Author Topic: Worst thread on the board  (Read 5402 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Worst thread on the board
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2013, 04:21:09 PM »
The music thread is pretty damn boring.  Like nothing is ever going on in there.  "oh hey guys, check this dude Har Mar Superstar he's a fat balding pud who twirls around and nobody likes him so he's obviously very good and cool and worth watching!"  No.  Bullshit.

Nailed it.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2013, 04:36:25 PM »
The music thread is pretty damn boring.  Like nothing is ever going on in there.  "oh hey guys, check this dude Har Mar Superstar he's a fat balding pud who twirls around and nobody likes him so he's obviously very good and cool and worth watching!"  No.  Bullshit.

Nailed it.

everyone is just name dropping that one time when they saw nappy roots play at that ski bar in winter park on a sunday afternoon

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2013, 04:38:58 PM »
lol @ poors who don't have the proper resources to view the gif thread.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2013, 04:40:39 PM »
I rough ridin' hate the Wonder Years.  A lot.  There isn't anything funny about.  It is crap.  I feel very strongly about it for whatever reason.

man. i'd hate to be the guy in charge of interpreting your rorschach test results. overtime plus hazard pay is what i'm saying.

Sure, but I still don't believe certain people really like the Wonder Years.  It's just a thing people say because they think it's cool to like something that so obviously sucks.  Like when Rusty posts about how great Har Mar Superstar is.  It's like a hipster thing to do maybe.  I'm not saying you and DLouis are doing this, but I can't rule it out. 

his album is really good!

http://www.kcrw.com/media-player/mediaPlayer2.html?type=audio&id=ap130422har_mar_superstar_by

what kind of music do you like, Mr. Bread?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2013, 04:43:52 PM »

Also not understanding their problem, my tablet doesn't even have problems with that thread.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2013, 04:44:38 PM »
I think we all know what this thread is really about: MichCat's butthurt over Zach Braff's kickstarter campaign AND his desire to start a new rivalry with MIR.

2 birds, 1 stone.

:users:

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2013, 04:47:01 PM »
Also, to answer the question, it's currently the "2016 Recruiting Thread."

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2013, 04:51:51 PM »
Also, music thread haters, how could it be better? More "mainstream" discussion? More hip-hop? Is EDM popular now, is that what you want? Make me a better poster.

youre a fine poster now, mich. your master music thread just isnt for me. kinda how the master dating thread isnt for anyone now that wackycat went into depression and swore off women.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2013, 04:52:49 PM »
Also, music thread haters, how could it be better? More "mainstream" discussion? More hip-hop? Is EDM popular now, is that what you want? Make me a better poster.

youre a fine poster now, mich. your master music thread just isnt for me. kinda how the master dating thread isnt for anyone now that wackycat went into depression and swore off women.

that doesn't mean it's the worst thread, and this is the worst thread thread, not the thread that doesn't do it for me thread.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2013, 04:54:14 PM »

Will I get PI'd if I discuss EDM in the thread? Not the stupid crap like Skrillex either, the good stuff  :thumbsup:

no

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2013, 04:56:10 PM »

that doesn't mean it's the worst thread, and this is the worst thread thread, not the thread that doesn't do it for me thread.

don't know if i have an opinion on worst thread or what. there are threads i read and threads i dont read. if they are bad threads or dont interest me i just dont read them...

top 3 combofanning threads i dont ever read:

-michigancat music thread (just dont really listen to non-mainstream music, i know  :shakesfist:)

:D look what i said! lets go back to being friends!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2013, 04:59:23 PM »
Sure, but I still don't believe certain people really like the Wonder Years.  It's just a thing people say because they think it's cool to like something that so obviously sucks. 

this won't surprise anyone, least of all sys, but the wonder years is maybe my favorite show of all time. i ordered netflix a few months ago just so i could watch it, and i breezed through a couple seasons in almost a week.

it is basically a show about my childhood. it's probably a show about your childhood, too.

it's great. love it. there are at least a dozen episodes that can move me to tears.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2013, 05:23:36 PM »
Sure, but I still don't believe certain people really like the Wonder Years.  It's just a thing people say because they think it's cool to like something that so obviously sucks. 

it is basically a show about my childhood. it's probably a show about your childhood, too.

Very little of what happened in my childhood mirrors what I've seen of Kevin Arnold's wonder years.  I can't relate to Kevin much at all and always found him off-putting.  Such a whiny little drama queen.  A pussy. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2013, 05:29:27 PM »

Best thread ever. Not even close.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2013, 05:42:46 PM »
I rough ridin' hate the Wonder Years.  A lot.  There isn't anything funny about.  It is crap.  I feel very strongly about it for whatever reason.

man. i'd hate to be the guy in charge of interpreting your rorschach test results. overtime plus hazard pay is what i'm saying.

