Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 221365 times)

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #425 on: April 16, 2014, 02:45:57 PM »
This tampering garbage that Currie is leaking out there is white noise that needs to be ignored because at best its hypocrisy.

First of all I'd like to address Currie leaking why they are blocking Romero's transfer, and leave no doubt they are leaking it; mixed-nutz came out and said it before cc hinted at it. I don't care what anyone thinks about Leti and the transfer, what should be disturbing to everyone are the lengths this administration will go to in avoiding any negative consequences of the calculated actions they take. If she was tampered with it only became an issue when they fired her coach and hired Mitte. So then they take some very minor fire and they cya by leaking info about the student before the appeal hearing. I say this in all sincerity, if you don't pause at the way the administration has handled even some of this, I question you as a person because you clearly see these athletes as something less than human.

Now to the tampering and the hypocrisy. They won't release players who have been potentially tampered with but they accept players who have been tampered with. We have to check the time line but I think UMaine announcing the transfer of Edwards was almost simultaneous with the announcement of him coming here. It's nearly impossible to take a transfer these days without taking to the player before he or she is officially released. As meister pointed out we hired Mittie when he was under contract as well. Didn't Weber say he had to re-recruit the players when he took the job? Why didn't he just sit on his couch if the AD is so protective of players during a coaching change?

This is a bad deal no matter what happens or who is at fault. Our athletic department looks petty and inconsistent.

Sorry, most of this is bullshit. K-State isn't avoiding negative consequences -- in case you've missed it, national media members like Jay Bilas have made negative tweets about K-State, and there's really no way to unring that bell. And K-State knows that. My guess is, they will make a statement that says she will transfer and be polite and take the high road, and take the momentary PR hit.

I'm not sure how else K-State could have handled this. As discussed earlier, K-State has had players transfer all the time, and you don't see much controversy about them. There's a big difference here, and it isn't in K-State's conduct -- it's the player.

The tampering isn't another school recruiting her, though that does happen all the time. In Leti's case you have the former staff using her as leverage, and convincing her that making K-State look like the big bad Establishment keeping the player down. I'm not sure that part of it is even that secret, even Fitz has got that part figured out, which should indicate how obvious it is.

And your last point, I repeat -- the non-release isn't about keeping players at the school, it is about making the school is protected from lots of possibilities when they leave.

i'm 100% sure that despite you making a well reasoned post containing very salient points, a certain very identifiable group here are going to ignore it all.  take from my post what you will.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 16, 2014, 02:48:00 PM »
i'm 100% sure that despite you making a well reasoned post containing very salient points, a certain very identifiable group here are going to ignore it all.  take from my post what you will.

Absolutely. A very predictable group.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 16, 2014, 02:50:09 PM »
Is this gal a See You Next Tuesday?  Whats going on here?  Who should I be mad at?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 16, 2014, 02:50:52 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 16, 2014, 02:51:22 PM »
This tampering garbage that Currie is leaking out there is white noise that needs to be ignored because at best its hypocrisy.

First of all I'd like to address Currie leaking why they are blocking Romero's transfer, and leave no doubt they are leaking it; mixed-nutz came out and said it before cc hinted at it. I don't care what anyone thinks about Leti and the transfer, what should be disturbing to everyone are the lengths this administration will go to in avoiding any negative consequences of the calculated actions they take. If she was tampered with it only became an issue when they fired her coach and hired Mitte. So then they take some very minor fire and they cya by leaking info about the student before the appeal hearing. I say this in all sincerity, if you don't pause at the way the administration has handled even some of this, I question you as a person because you clearly see these athletes as something less than human.

Now to the tampering and the hypocrisy. They won't release players who have been potentially tampered with but they accept players who have been tampered with. We have to check the time line but I think UMaine announcing the transfer of Edwards was almost simultaneous with the announcement of him coming here. It's nearly impossible to take a transfer these days without taking to the player before he or she is officially released. As meister pointed out we hired Mittie when he was under contract as well. Didn't Weber say he had to re-recruit the players when he took the job? Why didn't he just sit on his couch if the AD is so protective of players during a coaching change?

This is a bad deal no matter what happens or who is at fault. Our athletic department looks petty and inconsistent.

