Author Topic: HOLY crap WE ARE mumped  (Read 23274 times)

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Re: HOLY crap WE ARE mumped
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2013, 05:41:07 PM »

It will be closer to this

1. Jevon 30 mins, Will 5 mins, Nigel 5 mins
2. Will 20 mins, Omari 10 mins, Nigel 10 mins
3. Foster 25 mins, Southwell 10 mins, Omari 5 mins 
4. Southwell 20 mins, Niño 15 mins, Wesley 5 mins
5. Gipson 30 mins, DJamer 10 mins

Jevon is really really good, foster has also been far better than projected. Westicles seems to be solid, but is behind Shane. Nigel hasn't got to play yet due to injury.

jfc. so you think will spradling is going to play less minutes this year than he did last year and his sophomore year? my god son.  :flush:
Do you think he can play more? Will's body can't handle playing 30 mins a game.

he played 31 as a sophomore so you tell me.
And was complete crap the second half of the season.

so will sucked because he played 31 minutes a game instead of 25? seems like a pretty fine line you are drawing in the imaginary basketball court sand. 25 minutes a game? great. 31? horrible. what if they play him 29? 28.7? i mean honestly i'd just play him 10 if those ten are a lebron 10. thoughts? or would that be not enough? like he needs to play exactly 24.7 a game to be maximum will spradling? like if he's playing in a game and he's already played 24.7 minutes in that game, should weber call a timeout and pull him?
If your over exert a player their quality of play will deteriorate. Right?

I am just saying it was obvious at the end of the last 2 years Will has crossed that line. Just look at how he closed out each season. Because of this I doubt Weber will use Will at the same rate.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2013, 06:04:24 PM »
 :bill:
I don't think that's the case. Thomas should be able to play as soon as the first semester's over, or sometime in mid-December. Remember Walker?

Updated Depth Chart with minutes

The lineup is really starting to clear up for me.    :popcorn:

PG       Will Spradling      25 Minutes     Nigel Johnson    15 minutes  and Thomas may take Nigel's minutes in the 2nd semester and Shane may see action here as well per oscar Weber.

SG       Omari Lawrence   30 minutes     Will Spradling     10 minutes   Shane Southwell in reserve

SG       Foster                 25 Minutes     Shane Southwell  15 minutes

SF        Shane Southwell 20 minutes     Williams          15 Minutes          Westicles   5Minutes

PF       Gipson     25 minutes               DJamer 15 Minutes     Shane in Reserve

By minutes it would look like

Will Spradling        35 Minutes
Shane Southwell    35 Minutes
Omari Lawrence     30 Minutes
Marcus Foster       25 Minutes
Thomas Gipson     25 Minutes
Nigel/Thomas        15 Minutes
DJamer                        15 Minutes
Nino Williams        15 Minutes
Westicles                 5 Minutes

Jevon is really really good, foster has also been far better than projected. Westicles seems to be solid, but is behind Shane. Nigel hasn't got to play yet due to injury.

So our really really good point guard isn't going to be able to play throughout all of the OCC and will be playing his first collegiate minutes ever at the start of big 12 play? See thread title  :dubious:

So you're saying that our 3 star freshman point guard, with no real offers, is going to be able to adjust to the college game as quick as a player that at the time was considered a lottery pick and one of the best players in the country?  :eye:
Jevon's will have been on campus for a year and you need to understand Jevon is a lot better than a no offer 3 star. Their is a good chance Jevon is the best player on the team next year, it is either him or Shane.

I mean I don't think it's likely you're right here, but I would love to be wrong
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2013, 06:09:22 PM »

jfc. so you think will spradling is going to play less minutes this year than he did last year and his sophomore year? my god son.  :flush:

so will sucked because he played 31 minutes a game instead of 25? seems like a pretty fine line you are drawing in the imaginary basketball court sand. 25 minutes a game? great. 31? horrible. what if they play him 29? 28.7? i mean honestly i'd just play him 10 if those ten are a lebron 10. thoughts? or would that be not enough? like he needs to play exactly 24.7 a game to be maximum will spradling? like if he's playing in a game and he's already played 24.7 minutes in that game, should weber call a timeout and pull him?

I am just saying it was obvious at the end of the last 2 years Will has crossed that line. Just look at how he closed out each season. Because of this I doubt Weber will use Will at the same rate.

i just look at every ksu year for will and can't discern much of a different from the first half of the year to the second half aside from the caliber of teams and players that he was playing against. but if you want to delude yourself into thinking that it was because he played 28 minutes a game instead of 25 then by all means. just don't do it here, dumbass.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2013, 06:22:36 PM »

i just look at every ksu year for will and can't discern much of a different from the first half of the year to the second half aside from the caliber of teams and players that he was playing against. but if you want to delude yourself into thinking that it was because he played 28 minutes a game instead of 25 then by all means. just don't do it here, dumbass.
His performance has tanked late Febuary the last 2 years.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2013, 06:31:22 PM »

no rough ridin' crap, jackass? i mean, will looks worse in feb and march than in november and december? duh rough ridin' duh? i mean, will's numbers are worse in months that he has to play ku, osu and baylor multiple times as opposed to the months where he plays north dakota, lamar and uc upton? i mean this is brain explosion stuff you're breaking. if only will would've played 20 minutes against umkc last year instead of 38. we probably would've been elite 8 or better.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2013, 06:43:15 PM »

no rough ridin' crap, jackass? i mean, will looks worse in feb and march than in november and december? duh rough ridin' duh? i mean, will's numbers are worse in months that he has to play ku, osu and baylor multiple times as opposed to the months where he plays north dakota, lamar and uc upton? i mean this is brain explosion stuff you're breaking. if only will would've played 20 minutes against umkc last year instead of 38. we probably would've been elite 8 or better.
Big 12 plays starts in January and he has performed better in January and early Febuary. It would also not be the first time a coach restricteds a players minutes in effort to keep the player fresher.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2013, 06:55:35 PM »

