Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 437987 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #1325 on: February 22, 2015, 08:49:49 PM »
I really enjoy how Dax thinks all the studies clown suiting his position are at the behest of "big-research"; while all the studies he suckles at the tit of, proven to be rigged by "small" energy, are legit.  Because ya know the NSF and NIH and all of these other bodies are known to be so corrupt.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: February 22, 2015, 09:10:28 PM »
I really enjoy how Dax thinks all the studies clown suiting his position are at the behest of "big-research"; while all the studies he suckles at the tit of, proven to be rigged by "small" energy, are legit.  Because ya know the NSF and NIH and all of these other bodies are known to be so corrupt.

I don't suckle on the teat of anything, I fully admit there's bias in research by some parties.   But it's absolutely laughable that you ProgLibs believe that all so called deniers are sell outs, while the warmist alarmists have no sell outs who work at the behest of politicians with specific agendas.   Why do you believe that there are no agendas within the warmist alarmist community?   I mean the K-State news release and the people involved (for example) absolutely reeks of a research and grant money grab.   

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 09:14:03 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: February 22, 2015, 09:28:30 PM »
global warming studies, a waste of time -- neocon philosophy

Yes. The market will figure out out.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: February 22, 2015, 09:51:10 PM »
Plus edn, I really don't think you want to start going down the list of some of the stuff the NSF had funded over the years . . . like $5.7 million dollars to Columbia so they could essentially set up a VM system to allow people to pretend they're calling from the future so they can warn us about Climate Change.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: February 22, 2015, 09:51:59 PM »

I don't suckle on the teat of anything, I fully admit there's bias in research by some parties.   But it's absolutely laughable that you ProgLibs believe that all so called deniers are sell outs, while the warmist alarmists have no sell outs who work at the behest of politicians with specific agendas.   Why do you believe that there are no agendas within the warmist alarmist community?   I mean the K-State news release and the people involved (for example) absolutely reeks of a research and grant money grab.

I tend to agree if you are talking about the people modeling future weather patterns based upon projected temps. People who declare that the climate isn't drastically affected by all of the non-natural CO2 we are pumping into the air are a joke, though.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: February 22, 2015, 09:55:31 PM »
I think you need to read into a bit more. The current research is predicting these droughts will be 6 to 7 times more likely (occurring more often), longer severity, and lasting longer.

Oh "the current research is predicting"?! :runaway: Climate alarmists never get their predictions wrong... :lol: Said the polar bears, and the ice caps, and the hurricanes, and the warming models... We should make a list of all the stellar predictions - but I'm betting a quick google search would provide many such lists.

I see Edna has checked back in. I go ahead and bump my last comment, was probably just overlooked.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: February 22, 2015, 09:58:22 PM »
I mean we can't even accurately predict the weather for this coming summer at a regional scale. Like hell somebody is going to accurately predict droughts based upon projected climate changes.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: February 22, 2015, 10:09:50 PM »
I think you need to read into a bit more. The current research is predicting these droughts will be 6 to 7 times more likely (occurring more often), longer severity, and lasting longer.

Oh "the current research is predicting"?! :runaway: Climate alarmists never get their predictions wrong... :lol: Said the polar bears, and the ice caps, and the hurricanes, and the warming models... We should make a list of all the stellar predictions - but I'm betting a quick google search would provide many such lists.

I see Edna has checked back in. I go ahead and bump my last comment, was probably just overlooked.

Being mostly right and being mostly wrong are very different sides of the same coin here.  I know what side I'm on and i think the current state of the Arctic ice cap and the reservoirs in the SW agree with me.   
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: February 22, 2015, 10:22:07 PM »
Really?  I mean we're debating a drought in the Southwest, talking about the water level in reservoirs that were by and large all man made?    How can anyone say that with a straight face?

