Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 437636 times)

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
Re: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #2950 on: June 01, 2017, 10:53:33 AM »

Dax, bless your soul, how can you show us a graph based on what I presume to be science when you don't believe the very people who study and produce it?

And do you understand what the consequences of +4.5C are?

Let's see a graphic visual of that...

untuck manhattan

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: June 01, 2017, 11:01:12 AM »
camKSU you posted a graph with the text written in comic sans

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: June 01, 2017, 11:04:13 AM »
Furthermore.... and I'll try and slow this down for you mouth breathing knuckle draggers... that minute very small difference at the year 2100 will amount to a significant very large difference down the road on the graph.

A lot of the temperature change has already been baked into the equation, what the paris agreement is about is minimizing the impact and changing our course, starting the process of doing more and more moving forward.

Turning our backs on this is extremely embarrassing and detrimental to working on a global scale on problems like this in the future.

North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, China, and India were all on board with this, for crying out loud, but Scott Pruitt's puppet masters and Trump the toddler are against it so let's just continue our rape and pillaging of our children's future with the status quo.... cause freedom and capitalism!

untuck manhattan

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: June 01, 2017, 11:04:57 AM »
camKSU you posted a graph with the text written in comic sans

Trying to speak their language, C43
untuck manhattan

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: June 01, 2017, 11:28:50 AM »
Gosh Cam, bless your little old heart.   What the graph is saying given the models from the warmest alarmists and all available data based on warmist alarmists prognostications.   That adhering to the Paris Accord in full for the next 80 years will virtually do nothing to stop temperature rise based on warmest alarmist projections.   In addition, what tiny variances do exist based on warmest alarmist modeling and projections between adhering and not adhering to the Paris Accord, will likely be washed up in the "noise" of NOAA's measurement methodology.

Oh, and you clearly never really read my posts, and you prove it every single time you say it's a science "you don't believe in". 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: June 01, 2017, 11:30:09 AM »
Dear Leader had a great album titled The Alarmist.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: June 01, 2017, 11:42:46 AM »
Gosh Cam, bless your little old heart.   What the graph is saying given the models from the warmest alarmists and all available data based on warmist alarmists prognostications.   That adhering to the Paris Accord in full for the next 80 years will virtually do nothing to stop temperature rise based on warmest alarmist projections.   In addition, what tiny variances do exist based on warmest alarmist modeling and projections between adhering and not adhering to the Paris Accord, will likely be washed up in the "noise" of NOAA's measurement methodology.

Oh, and you clearly never really read my posts, and you prove it every single time you say it's a science "you don't believe in".

Dax, I have no trouble reading your graph or your posts (outside of your overwhelming cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy)... My problem is that you claim to believe science and yet you don't trust scientists. You think 97% of scientists are "alarmists" and that the guys saying that GOD will save us from destruction (if it even exists) are on to something with their denialism.

Just keep grasping at your dwindling straws for justification in what you believe, the rest of the world (pretty much everyone) is moving on from trying to explain it to you.

The rough ridin' pope, leader of the largest and oldest church (a faith-based organization) not known for flippantly hopping on trends, is able to comprehend the direness of the situation.

untuck manhattan

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: June 01, 2017, 12:10:22 PM »
Lol, apparently you're not getting that according to the some of the most heralded alarmist findings that warming is inevitable no matter what is done. No matter what draconian measures are instituted, no matter what massive economic shift takes place.   According to the data as produced, the earth is still going to get warmer (I'll leave poor siting, fudged numbers, and the purposeful cooling of the past out of it). 

Then to double down and say it's suddenly going to reverse itself because of what man does? 

You guys can't even answer simple questions like what is the optimum PPM level of CO2, what's going to get us back to what you've decided is "normal". 

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: June 01, 2017, 12:51:24 PM »
Lol, apparently you're not getting that according to the some of the most heralded alarmist findings that warming is inevitable no matter what is done. No matter what draconian measures are instituted, no matter what massive economic shift takes place.   According to the data as produced, the earth is still going to get warmer (I'll leave poor siting, fudged numbers, and the purposeful cooling of the past out of it). 

Then to double down and say it's suddenly going to reverse itself because of what man does? 