Sorry, most of this is bullshit. K-State isn't avoiding negative consequences -- in case you've missed it, national media members like Jay Bilas have made negative tweets about K-State, and there's really no way to unring that bell. And K-State knows that. My guess is, they will make a statement that says she will transfer and be polite and take the high road, and take the momentary PR hit.

I'm not sure how else K-State could have handled this. As discussed earlier, K-State has had players transfer all the time, and you don't see much controversy about them. There's a big difference here, and it isn't in K-State's conduct -- it's the player.

The tampering isn't another school recruiting her, though that does happen all the time. In Leti's case you have the former staff using her as leverage, and convincing her that making K-State look like the big bad Establishment keeping the player down. I'm not sure that part of it is even that secret, even Fitz has got that part figured out, which should indicate how obvious it is.

And your last point, I repeat -- the non-release isn't about keeping players at the school, it is about making the school is protected from lots of possibilities when they leave.

If that is indeed correct, that doesn't speak well of the previous staff.  Sure hope it's not the previous leader, who K-State paid millions of dollars to while she mired the program in abject mediocrity, or worse, all the while building her a stately new practice facility (that she could have had sooner were it not for her demands for that facility, which were, in a word, absurd). 

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 16, 2014, 02:55:19 PM »

If that is indeed correct, that doesn't speak well of the previous staff.  Sure hope it's not the previous leader, who K-State paid millions of dollars to while she mired the program in abject mediocrity, or worse, all the while building her a stately new practice facility (that she could have had sooner were it not for her demands for that facility, which were, in a word, absurd).

Some on the previous staff didn't feel the way that Deb situation was handled and how they were told was in an appropriate manner.  My only knowledge is from what they said and I too would be upset if I were them.  That said revenge is for the weak minded so I hope it isn't who I think it is.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 16, 2014, 02:58:04 PM »
Deb sounds diabolical
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 16, 2014, 02:59:39 PM »

Thank you for the clarification cc, I appreciate it. I'll soften my stance a bit, I won't flex on two points though.

-There was no reason to leak info about this situation. Jay Bilas' twitter isn't reason enough to go into cya mode. Yes,I know she spoke first. She is a 19 year old college student, there is no reason to turn a machine against her.
-I don't care about the circumstances of her transfer, they should have let her go. What are they protecting themselves from? Does the athletic department think that whatever is happening behind the scenes with Leti would have become public knowledge and other athletes and athletic departments would conspire to screw K-State when a coach gets fired? From your description, this sounds like a pretty unique circumstance that would have been quiet if they just let her go.

Some of my outrage with this situation is with the system itself. It is gross that scholarships are one year agreements but the athlete doesn't have freedom of movement. I think the movement to pay players is a simple mindset and has severe consequences the advocates don't think about, but things like freedom of movement needs to be addressed. Also the NLOI should be abolished.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 16, 2014, 03:03:48 PM »
Deb sounds diabolical

She is and its great, she behaves like men would in this situation.

Also catz is right, the former staff is pissed about the nature of her firing. Not saying this makes her involvement with Leti right, just showing off the mindset.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 16, 2014, 03:08:33 PM »
anyone find out why her current teammates are pissed off at her so much?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 16, 2014, 03:10:56 PM »
Deb sounds diabolical

She is and its great, she behaves like men would in this situation.

Also catz is right, the former staff is pissed about the nature of her firing. Not saying this makes her involvement with Leti right, just showing off the mindset.

there's very little doubt in my mind that her situation (deb's) wasn't handled as well as it could have been.  and i don't know anything about how it was handled. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 16, 2014, 03:13:25 PM »

Some on the previous staff didn't feel the way that Deb situation was handled and how they were told was in an appropriate manner.  My only knowledge is from what they said and I too would be upset if I were them.  That said revenge is for the weak minded so I hope it isn't who I think it is.

What is the best way to handle firing someone.  Let them dangle for a few days?  Pull them into an HVAC room as the walk off the floor after their final game at the Big 12?  It's never any fun, and it's never really a good time.   You don't do yourself any favors by crapping on the carpet on your way out the door.   