Why would anyone look at the actual climatic history of the Southwest and the look at a man-made reservoir and think to themselves, "this thing is going to stay full of water forever"?  It's just laughable.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 10:29:22 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: February 22, 2015, 10:26:12 PM »

Being mostly right and being mostly wrong are very different sides of the same coin here.  I know what side I'm on and i think the current state of the Arctic ice cap and the reservoirs in the SW agree with me.   

both driven by ocean currents, not air temperatures.  Frozen Great Lakes are driven by air temps.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: February 22, 2015, 10:42:07 PM »
Never bring up currents when discuss the Arctic FSD.   Warmist Alarmists hate that.

They banter about the words unprecedented all the time in relation to the arctic, yet climate history says that there have been numerous arctic ice minimums (and maximums) and that iceless expanses of the arctic during the summer months are far from unprecedented.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: February 22, 2015, 10:46:15 PM »
LOL yeah because currents aren't affected at all by warming oceans.  What that Gulf Stream do, nothing to do with temps!!  :Carl:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: February 22, 2015, 10:47:34 PM »
Really?  I mean we're debating a drought in the Southwest, talking about the water level in reservoirs that were by and large all man made?    How can anyone say that with a straight face?

Why would anyone look at the actual climatic history of the Southwest and the look at a man-made reservoir and think to themselves, "this thing is going to stay full of water forever"?  It's just laughable.

Sure they're man made.  And cities like Phoenix are testaments to mans hubris, building cities in the desert.  But the fact remains that the lack of rain is an issue, and we'll see it very much an issue when no snow is there to melt for spring run off. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: February 22, 2015, 10:52:47 PM »
So why is the status of a SW drought even a debate in the context of AGW?   

Oh and there's going to be plenty of warm water available in the oceans to impact sea ice whether there's AGW or not.   But reality says that warmist alarmists place the greatest blame for so called sea ice "loss" at the feet of air temps, not currents.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: February 22, 2015, 10:57:39 PM »
dax called JD FSD... low blow dax, low blow
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: February 22, 2015, 11:19:22 PM »

Oh and there's going to be plenty of warm water available in the oceans to impact sea ice whether there's AGW or not.   But reality says that warmist alarmists place the greatest blame for so called sea ice "loss" at the feet of air temps, not currents.

Because the reality is that water isn't going into the reservoirs because we haven't danced the right rain dances I'm sure.

Oh and no one puts it at just air temps for the arctic. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: February 23, 2015, 12:30:43 AM »

Because the reality is that water isn't going into the reservoirs because we haven't danced the right rain dances I'm sure.

I think it has more to do with growing populations and water demands, plus sedimentation.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: February 23, 2015, 11:42:12 AM »

I think it has more to do with growing populations and water demands, plus sedimentation.

I agree a large part of the issue are the ridiculous water needs of the SW.  But you can't deny the fact snowfalls and average precipitation have changed in places which feed the rivers and reservoirs.   

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: February 23, 2015, 11:44:03 AM »
Dax what is your thesis against reducing so called global warming factors?  Is it a rejection that humanity is too hubris in thinking they can alter the world?  Do you genuinely not believe in any climate change?  Also what if the climate change apologists are right while you're wrong?  Isn't the safe long term bet to secure the environment?  I'm asking for your personal interpretation here. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: February 23, 2015, 12:47:54 PM »

I agree a large part of the issue are the ridiculous water needs of the SW.  But you can't deny the fact snowfalls and average precipitation have changed in places which feed the rivers and reservoirs.

Changed since when? 5000 years ago, 1000 years ago, 5 years ago?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: February 23, 2015, 12:50:24 PM »

LOL stats how do they work?

I'll wait for you to potato a real post.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: February 23, 2015, 01:22:58 PM »

LOL stats how do they work?

I'll wait for you to potato a real post.

It's called a drought and they can last for several years to decades. We should have been building more reservoirs as populations increased to deal with droughts.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1347 on: February 23, 2015, 01:34:29 PM »
The reason there's less water in SW Kansas is because our federal government, at the request of the envirotards, decided to turn corn into gasoline.  Now every dry land farmer with a water right is spraying a billion gallon of water on each of his quarter sections every summer.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: February 23, 2015, 01:41:13 PM »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile