Author Topic: Benghazi Hearing  (Read 27282 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Benghazi Hearing
« Reply #275 on: May 05, 2014, 12:50:55 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 05, 2014, 12:53:53 PM »
And this guy, apparently some sort of Obama security council advisor :lol:, further demonstrates the quality of liberal discourse re Benghazi Vietor: "Dude, that was like two years ago."  :lol:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 05, 2014, 01:07:19 PM »
Meet the press is awful.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 05, 2014, 03:04:42 PM »
Meet the press is awful.

what in the world?

edit: I guess you're not wrong. I forget that I watch it to laugh at everyone who gets brought on.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 05, 2014, 03:50:21 PM »
Meet the press is awful.

what in the world?

edit: I guess you're not wrong. I forget that I watch it to laugh at everyone who gets brought on.

Oh I always try to watch some middle aged to elderly white people arguing with each other every Sunday morning.  David Gregory is just awful at his job and really hard to watch.

Below I will rank:

1.  Fox News Sunday- Chris Wallace's boarding school debate team/editorial board smirk is well worth the price of admission.  It is a great bookend to George Will's serious Millhouse face.  But the whole panel rotation is pretty great: Bill Kristol's sparkly laugh and smile, Mara Liasson's terrifying glare, Dana Perino's helpful hints.  I also like exasperated Juan Williams.  I really miss Fred Barnes excited hand gestures and Mort Kondrake's "isn't he an upper plains Democrat?" demeanor on Sundays and I don't much care for grumpy Brit Hume or angry Laura Ingraham. 

2.  This Week- I don't like George Stephanopolous much.  He seems like he is struggling to understand things while controlling diarrhea or passing a stone when he is trying to project seriousness.  He also is awkward when he tries to have fun or listens to whatever funny Jay Leno or Jimmy Kimmel made that we are all supposed to chuckle at.  George Will is better in this format because he gets to be exasperated, which he does very well.  He is very good at debating in a panel and it is no wonder he is now a regular on two shows.  Krugman is usually bad in this format because he doesn't really understand how to do talking points and the format does not allow him to talk over people to continue banter or grill someone.  Peggy's crazy pronouncements while closing her eyes and imagining it is the 1980's are really fun.  Cokie Roberts is terrible.  Sam Donaldson is terrible.  Van Jones is terrible.  Mark Halperin is terrible.  Fareed is always unable to engage with people much dumber than him which is the same problem that Christine Amanpour always had.  The main problem with almost all of these characters is they all refuse to say anything interesting.  Apparently Laura Ingraham came on this past Sunday and threw some bombs, but everyone seemed just kind of shocked and didn't really respond.  It is a real shame that Christopher Hitchens never caught on with one of the Sunday shows because he would've been a real treat at opposing all BS and stinking the place up with his lack of couth.

3.  Bob Schieffer - old person.  I almost never watch this.

4.  MSNBC - Up with Steve Kornacki is terrible.

5.  David Gregory is awful.  His weird head bobble, his terrible questions filled with unstated assumptions, his relentless smiling, his inexplicable haircut.  He is the worst.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 05, 2014, 03:57:55 PM »
KK, have you read "This Town"? I think you'd enjoy it.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 05, 2014, 04:22:03 PM »
KK, have you read "This Town"? I think you'd enjoy it.

I have not.  I am currently on a leave from long reads.  But that might be a good summer read.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 05, 2014, 04:29:50 PM »
No, Fox manages to be the most watched cable news network without being mainstream at the same time.

The only reason fox news is #1 is because there is no competition.

When CNN was a distant third in the cable news wars, they decided to try an get some of fox's viewers by becoming more centered in their reporting, and it worked. Now they at least battle for last with MSNBC even though the 2 combined have about half of what fox has.

If the two other outlets combine for 33% of the 24 hour news media, I also think the MSM butthurt needs to stop.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 05, 2014, 04:49:58 PM »
No, Fox manages to be the most watched cable news network without being mainstream at the same time.

When CNN was a distant third in the cable news wars, they decided to try an get some of fox's viewers by becoming more centered in their reporting, and it worked. Now they at least battle for last with MSNBC even though the 2 combined have about half of what fox has.

If the two other outlets combine for 33% of the 24 hour news media, I also think the MSM butthurt needs to stop.