Big 12 plays starts in January and he has performed better in January and early Febuary.

no he hasn't and you're horrible. just a horrible poster. and apparently a liar as well.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: HOLY crap WE ARE mumped
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2013, 07:09:19 PM »

Big 12 plays starts in January and he has performed better in January and early Febuary.

no he hasn't and you're horrible. just a horrible poster. and apparently a liar as well.
Qft.
:adios:

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2013, 07:20:43 PM »
There is a lot to talk about here.

1. I think there is some truth to the fact that non 1st or 2nd team Big 12 players probably shouldn't play more than 30 minutes a game.  Will, Omari and Gipson probably shouldn't be playing over 30 but in many games (for Will probably most) they will probably be called upon to do that because of a lack of depth, injury, grades, foul trouble etc.  You can probably get more energy and efficient production from these guys by getting them to play harder for shorter periods.  In some games I thought oscar did a good job with this but then I watched the LaSalle game and now I am uncertain about what the hell oscar is thinking and whether he just accidentally wore some teams out like the first OSU game, TCU, and Texas games.

2. Generally freshman are not good players, particularly 3 star freshman. Angel's freshman year is a pretty typical example of a great college player messing up a lot and rapidly getting better but still with significant flaws. If you look at Chester Frazier's first years at Illinois it wasn't too impressive but he did grow into a really good college player.

Frazier
shot 20.8% from the field in 2006        :flush:
35% in 2007                                      :)
33% in 08 and                                    :)
44% in 09.                                         :drool:

If we only get 20.8% shooting from the point guard position, this will not be fun.

Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2013, 07:25:13 PM »

Will
2012-2013
Jan 5 - Feb 18
Reb - 2.615
Ast - 1.846
Blk - .0769
Stl - .6153
PTS - 8.0

Feb 23 - March 16
Reb - 1.86
Ast - 1.71
Blk - .142
Stl - .71
PTS - 3.14

2011-2012
Jan 4 - Feb 18
Reb  - 2.38
Ast - 2.71
Blk - .0714
Stl - .714
PTS - 8.785

Feb 21 - March 8
Reb - 1.2
Ast - 3.8
Blk - .2
Stl - .8
PTS - 5.8

:thumbsup:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
HOLY crap WE ARE mumped
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2013, 07:34:14 PM »
looks like he sucks all the time

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2013, 08:02:45 PM »
looks like he sucks all the time
he does.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2013, 08:36:51 PM »
Was obvs that it was a conditioning and over exertion issue.  Maybe if will was started under a decent trainer or strength coach he wouldn't hit that physical wall.   Sounds like frank and greenawalt caused all this in not making will get in better shape.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2013, 06:49:35 AM »
i think the point is to not use proactive from mid febuary to late march, apparently it causes muscle tremors

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2013, 09:04:16 AM »
I get as frustrated with Will's inconsistency as the next guy, but he also didn't practice the last month of the season due to a nagging injury. Probably more of a case of rust than overuse. Although the Proactive theory could have legs to it...

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2013, 09:11:35 AM »
I get as frustrated with Will's inconsistency as the next guy, but he also didn't practice the last month of the season due to a nagging injury. Probably more of a case of rust than overuse. Although the Proactive theory could have legs to it...

:facepalm:

It wasn't rust. He just sucks and your first two posts here have sucked too.
@lopakman

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2013, 09:57:33 AM »
This is what Bruceketball has become, arguing about whether or not Will Spradling is worse in February or January and if he'll get 25 or 35 minutes a game

FYWS

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2013, 10:15:43 AM »
Guys, that is like two or three yrs in a row that we have heard will's lacking performance is due to a severe nagging injury that he courageously fought through. 

Sounds like a sustainability problem.  We are in KS.....

Again, this goes back to the extremely lacking conditioning that Will was brought up with for the first 2/3rds of his career.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2013, 10:49:58 AM »
Guys, that is like two or three yrs in a row that we have heard will's lacking performance is due to a severe nagging injury that he courageously fought through. 

Sounds like a sustainability problem.  We are in KS.....

Again, this goes back to the extremely lacking conditioning that Will was brought up with for the first 2/3rds of his career.
Fr - elbow bursa sac
Soph - hand
Jr - the chest thing from the UT game?

I predict the Sr excuse will be something like mono

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2013, 11:28:03 AM »

:facepalm:

It wasn't rust. He just sucks and your first two posts here have sucked too.

Shut up, lopakman.

Offline illBisonYourdele

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2013, 02:11:38 PM »

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2013, 02:33:30 PM »

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2013, 02:33:52 PM »
House of the Rising Sun in basic MIDI format, it sounds like the "Demo" button on those old '80s Casio keyboards.   :blindfold:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2013, 02:37:54 PM »
jesus christ ksu wait until the best (and most adrobs) player is here to do the promo's