Author Topic: Benghazi Hearing  (Read 27406 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Benghazi Hearing
« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2014, 06:18:50 PM »
Benghazi is a fun word to say. Ben-ga-ZI. Ben-GA-zi. BENGA-zi.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2014, 06:46:09 PM »
is the media's job to ask the same question over and over for 8 minutes? If so, well done.

Depends on if you get a relevant answer or not. I must admit that Carney is a true pro at deflection.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2014, 09:08:35 PM »
B.O.,Hillary, et al. get caught lying in their cover up operation and the goE libtards race to deflect and discredit those asking the questions. Pathetic.

The media should still be there asking these questions until an actual answer is given.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 01, 2014, 08:06:44 AM »
Cong. Tim Huelskamp ?@CongHuelskamp  17h
Listening to former VP Cheney talk about dangers of Obama foreign policy #fiascos

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 01, 2014, 10:12:29 AM »
B.O.,Hillary, et al. get caught lying in their cover up operation and the goE libtards race to deflect and discredit those asking the questions. Pathetic.

The media should still be there asking these questions until an actual answer is given.

Most of the media will provide dutiful coverage for a day or two, then quickly move on to less embarrassing topics. They won't bang the drum like they would if it was a republican admin. Just too biased. Any one of Obama's scandals (fast&furious, irs targeting, Benghazi coverup, nakedly political closing of monuments and scenic overlooks during budget battle, just to name a few) would have caused far greater damage if the MSM had applied the same level of persistence and skepticism that it applies to Republicans.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 01, 2014, 10:14:26 AM »

Most of the media will provide dutiful coverage for a day or two, then quickly move on to less embarrassing topics. They won't bang the drum like they would if it was a republican admin. Just too biased. Any one of Obama's scandals (fast&furious, irs targeting, Benghazi coverup, nakedly political closing of monuments and scenic overlooks during budget battle, just to name a few) would have caused far greater damage if the MSM had applied the same level of persistence and skepticism that it applies to Republicans.

Do you have an example of a republican scandal that the media really just showed a ton of persistence and skepticism toward?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 01, 2014, 10:27:25 AM »

Do you have an example of a republican scandal that the media really just showed a ton of persistence and skepticism toward?

Are you serious? How about Abu Graib (sp) and Gitmo for starters. Non stop for months. I think there was some mention of Abu Graib on front cover if NYT for something like a month straight. And that's just off the top of my head.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 01, 2014, 10:28:45 AM »
Also, the Bush "attorney general scandal". Media ran with it for over a month. Again, just off top of my head.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 01, 2014, 10:31:03 AM »

Are you serious? How about Abu Graib (sp) and Gitmo for starters. Non stop for months. I think there was some mention of Abu Graib on front cover if NYT for something like a month straight. And that's just off the top of my head.

The media has been covering the IRS scandal for a whole year now. Also, Abu Graib was not a republican scandal.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 01, 2014, 10:32:17 AM »
Chris Christie's Bridgegate compared to the IRS targeting being uncovered at the same time.

You can't seriously be suggesting there's an even standard applied by the MSM.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 01, 2014, 10:33:11 AM »
Chris Christie's Bridgegate compared to the IRS targeting being uncovered at the same time.

I haven't heard about Chris Christie's bridge since the week it happened.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 01, 2014, 10:35:18 AM »

The media has been covering the IRS scandal for a whole year now. Also, Abu Graib was not a republican scandal.

If you think the media is covering the IRS scandal with same tenacity as if it were a republican admin, I can't help you. And you're right, Abu Ghraib was not a republican scandal, but tell that to the NYT and other media outlets which repeatedly linked it to Bush. You've gotta be kidding me with this crap.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 01, 2014, 10:38:27 AM »

If you think the media is covering the IRS scandal with same tenacity as if it were a republican admin, I can't help you. And you're right, Abu Ghraib was not a republican scandal, but tell that to the NYT and other media outlets which repeatedly linked it to Bush. You've gotta be kidding me with this crap.

Hannity has mentioned the IRS scandal at least 3 times this week. That's pretty impressive coverage, if you ask me.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 01, 2014, 11:32:15 AM »

I haven't heard about Chris Christie's bridge since the week it happened.

You haven't been paying attention.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 01, 2014, 01:33:08 PM »

Hannity has mentioned the IRS scandal at least 3 times this week. That's pretty impressive coverage, if you ask me.

Well there you go. Because there's one cable news network with prime time conservative pundits, that balances everything out.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 01, 2014, 01:35:16 PM »
Does it not? :dunno:

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 01, 2014, 03:02:41 PM »

The only TV news outlets that count in this discussion are ABC, NBC, and CBS.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 01, 2014, 03:06:11 PM »

The only TV news outlets that count in this discussion are ABC, NBC, and CBS.

I don't watch any of those so I really can't comment on them. I usually just stick with CNN/Fox. Sometimes MSNBC if I want to see what the far left has to say about something going on.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 01, 2014, 03:14:12 PM »
as a moderate, I love mocking people who complain about bias in whatever news they watch/listen/read. very similar to the mocking of fanbases complaining about ESPN or whoever having it out for their team.  :love:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 01, 2014, 03:22:37 PM »
Compared to Fox/MSNBC, CNN is straight down the middle. I'm sure ABC, NBC, and CBS are also moderate. Extremists make for much better tv, though, imo. I like watching Hannity and that guy that comes on after Rachel Maddow's show. Ed something.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 01, 2014, 03:49:38 PM »
Compared to Fox/MSNBC, CNN is straight down the middle. I'm sure ABC, NBC, and CBS are also moderate. Extremists make for much better tv, though, imo. I like watching Hannity and that guy that comes on after Rachel Maddow's show. Ed something.

CNN is the best of the cable news, especially Erin Burnett. Maddow and her clone Chris Hayes are hilarious. She spent 2 solid months on bridgegate as her lead story, and nothing has ever come of it.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 01, 2014, 03:53:47 PM »

CNN is the best of the cable news, especially Erin Burnett. Maddow and her clone Chris Hayes are hilarious. She spent 2 solid months on bridgegate as her lead story, and nothing has ever come of it.

I like Ed Schultz. He comes on after Maddow and always has polls on the show and then goes on and on about how the people want whatever liberal issue he is pushing because it's winning the poll with more than 90% of the votes. Maddow is pretty good, too.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 01, 2014, 04:02:38 PM »
Maddow is amazing.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 01, 2014, 04:19:21 PM »

I like Ed Schultz. He comes on after Maddow and always has polls on the show and then goes on and on about how the people want whatever liberal issue he is pushing because it's winning the poll with more than 90% of the votes. Maddow is pretty good, too.

I thought he was relegated to saturday nights for some hate speech against republicans or war on women or something.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 01, 2014, 04:20:00 PM »

I thought he was relegated to saturday nights for some hate speech against republicans or war on women or something.

I don't know. I don't tune in very often. It wouldn't be surprising.