Considering fox news has about 2 million viewers and the 3 major broadcast evening network news shows have about 21 million viewers, the butthurt will probably continue. Sad that Obama keeps harping on poor little Fox news when he owns the rest.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 05, 2014, 08:52:29 PM »
@Kat Kid- I've only ever watched David and George's programs, and my own opinion is that George is much worse at his job than David is (I don't think David is very good). Maybe I should broaden my horizons and watch some other old white people arguing on Sunday morning shows, but one of my favorite things to do while hungover on a Sunday morning is ponder why David Gregory's eyebrows are a different color than the hair on his head. I've tweeted this question at him at least twice and have never received a response.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #285 on: May 05, 2014, 11:02:02 PM »
If Kat Kat and his pals got angered up and decided to storm NBC (Rockefeller Center?) to murder David and his staff, and then burn the building down, would goE try to cover it up by blaming it on a Sugar Dick blot post?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 06, 2014, 07:24:58 AM »
Meet the press is awful.

what in the world?

Oh I always try to watch some middle aged to elderly white people arguing with each other every Sunday morning.  David Gregory is just awful at his job and really hard to watch.

Below I will rank:

1.  Fox News Sunday- Chris Wallace's boarding school debate team/editorial board smirk is well worth the price of admission.  It is a great bookend to George Will's serious Millhouse face.  But the whole panel rotation is pretty great: Bill Kristol's sparkly laugh and smile, Mara Liasson's terrifying glare, Dana Perino's helpful hints.  I also like exasperated Juan Williams.  I really miss Fred Barnes excited hand gestures and Mort Kondrake's "isn't he an upper plains Democrat?" demeanor on Sundays and I don't much care for grumpy Brit Hume or angry Laura Ingraham. 

2.  This Week- I don't like George Stephanopolous much.  He seems like he is struggling to understand things while controlling diarrhea or passing a stone when he is trying to project seriousness.  He also is awkward when he tries to have fun or listens to whatever funny Jay Leno or Jimmy Kimmel made that we are all supposed to chuckle at.  George Will is better in this format because he gets to be exasperated, which he does very well.  He is very good at debating in a panel and it is no wonder he is now a regular on two shows.  Krugman is usually bad in this format because he doesn't really understand how to do talking points and the format does not allow him to talk over people to continue banter or grill someone.  Peggy's crazy pronouncements while closing her eyes and imagining it is the 1980's are really fun.  Cokie Roberts is terrible.  Sam Donaldson is terrible.  Van Jones is terrible.  Mark Halperin is terrible.  Fareed is always unable to engage with people much dumber than him which is the same problem that Christine Amanpour always had.  The main problem with almost all of these characters is they all refuse to say anything interesting.  Apparently Laura Ingraham came on this past Sunday and threw some bombs, but everyone seemed just kind of shocked and didn't really respond.  It is a real shame that Christopher Hitchens never caught on with one of the Sunday shows because he would've been a real treat at opposing all BS and stinking the place up with his lack of couth.

3.  Bob Schieffer - old person.  I almost never watch this.

4.  MSNBC - Up with Steve Kornacki is terrible.

5.  David Gregory is awful.  His weird head bobble, his terrible questions filled with unstated assumptions, his relentless smiling, his inexplicable haircut.  He is the worst.

enjoyed this

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 06, 2014, 09:07:03 AM »

Considering fox news has about 2 million viewers and the 3 major broadcast evening network news shows have about 21 million viewers, the butthurt will probably continue. Sad that Obama keeps harping on poor little Fox news when he owns the rest.

Fox News runs all day every day, though. The 3 major broadcasting networks only air 1 hour per day on weeknights.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 06, 2014, 09:15:46 AM »
i'm pretty glad fox isn't considered msm.  think about if actual media behaved like they do?  naw, i'll stick with the impartials.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 06, 2014, 11:00:51 AM »
i'm pretty glad fox isn't considered msm.  think about if actual media behaved like they do?  naw, i'll stick with the impartials.

Just as you think the MSM is impartial, the far right thinks Fox is impartial. Moderates are the only ones that see they all are partisan.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 06, 2014, 11:08:29 AM »

Just as you think the MSM is impartial, the far right thinks Fox is impartial. Moderates are the only ones that see they all are partisan.