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 16, 2014, 03:21:19 PM »
What is the best way to handle firing someone.  Let them dangle for a few days?  Pull them into an HVAC room as the walk off the floor after their final game at the Big 12?  It's never any fun, and it's never really a good time.   You don't do yourself any favors by crapping on the carpet on your way out the door.   

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 16, 2014, 03:24:49 PM »
Deb should have been fired after the 20 hundred season when she had 3 conference wins.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 16, 2014, 03:25:27 PM »
Thank you for the clarification cc, I appreciate it. I'll soften my stance a bit, I won't flex on two points though.

-There was no reason to leak info about this situation. Jay Bilas' twitter isn't reason enough to go into cya mode. Yes,I know she spoke first. She is a 19 year old college student, there is no reason to turn a machine against her.
-I don't care about the circumstances of her transfer, they should have let her go. What are they protecting themselves from? Does the athletic department think that whatever is happening behind the scenes with Leti would have become public knowledge and other athletes and athletic departments would conspire to screw K-State when a coach gets fired? From your description, this sounds like a pretty unique circumstance that would have been quiet if they just let her go.

Some of my outrage with this situation is with the system itself. It is gross that scholarships are one year agreements but the athlete doesn't have freedom of movement. I think the movement to pay players is a simple mindset and has severe consequences the advocates don't think about, but things like freedom of movement needs to be addressed. Also the NLOI should be abolished.

I very very very much doubt anything was leaked from the AthDept. They have student privacy issues here that makes that a very risky route to take, plus from people I've talked to, the Dept doesn't really think leaking anything would make much of a difference. There was no machine to turn on, no character assassination happening. If you want to blame me, you can do so. I apologize if I came across as attacking her. I meant only that her words were not entirely her words, but rather that of the people in her ear. Again, Fitz knows about the former staff stuff, and he certainly didn't hear it from Currie and company.

Your second point, she will ultimately transfer. They will "let her go" I guess, though again, that's not what the appeals process is about. There are lots of things they need to protect themselves from -- tampering, academic standing, compliance, competitive disadvantage. That's why the appeals process exists, and it's not unique to Leti. And your last sentence on this point is very close to the truth -- if Leti doesn't call up the Mercury and CJ and and say that K-State is "blackmailing" her, then yes she probably would transfer with some restrictions and it would have all happened privately and quietly. Again, the difference here from virtually all other transfers is that Leti is throwing K-State under the bus publicly to theoretically gain an advantage prior to the appeal.

If your anger is about the player/coach NLI system, then I would tend to agree with you. But that is a much larger discussion than this one case.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 16, 2014, 03:26:57 PM »
Deb should have been fired after the 20 hundred season when she had 3 conference wins.

thanks, robert. now take my brat that you rough ridin' stole and get the eff out of my tailgate.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 16, 2014, 03:35:38 PM »
This has been an interesting and informative discussion, and I appreciate the different opinions brought (MIR, CC, _Fan, etc) without getting into a huge, blown out, pissing match.   

#1cat

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 16, 2014, 03:36:09 PM »

I'm not talking about Deb, talking about the rest of the staff.  They weren't fired but also not appreciated for their time and honor at the school.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 16, 2014, 03:38:31 PM »
Who Lehning?  Didn't she have her jersey retired before Beasley/Pullen?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 16, 2014, 03:39:23 PM »
Deciding to burn it down could really sink Leti's chances of a positive outcome, but I'm sure some posters here would love to teach her how to dougie her way out of this by currieing favor with the right Animals. After all, if you've gott to lieb, you've gott to lieb.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 16, 2014, 03:42:16 PM »
Deciding to burn it down could really sink Leti's chances of a positive outcome, but I'm sure some posters here would love to teach her how to dougie her way out of this by currieing favor with the right Animals. After all, if you've gott to lieb, you've gott to lieb.

:love:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 16, 2014, 03:42:54 PM »
Didn't she have her jersey retired before Beasley/Pullen?

this makes me rage  :curse:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 16, 2014, 03:44:18 PM »
yeah. i mean, if we're going to get mad at something, let's get mad at the fact that beas and pullen don't have their jerseys retired. absolutely absurd.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 16, 2014, 03:46:40 PM »
I think catz might be deb
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile