Author Topic: RIP Hibachi Hut  (Read 14160 times)

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Hibachi Hut
« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2013, 03:45:01 PM »
LOL, this is like the movie called castaway where they all thought he was dead, but nope, still alive (but he is now WAY different).

interesting that you mention castaway because even if i was on an island starving my ass off for a year eating nothing but coconut milk i still wouldnt eat at hibachi hut. thanks for reminding me, pete.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2013, 04:05:21 PM »
Man, these Hibachi Hut guys cashed in big time. First they sell their building for what has to be just an incredible gain. Then they find some putz who is willing to buy their name and subpar menu so he can try to run a failing business in a worse location.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2013, 04:46:26 PM »
Kitchen opened today, and its incredible.   :lick:
Really excited about this place.

yeah. will be a great addition to the aggieville food scene. unlike every other dump of a pit shithole that has opened within the past year.

tasty china house.  I mean seriously?  taco lucha/so long is going to dominate aggieville's face.

it's almost like nobody else is even trying. i haven't wanted to bring it up and even feel bad doing so, but hibachi's quality has slipped over the past year or so.  :frown:

Hibachi has seemed about the same to me. :dunno: I like the new setup since they got rid of Texas Star and moved the bar to the other side.

that's fine. i'm really trying not to be mean here w/ them. i still like them. it's just...

Donut place is fine, overpriced.

rd, it's just...what? (actually curious and didn't think you were being mean...)

i can't really say what i want to say without it coming out kind of mean and i don't want to so here goes...

i like hibachi. if you gave me five or six restaurants in mhk, they would be there. it just used to be better.

i don't disagree that they've done nice things to the place. it's just kind of sterile now and part of what i liked about hibachi back was that it was the opposite of that. that's about as nice as i can be. also, the quality seemed to be a little off the last few times i ate there. could've just been a bad kitchen day. i've probably eaten in aggieville twenty times in the last three months and i've gone there probably four of the times, so it's not like i hate them now or something. still good and i'll continue to go.

i also really think they should've kept hibachi as hibachi and turned t-star into a place that people would want to go to. seems like they said "hmmm, hibachi does decent. tstar doesn't. let's make it all hibachi". so long didn't double their space and make a so long back yard. they made an entirely new restaurant and called it taco lucha. it will absolutely kill. hibachi should've done that. be foreward thinking. be innovative. make it nice. make it interesting. find/create a niche. it's freaking aggieville, the niche doesn't have to be all that good or even all that innovative. taco lucha isn't some crazy idea. it's been done a million places. just not in aggieville and it's a good aggieville concept.

add that new bar that they did, but keep the hibachi bar as well. you want people drinking and you want them staying late into the night and drinking. nobody is going to do that in the new hibachi hut cavern. you want it to be exclusive. you wan't to have people wait to get a table (more exclusive/more booze ordering). don't penny pinch here and there and everywhere. takes money to make money. basically all that stuff. i think they are cutting corners in some ways w/ their current business and missed a good oppy to do something better.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2013, 05:31:28 PM »
Good move for HH IMO

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2013, 05:35:28 PM »
these hh owners are studs.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 29, 2013, 09:23:52 PM »
@DaveGTM
Kudos to @wardmorgan for buying the rights to @HibachiHut! Manhattan leadership at it's finest.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2013, 01:06:40 PM »
Also Ballards? NICE WORK DICKS YOU ASSHOLES!

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2013, 01:16:20 PM »

eff, who am I supposed to blame? Varney's and Threads are also local businesses and probably the reasons Ballards is dead.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2013, 01:18:45 PM »

eff, who am I supposed to blame? Varney's and Threads are also local businesses and probably the reasons Ballards is dead.

GTM ran Ballards printing biz out a long time ago. it was doomed from that point on.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2013, 01:33:30 PM »
Always use to get my new shoes for school at ballards dog days of summer side walk sale :frown:
I'm purple down

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2013, 02:02:15 PM »

GTM ran Ballards printing biz out a long time ago. it was doomed from that point on.

Fine by me, I already hated GTM.

FYGTM!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2014, 05:56:15 PM »

Huh.  I'll tell you something that we never saw...we never once saw "free John's Spicy Shrimp for students."  Makes you think, doesn't it?

:don'tcare:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2014, 06:16:05 PM »
Oh c'mon, Pete.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 09, 2014, 01:16:52 PM »
the new hut seemed pretty great yesterday, i think it's going to be fine

their new john's spicy is rough ridin' weird though. the tiger wings were still #nails so that's good.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 09, 2014, 01:40:30 PM »
the new hut seemed pretty great yesterday, i think it's going to be fine

their new john's spicy is rough ridin' weird though. the tiger wings were still #nails so that's good.
The shot of milk they serve with it was lol,told the waitress I needed a take home cup for it,she thought I was serious

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 09, 2014, 01:42:24 PM »
they didn't bring me any milk but i was drinking dark and stormys so wtf ever

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.