You guys can't even answer simple questions like what is the optimum PPM level of CO2, what's going to get us back to what you've decided is "normal". 
*not a scientist

but i'm pretty damn sure pumping more CO2 into the atmosphere is not going to help the situation.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: June 01, 2017, 01:18:31 PM »
Well I'm not going out and cleaning up the massive amount of plastic waste from the ocean so I might as well just throw a bunch more plastic in the river.

The Big Train

« Reply #2960 on: June 01, 2017, 01:51:55 PM »

Even if we knew the magic number you still wouldn't believe it.  The simple truth I know is that you have no rough ridin' idea what is going on.  There isn't data past 100 years ago because guess what Dax we didn't have the rough ridin' technology then to record it accurately on the scale we can now.

To just say eff what the data says and burn and drill because it's too hard to change is a stupid rough ridin' excuse.  I know change is hard for old people but we only have one earth.  We don't have any other feasible place to go, so trying to change the cycle we are on doesn't seem that stupid.  Unless of course you use the stupid mindset that you see the world in.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: June 01, 2017, 01:59:36 PM »

Even if we knew the magic number you still wouldn't believe it.  The simple truth I know is that you have no rough ridin' idea what is going on.  There isn't data past 100 years ago because guess what Dax we didn't have the rough ridin' technology then to record it accurately on the scale we can now.

To just say eff what the data says and burn and drill because it's too hard to change is a stupid rough ridin' excuse.  I know change is hard for old people but we only have one earth.  We don't have any other feasible place to go, so trying to change the cycle we are on doesn't seem that stupid.  Unless of course you use the stupid mindset that you see the world in.

Lol, in terms of your historical "thoughts" welcome to what was said 100 plus pages ago. 

Never said burn and drill either.

Damn.  Sad.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
untuck manhattan

The Big Train

« Reply #2963 on: June 01, 2017, 02:03:42 PM »

Lol, in terms of your historical "thoughts" welcome to what was said 100 plus pages ago. 

Damn.  Sad.

Your same "thoughts" are just repeats every few pages anyways because of your limited grasp on the subject.  Sad.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: June 01, 2017, 02:04:33 PM »
Well I'm not going out and cleaning up the massive amount of plastic waste from the ocean so I might as well just throw a bunch more plastic in the river.

Do you even know the optimal ppm for plastic in water?????
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: June 01, 2017, 02:08:34 PM »

Well until we do lets keep throwing more in.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: June 01, 2017, 02:13:25 PM »
+1

Good work guys!  Take the rest of the afternoon off!  :thumbsup:

The Big Train

« Reply #2967 on: June 01, 2017, 02:15:45 PM »

Well until we do lets keep throwing more in.

The more we do now the easier it is to fix later I always say.

The Big Train

« Reply #2968 on: June 01, 2017, 02:20:05 PM »
Example: the quicker we cut down the rain forest the quicker it grows back. #science

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: June 01, 2017, 02:34:14 PM »
"I believe there's climate change. I believe there's been climate change since the beginning of time," Walberg said. "Do I think man has some impact? Yeah, of course. Can man change the entire universe? No." He continued: "Why do I believe that? Well, as a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us. And I'm confident that, if there's a real problem, he can take care of it."

nothing to worry about dudes
http://time.com/4800000/tim-walberg-god-climate-change/

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: June 01, 2017, 02:35:11 PM »

Damn.  Sad.

But you're against alternative energy, so?

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: June 01, 2017, 02:41:32 PM »
"I believe there's climate change. I believe there's been climate change since the beginning of time," Walberg said. "Do I think man has some impact? Yeah, of course. Can man change the entire universe? No." He continued: "Why do I believe that? Well, as a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us. And I'm confident that, if there's a real problem, he can take care of it."

God gave us cars and the oil/gas/coal in the ground... we would be spiting God if we didn't use them. And the arrogance of thinking we affect anything or have the power to impact the climate. We can do whatever we want as this is our dominion and God will just fix it all. Faith alone is our salvation. #MAGA

/s
untuck manhattan

The Big Train

« Reply #2972 on: June 01, 2017, 02:43:12 PM »

OMG! :lol:

The Big Train

« Reply #2973 on: June 01, 2017, 02:44:12 PM »
What sucks is the I told you so will be when sea levels have risen and our crops are gone and we are all mumped.  It won't be very much fun at all

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: June 01, 2017, 02:50:50 PM »
I'm glad I'll be dead before any of this matters.