Author Topic: Who's ready for a breakout season in 2013-14?  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Who's ready for a breakout season in 2013-14?
« on: May 16, 2013, 04:38:19 PM »
From CBS: Who's ready for a breakout season in 2013-14?
Shane Southwell, 6-6, G, Kansas State -- Southwell changed K-State for the better when he moved to the power forward spot; now he will have to carry the 'Cats on offense. KSU will press and have to ramp up the tempo with their losses to graduation and transfer, and expect Southwell to be the guy on offense.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22256489/whos-ready-for-a-breakout-season-in-201314

It is going to be fun to have a team the presses and that plays fast. This is why Weber is recruiting a guard heavy team.   

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Who's ready for a breakout season in 2013-14?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 04:43:07 PM »

I'm ready to watch a breakout season in 2013-14!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 04:48:04 PM by Ghost of Stan Parrish »
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 04:52:12 PM »
Shane Southwell, 6-6, G, Kansas State -- Southwell changed K-State for the better when he moved to the power forward spot; now he will have to carry the 'Cats on offense. KSU will press and have to ramp up the tempo with their losses to graduation and transfer, and expect Southwell to be the guy on offense.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22256489/whos-ready-for-a-breakout-season-in-201314

It is going to be fun to have a team the presses and that plays fast. This is why Weber is recruiting a guard heavy team.

Good thing we have all that length and experienced ball handling to aid in the process.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 05:07:22 PM »

Gottlieb is intentionally being a dumbass, but I don't understand why.  I don't see the angle.  He knows oscar Weber doesn't press.  oscar only considers a little press action if the game is already out of reach for his squad.  Same with the up tempo bullshit.  The lower oscar's talent level, the more he takes the air out of the ball.  Doug really showing his ass on this one.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 11:52:49 PM »

Doug is just as heartbroken as many of the K-State b ball faithful over this one.  He is just trying to be nice and not crush our spirits before Marshall Henderson and 12 other teams beat us this year and we don't go to the tournament.

Let's count the losses. 

KU  2
OSU 2
Ole Miss  probably 1
Iowa State 2
OU             1
West Virginia  1
Some preseason tournament  1
baylor                       1
preseason bull crap   2

Thankfully the Big 12 is still down otherwise it would be worse.
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 11:56:25 PM »

Doug is just as heartbroken as many of the K-State b ball faithful over this one.  He is just trying to be nice and not crush our spirits before Marshall Henderson and 12 other teams beat us this year and we don't go to the tournament.

Let's count the losses. 

KU  2
OSU 2
Ole Miss  probably 1
Iowa State 2
OU             1
West Virginia  1
Some preseason tournament  1
baylor                       1
preseason bull crap   2

Thankfully the Big 12 is still down otherwise it would be worse.
:facepalm:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 12:00:22 AM »
This is oscar's rebuilding year.  He's excused for having a down year.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 12:10:55 AM »
This is oscar's rebuilding year.  He's excused for having a down year.

1) We get to see what oscar really wants to run at K-state... I don't think it is similar to what he ran at Illinois.

2) I think rebuilding years should be judged the hardest.. is their a good foundation for the program.. Is their enough potential to win big in the next couple years.

3) Recruiting is really big next year too, first year after being settled.   

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 04:16:46 AM »
oscar created a self-inflicted rebuilding year due to his shitty recruiting and the transfers that had zero interest playing for him.

The important thing is that we ultimately absolve him of this responsibility and perpetually give him all the time he needs and deserves.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 07:08:55 AM »
 I saw an article where oscar talked about playing Shane at the point.  Crazy to think he could go from power forward one year to point the next.  He might be the best point on the roster heck he's probably the best 1,2,3 and 4 man on the roster.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 07:10:55 AM »
I saw an article where oscar talked about playing Shane at the point.  Crazy to think he could go from power forward one year to point the next.  He might be the best point on the roster heck he's probably the best 1,2,3 and 4 man on the roster.

The only thing crazy is that oscar would actually make a statement that insanely Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) out loud, much less to a newspaper reporter.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 07:16:42 AM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 07:21:50 AM »
I'm ready!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 07:23:29 AM »
Sign me up for some point guard shane
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best