Author Topic: Hilarious Things At Your Office  (Read 220976 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious Things At Your Office
« Reply #1425 on: December 06, 2016, 03:22:43 PM »
There are currently 2 guys vaping in the conference room I am in.  Both are from Jackson, MS.
That's rough ridin' awful, but you're probably lucky they aren't pulling out marlboro reds.

It doesn't make a single smell

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: December 06, 2016, 03:23:03 PM »
There are currently 2 guys vaping in the conference room I am in.  Both are from Jackson, MS.
That's rough ridin' awful, but you're probably lucky they aren't pulling out marlboro reds.

What are the laws w.r.t. vaping inside a workplace building?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: December 06, 2016, 04:13:15 PM »

:dunno: every time I've been around them they have an odor, some worse than others.  But this was during a work meeting?  Was this meeting supposed to be super casual (meal?)? 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 06, 2016, 04:31:02 PM »

:dunno: every time I've been around them they have an odor, some worse than others.  But this was during a work meeting?  Was this meeting supposed to be super casual (meal?)?

It is not at all informal.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: December 06, 2016, 05:12:32 PM »

Do I want to take taekwondo lessons from a Filipino woman named Irish Villanueva? I kinda do.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: December 06, 2016, 05:39:45 PM »
You'll have to take your family. She doesn't take single men (according to what I am reading on the flyer).

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: December 06, 2016, 06:55:39 PM »
Christmas party this Saturday, guys! :party:

we had a special appearance by attrail snipes!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: December 08, 2016, 06:53:51 AM »
Please note that with respect to the premium reward for non-smokers, we will provide a reasonable alternative standard for any individuals for whom it is unreasonably difficult due to a medical condition to satisfy the non-smoking standard.  If it is medically inadvisable for an individual to attempt to satisfy the non-smoking standard, we will allow a waiver of the standard. 

In both cases, we must receive written verification from the individual’s personal physician that a health factor makes it unreasonably difficult for the individual to satisfy the standard or medically inadvisable for the individual to attempt to satisfy the standard.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: December 09, 2016, 12:06:21 PM »
Please note that with respect to the premium reward for non-smokers, we will provide a reasonable alternative standard for any individuals for whom it is unreasonably difficult due to a medical condition to satisfy the non-smoking standard.  If it is medically inadvisable for an individual to attempt to satisfy the non-smoking standard, we will allow a waiver of the standard. 

In both cases, we must receive written verification from the individual’s personal physician that a health factor makes it unreasonably difficult for the individual to satisfy the standard or medically inadvisable for the individual to attempt to satisfy the standard.

CORRECTION:  A reasonable alternative standard and/or waiver for the premium reduction program will be available without requiring physician verification. The corrected notice is reprinted below.

Please note that with respect to the premium reduction for non-tobacco use, we will provide a reasonable alternative standard for any individuals for whom it is unreasonably difficult due to a medical condition to satisfy the non-tobacco standard.  If it is medically inadvisable for an individual to attempt to satisfy the non-tobacco standard, we will allow a waiver of the standard.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: December 09, 2016, 12:14:16 PM »
How could a certain medical condition make it so you have to smoke?  Or maybe I didn't understand what it said.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 09, 2016, 12:16:23 PM »
that's what is says and also why he posted it in this thread

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 09, 2016, 12:20:05 PM »
How could a certain medical condition make it so you have to smoke?  Or maybe I didn't understand what it said.

The stress of quitting could cause other health complications if they have been a long time smoker.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: December 09, 2016, 12:20:46 PM »
that's what is says and also why he posted it in this thread

Thanks pclams.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 09, 2016, 12:25:48 PM »
If your health is so bad that quitting smoking would actually make it worse, you should not get a premium award.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 09, 2016, 01:00:48 PM »

CORRECTION:  A reasonable alternative standard and/or waiver for the premium reduction program will be available without requiring physician verification. The corrected notice is reprinted below.

Please note that with respect to the premium reduction for non-tobacco use, we will provide a reasonable alternative standard for any individuals for whom it is unreasonably difficult due to a medical condition to satisfy the non-tobacco standard.  If it is medically inadvisable for an individual to attempt to satisfy the non-tobacco standard, we will allow a waiver of the standard.

Yes, this is ridiculous, but I must amend the notice again:

Please note that with respect to the premium reduction for non-tobacco use, we will provide a reasonable alternative standard for any individuals who do not meet the otherwise applicable standard.  Contact human resources to obtain the alternative standard.  Recommendations of an individual’s personal physician will be accommodated.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: December 09, 2016, 01:09:10 PM »
The smokers in your office must be putting up a big stink about this.  Figuratively and also literally because of their clothes and breath.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: December 09, 2016, 01:45:55 PM »
My understanding was that there was some medical test to "prove" you are a non-smoker. (Like a stress test where you run on a treadmill???) And for people who do not smoke but are also unable to complete the test for medical reasons, they will give a waiver (or alternate standard).

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: December 09, 2016, 02:05:01 PM »
There is no test to verify that someone is a non-smoker tobacco user.

Some hero must have told the company that quitting smoking was not good for their health.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: December 09, 2016, 02:06:35 PM »
hilarious thing at my office: me rn

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: December 09, 2016, 02:07:10 PM »
hilarious thing at my office: me rn

hilarious thing at my office: me leaving rn.  :buh-bye:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: December 09, 2016, 02:27:24 PM »

Some hero must have told the company that quitting smoking was not good for their health.

there is definitely a heater test, they stay in your system for a month or so

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: December 09, 2016, 02:34:22 PM »

there is definitely a heater test, they stay in your system for a month or so

Definitely. I just meant not at my office.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: December 09, 2016, 02:44:38 PM »

Nicotine in the blood???
@mikec2w

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: December 09, 2016, 02:51:36 PM »
My company once fired someone with cause. That person hired a lawyer. My company opted to let them come back to work rather than fight it. That person has been back at work for like two years.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: December 09, 2016, 02:54:47 PM »
My company once fired someone with cause. That person hired a lawyer. My company opted to let them come back to work rather than fight it. That person has been back at work for like two years.
Well that person is now untouchable. Could literally take a crap in the corner and they would probably do nothing.