Author Topic: My son Will  (Read 6275 times)

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: My son Will
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2013, 10:44:05 AM »
to be fair, Shannon, if you were looking for it you could find colin klein and jordy nelson haters here too.
It's because they are white too.

Same reason we liked Martin better then Weber.  Martin was just less white then Weber. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2013, 10:44:14 AM »
I do wonder, if this had been a real post, what kind of dialogue a parent would hope for?  Are they really going to answer questions open and honestly enough to change a boards opinion?

interestingly, shannon did post on ksufans when we got a commit from Will. he didn't say he was his dad or had any connection to him though. he just said he thought he had better ability than people were giving him credit for. most of the posters were actually making fun of him for being an awkward white kid. shannon didn't post anything very controversial or anything.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2013, 10:44:30 AM »
Shannon, just so you are aware. People are referring you to as a "sock" because they think you are not really you. They think that somebody else has made a "sock puppet" on this blog and are just pretending to be you. For the record, I believe it really is you, and I am truly disappointed that your son has not made the improvements that most players make from their freshman to their junior year. I also think you have behaved like a dumbass in far more public places than a blog like goEMAW.com.

:crossfingers:

please really be Shannon!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2013, 10:45:36 AM »
Should we discuss the diff btwn hating will and hating that he is a starter for our BB team?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2013, 10:47:42 AM »
I do wonder, if this had been a real post, what kind of dialogue a parent would hope for?  Are they really going to answer questions open and honestly enough to change a boards opinion?

interestingly, shannon did post on ksufans when we got a commit from Will. he didn't say he was his dad or had any connection to him though. he just said he thought he had better ability than people were giving him credit for. most of the posters were actually making fun of him for being an awkward white kid. shannon didn't post anything very controversial or anything.
interesting, the old board seemed to have a pretty good number of parents stop in, especially during the recruiting stage. 

Even with some of the other fly by stops, parents seemed to take an odd defensive attitude.  Instead of explaining the situation or what their kid had to offer it was always oddly defensive.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2013, 10:48:40 AM »

very few parents will come on and start a topic, they usually respond to an existing thread - food for thought for the next sock

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2013, 10:49:10 AM »

interesting, the old board seemed to have a pretty good number of parents stop in, especially during the recruiting stage. 

Even with some of the other fly by stops, parents seemed to take an odd defensive attitude.  Instead of explaining the situation or what their kid had to offer it was always oddly defensive.

I think that is just the nature of parents when talking about their kids. 

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2013, 10:49:39 AM »

when do we get the "outing" of this sock's owner?

Offline ShannonSprads

• UR DUDZ HAVE BEEN SUDZ
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2013, 10:52:14 AM »
I apoligize for cursing. Or coming off as defensive. Look, I just know that blood and sweat Will gives for KSU hoops. He works his tail off. He cares about K-State.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2013, 10:56:44 AM »

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2013, 11:02:42 AM »
We don't hate will because he's white, wills white because we hate him

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2013, 11:06:44 AM »
I apoligize for cursing. Or coming off as defensive. Look, I just know that blood and sweat Will gives for KSU hoops. He works his tail off. He cares about K-State.
So does the guy at the end of the bench, but you don't see him playing or us criticizing him. Will is going to play the third most minutes at K-State ever. Given that, his production is abysmal and people are pissed.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2013, 11:09:43 AM »
Ironic that you named your son Will when he has none. Is it like calling a fat guy "Slim?"

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2013, 11:11:03 AM »
Hey Shannon - remember when Frank called Will a mother trucking cork soaker for missing that free throw in Columbia?  That was so mean.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2013, 11:46:15 AM »

Apology not accepted.......

As parents, we are role models for our kids, and cussing does not set a good example for our children....

Only a few times would it be considered "ok" to let the "F" word slip in front of our kids....

One:  when you are working on a project around the house, and nothing is going as planned, and you finally get frustrated, and just let out the "F" word, w/ your son/daughter next too you....

Two:  when you are walking through the house and step on something, in your bare feet, that your kids left on the floor, that would be ok to use the "F" word

Three:  Or, lets say you have a 1 year old Boston Terrier dog, and you have his toy in your hand, and he bites down on the toy, and bites into your hand, then that would be appropriate to use the "F" word, cause let me tell you, that rough ridin' hurts..............

I also do not apologize for thinking you were Will's mom, cause a guy with a name like Shannon, is just, rough ridin' wierd............
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2013, 12:03:39 PM »
And i care about Will. I care about him sooooo much. BUT, if he doesn't get better, I'm going to mush his face.

Ps, can i have his PSN handle?  I'd like to play call of duty with him online.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ShannonSprads

• UR DUDZ HAVE BEEN SUDZ
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2013, 12:39:54 PM »
Hey Shannon - remember when Frank called Will a mother trucking cork soaker for missing that free throw in Columbia?  That was so mean.

Yes, and I spoke with Frank afterwards about that. Words were exchanged.

Offline Areimer13

• Fan
  • EMAWnation
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2013, 12:43:33 PM »
If this sock really was Will's dad then Will should be embarrassed as hell his dad would comment on this board, why because you sir sound like an idiot.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2013, 12:44:10 PM »

Yes, and I spoke with Frank afterwards about that. Words were exchanged.

Maybe you should spend less time on the message boards and more time boarding Will's shots in the practice facility? Some of those ducks he's throwing up don't even have a prayer of going in...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2013, 12:44:55 PM »
 :clac:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2013, 01:56:15 PM »
man, a lot of you are dumbasses. a dissapointing amount.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2013, 03:47:40 PM »
man, a lot of you are dumbasses. a dissapointing amount.
Sometimes you want something to be true so you keep up with the charade.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2013, 04:32:20 PM »
The only dumbasses here are the dumbassess who think someone is dumbass to think this is really Will's dumbass dad.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2013, 05:23:54 PM »
Mr. Sprads, I am a Will supporter and agree 100%.

:thumbs:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
My son Will
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2013, 05:29:29 PM »
I hear the kids at Washburn really appreciate scrappy hard workers and demonstrate empathy towards those affected by the blight of acne.

just food for thought