I don't think the intelligent far right think fox is impartial.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 06, 2014, 11:09:55 AM »
Everyone has biases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 06, 2014, 11:28:43 AM »

I don't think the intelligent far right think fox is impartial.

Any stance with "far" in front of it is not intelligent.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 06, 2014, 12:18:52 PM »
The problem with a biased MSM is that it gives Dems a pronounced advantage among low information voters. The vast majority of folks who bother to watch cable news have already made up their minds, and are relatively well informed (at least as compared to the folks who get their news predominately from E!).

The persuadable low information voters are who the parties are gunning for, and these people just don't pay much attention to news. They get their news in dribs and drabs - a snippet from the morning shows, entertainment/gossip/reality shows, the occasional newspaper or magazine front page sitting in the hotel, restaurant, or waiting room. These media are dominated by liberals. Maybe they'll tune in to one or two of the presidential debates, moderated by - you guessed it - liberals. In the second debate, for example, between Romney and Obama, Candy Crowley did Romney a severe disservice by "fact checking" one of his statements about Benghazi - a statement that was true. Crowley acknowledged her mistake the next day, but the damage was done.

So while FoxNews and talk radio provide nice alternatives for conservatives, they don't have much effect in persuading the low information voters. Fox's biggest impact is occasionally shaming the other networks into providing more coverage of stories they would rather ignore. Stories like Benghazi and the Goznell serial killer abortionist, for example.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:22:38 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 06, 2014, 12:53:44 PM »
Everyone has biases.

Yes, but the networks now have agendas, and they all happen to be working for the left. News reporting has become indistinguishable from commentary.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 06, 2014, 01:03:27 PM »
The problem with a biased MSM is that it gives Dems a pronounced advantage among low information voters. The vast majority of folks who bother to watch cable news have already made up their minds, and are relatively well informed (at least as compared to the folks who get their news predominately from E!).

The persuadable low information voters are who the parties are gunning for, and these people just don't pay much attention to news. They get their news in dribs and drabs - a snippet from the morning shows, entertainment/gossip/reality shows, the occasional newspaper or magazine front page sitting in the hotel, restaurant, or waiting room. These media are dominated by liberals. Maybe they'll tune in to one or two of the presidential debates, moderated by - you guessed it - liberals. In the second debate, for example, between Romney and Obama, Candy Crowley did Romney a severe disservice by "fact checking" one of his statements about Benghazi - a statement that was true. Crowley acknowledged her mistake the next day, but the damage was done.

So while FoxNews and talk radio provide nice alternatives for conservatives, they don't have much effect in persuading the low information voters. Fox's biggest impact is occasionally shaming the other networks into providing more coverage of stories they would rather ignore. Stories like Benghazi and the Goznell serial killer abortionist, for example.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

http://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5?utm_source=slate&utm_medium=referral&utm_term=partner#!JEFNn
:dance:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 06, 2014, 01:25:16 PM »

No, they haven't made up their minds. That is why they need Hannity/O'Reilly/Maddow, etc. to tell them what to think about current events.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2014, 01:36:33 PM »
Fox News is biased right.   MSNBC might as well broadcast from the DNC headquarters.

Just got reminded of a story the other day.  Late WHPS Tony Snow busted David Gregory in a daily briefing.   Gregory was reading his questions from a DNC talking points one pager, and Snow called him on it by pulling out a copy and reading the exact same questions off of it.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 06, 2014, 01:40:45 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5?utm_source=slate&utm_medium=referral&utm_term=partner#!JEFNn
that is self-selecting. a lot of out of touch senior citizens watch fox news. you can look at a list of the groups that sponsor npr and tell that it is society's elite.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 06, 2014, 01:41:19 PM »
Just admit it resident progressive liberals.  Had Benghazi occurred under the watch of a Republican administration, your reps in Congress would have already been moving stridently down the path of impeachment.   The CIA weapons running and recruitment of "freedom righters" aka terrorists in the region by the CIA would have already been exposed and hearings would already have been under way to reel the CIA back in and loop off a whole bunch of heads in the process.

In fact, the whole overthrow of Qhadaffi would have elicited a list of hearings before various committees that would have gone on for weeks/months.