Sure, but I still don't believe certain people really like the Wonder Years.  It's just a thing people say because they think it's cool to like something that so obviously sucks.  Like when Rusty posts about how great Har Mar Superstar is.  It's like a hipster thing to do maybe.  I'm not saying you and DLouis are doing this, but I can't rule it out. 

http://www.kcrw.com/media-player/mediaPlayer2.html?type=audio&id=ap130422har_mar_superstar_by

I listened to some of his stuff on youtube and I thought the back the camel up song was good.  Other than that most of it didn't do much for me.  Part of it with him is he's always trying so damn hard to be gross.  Like I get it you're fat and unattractive, but you're embracing and celebrating it, but Jesus Christ enough already.  It's just tiresome.  He never seems to just rough ridin' let it be for a bit.  It really takes away from whatever musical talent he might have.  He's always up his own ass with how unattractive he wants to be. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2013, 05:44:57 PM »

I listened to some of his stuff on youtube and I thought the back the camel up song was good.  Other than that most of it didn't do much for me.  Part of it with him is he's always trying so damn hard to be gross.  Like I get it you're fat and unattractive, but you're embracing and celebrating it, but Jesus Christ enough already.  It's just tiresome.  He never seems to just rough ridin' let it be for a bit.  It really takes away from whatever musical talent he might have.  He's always up his own ass with how unattractive he wants to be. 

way to rough ridin' completely ignore my post, TOAST

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2013, 05:50:59 PM »
I thought we were partly talking about how you like Har Mar Superstar and I don't.  I don't seek out music Rusty, I can't give you anything there.  It's just not a part of my existence that I put any effort into.  Like if I hear something I like I get down with it, but I'm not out there searching for more crap I might like.  I am lazy in that regard.  Like I heard a Muse song the other day that I thought was pretty rough ridin' good, but I don't even know if it's new.  I liked Nirvana and NIN back in the day.  LCD Sound System once.  Um, the Pixies also.  I liked one of the Breeders songs as a Pixies off shoot.  I hate country and classical.  Alternative Rock is my thing I suppose if you had to categorize it.  Better?  Yeah.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2013, 05:52:28 PM »
I thought we were partly talking about how you like Har Mar Superstar and I don't.  I don't seek out music Rusty, I can't give you anything there.  It's just not a part of my existence that I put any effort into.  Like if I hear something I like I get down with it, but I'm not out there searching for more crap I might like.  I am lazy in that regard.  Like I heard a Muse song the other day that I thought was pretty rough ridin' good, but I don't even know if it's new.  I liked Nirvana and NIN back in the day.  LCD Sound System once.  Um, the Pixies also.  I liked one of the Breeders songs as a Pixies off shoot.  I hate country and classical.  Alternative Rock is my thing I suppose if you had to categorize it.  Better?  Yeah.

do you like anything but illini sports? also stay the eff out of my music thread and keep its name outcha mouth.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2013, 05:53:23 PM »
Scrubs is significantly better than Wonder Years, and I like both a lot.

Also, michigancat's music thread is the worst. Buncha hipsters trying to be the first to post about a new band/artist. I'll just go listen to a conversation in a local coffee shop if I want to be subjected to that.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2013, 05:54:42 PM »

do you like anything but illini sports? also stay the eff out of my music thread and keep its name outcha mouth.

I like it better when you're smart. 

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2013, 05:56:07 PM »
Scrubs is significantly better than Wonder Years, and I like both a lot.

Also, michigancat's music thread is the worst. Buncha hipsters trying to be the first to post about a new band/artist. I'll just go listen to a conversation in a local coffee shop if I want to be subjected to that.

you probably just don't get it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2013, 05:56:39 PM »

I like it better when you're smart. 

you would

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2013, 05:57:47 PM »
BREAKING: RIVALRY IN PROGRESS

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2013, 06:19:50 PM »
I hate the recruiting threads.  just random basketball players that I don't care about, and EVERY once in a while someone I do care about.  there's like 500 kids mentioned for every 1 we might actually have a chance at.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2013, 06:21:53 PM »
I hate the recruiting threads.  just random basketball players that I don't care about, and EVERY once in a while someone I do care about.  there's like 500 kids mentioned for every 1 we might actually have a chance at.

that's kind of how recruiting works, bud