Author Topic: games you invented as a kid that are still fun to play  (Read 715 times)

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
games you invented as a kid that are still fun to play
« on: May 10, 2013, 02:40:28 PM »
"3 over, 3 under."

What you need: Putter and golf ball.
How many players?: Two or more.
Where to play: Practice putting green (any golf course).
In a nutshell: It's a heads-up putting contest. You against your opponent. Every hole is a par 2. The game is decided when someone either shoots 3-under or 3-over par.
Rules you should know: Every hole should be at least 25 feet. Whoever has honors chooses the next hole. To decide initial honors, flip a coin.
Play for money? Obviously.
Strategy tidbit: If your opponent is 2-over, and you have a one-shot advantage with honors, choose the hardest possible putt available on the green.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
Re: games you invented as a kid that are still fun to play
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 02:47:29 PM »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 02:48:46 PM »
War Ball

What you need: one standard size dodge ball
Where to play: outdoors or in a gymnasium
How many players: two or more, though more is better and two is pretty lame
In a nutshell: The game plays sort of similar to dodgeball in that there are two teams and you basically throw the ball at members of the other team. There are no boundary lines, though, and you aren't allowed to catch the ball. If the ball hits you on any limb, including hips and shoulders, you lose the ability to move that limb for the rest of the game. So if I get hit on the right arm, I only get to use my left arm for the rest of the game, and if I get hit on both arms, I have to kick the ball instead of throwing it. Same thing with legs. Getting hit on both legs means you have to pull yourself around with your arms. Rolling is also allowed. You are in the game until somebody pegs you on the head. Getting hit on the torso is safe, but if the ball bounces into your head or any limb, that counts as a hit. You play until every member of one of the teams has been pegged on the head.
Play for money? Only if you want the game to be super fun.
Strategy tidbit: Always try to dodge with your left side facing the ball, assuming you are right-handed. This way, if you get hit, it will probably be on the left arm, which you don't really need to use that much anyway.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »
"don't let the balloon hit the ground or you all die"

What you need: balloon
How many players?: One or more.
Where to play: Wherever mom won't yell at you.
In a nutshell: It's a heads-up volleyball contest. The balloon can land on all things, minus the ground. If it hits the ground, YOU DIE!
Rules you should know: You'll be really good if you don't let the balloon touch the ground.
Strategy tidbit: Don't let the balloon touch the ground or you'll die.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 02:53:46 PM »
"don't let the balloon hit the ground or you all die"

What you need: balloon
How many players?: One or more.
Where to play: Wherever mom won't yell at you.
In a nutshell: It's a heads-up volleyball contest. The balloon can land on all things, minus the ground. If it hits the ground, YOU DIE!
Rules you should know: You'll be really good if you don't let the balloon touch the ground.
Strategy tidbit: Don't let the balloon touch the ground or you'll die.

:lol: oh man this was one of my faves
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 03:11:55 PM »
"LOST"

What you need: A car, a driver, and a few friends.
What you can't have: A cell phone.
How many players?: One.
Where to play: In another town.
In a nutshell: Friends blind fold you, then drop you off somewhere unfamiliar. You must find your way back from where you started.
Rules you should know: You can't be dropped off more than five miles from where you started. Also, you must be buzzed (not drunk), that way the walk (or run, if you choose) is uncomfortable. You can't ask anyone for help. If you're caught doing so, you lose and must pay double the prize money...
Play for money?: Yes! Of course! Prize money should be at least $100.
Strategy tidbit: When being dropped off, roll down the car window and listen for familiar sounds (train, church bells, etc.) that might help you find your way back.
Strategy tidbit #2: Play if visiting any town in Kansas not named Wichita. 
Strategy tidbit #3: Don't play if vacationing in East St. Louis.
When does the game end? When the person finds his/her way back, or when three hours has passed, whichever comes first.
What happens if you don't find your way back? You're LOST!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:15:12 PM by j rake »

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 03:13:54 PM »
"Hit the ball game"

What you need: Comically sized bounce-capable ball from your local megastore.
How many players?: Two teams, generally 2 or 3 ea. at a min
Where to play: Vacant tennis court
In a nutshell: Volleyball/tennis hybrid, ball can bounce once on opposing teams court, within the doubles lines, before returning, can daisy chain between teammates
Rules you should know: Losing team has to play as "skins" next game, teenage males come up with great rules
Play for money? Never.
Strategy tidbit: Takes little to no actual athletic ability to participate.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 03:29:00 PM »
Me and my bro's actually invented a game when we were in nashville for a bachelor party last month, we ended up playing it for 3 hours.

"Nature Ballz"

What you need: 2 footballs, 10 tennis balls, 1 trash can, 2 golf clubs(a stick would work too).
How many players?: At least 5 on each side, optimal number is around 8.
Where to play: Any open Field. Place Trash can in the middle of the field, each team cannot cross the trash can and go on the other teams side. Place golf clubs or sticks 20 feet on each side of trash can.
In a nutshell: Combination of Throw a football in the trash can from behind the clubs and dodgeball with tennis balls. Each time you make the football in the trash can you score 5 pts, each time you hit an opposing player with a tennis ball you score 1 pt. Play to a total of 69 points.
Rules you should know: Every player must have an open beer in their hand at all times. If your team makes the football in the trash can the opposing team has to take a knee and chug their beer while you un-mercifully mock them and fake air hump next to their heads. If you hit an opposing player with a tennis ball they have to take a drink of their beer.
Play for money? Just for fun  :D
Strategy tidbit: If you can control all of the tennis balls you will be able to post up by the trashcan and catch any bad football throws before they cross onto the opponents side. To keep the game flowing I recommend a 1 minute shot clock for each person holding a tennis ball.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 03:46:49 PM »
"GHETTO PUSSY BALL"

What you need: Basketball
How many players?: About 4 or 5 people, no teams
Where to play: Basketball court, preferably inside
In a nutshell: Very similar to a game of "21" in pick-up basketball except if you are not in the lane you are fair game for pretty much anything. If you are jumping into the lane you may not be contacted, much like "Slamball" (greatest game ever invented). Play with no shirts on to allow for full slapping during jump shots. Only 1 v 1 combat allowed at a time unless you are beyond the 3 point arc.
Rules you should know: If you fall to the ground at any point in time, you go back to 0.
Play for money? Never.
Strategy tidbit: You may shoot unlimited free throws, so take your hits, get in the lane, and then make 19 straight free throws because this game is painful.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.