acknowledgement as to the evolution of the technology used to detect and evaluate tropical storms, that again, didn't even exist 25 years ago. 

The list goes on for days.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: June 01, 2017, 06:14:53 PM »
I know facts aren't very important here, but saying that this is an issue only for liberals is a pretty big misrepresentation.