Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 219143 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #375 on: April 16, 2014, 10:17:31 AM »
I know I should care more about this, but I don't.  :frown:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 16, 2014, 10:17:58 AM »
Boss gonna Boss.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 16, 2014, 10:18:12 AM »
Romero was tampered with, administration isn't going to role over on it. It is very similar Jarrod Uthoff / Wisconsin situation. It is a lose/lose situation for K-State just trying to minimize damages. The media damages the story by spouting out before knowing the whole story.  Someone coached Romero on how to approach the media.

First, the coach that Uthoff was recruited by and committed to play for wasn't fired at Wisconsin, so no it rough ridin' isn't very similar.  Tampered with?  Maybe she doesn't want to play for some guy she's never met before and would rather go to one of the schools where she already had a relationship with the coaches.  She's from rough ridin' Spain for christ's sake.  Compelling specific perfomance of an LOI when you fired her coach is rough ridin' bullshit. 

Notwithstanding that though, maybe she just doesn't like it at K-State.  That should be entirely her call.  Everybody else who gets paid to be there can walk anytime they want.  Currie?  Mittie?  Not her though.  eff that greedy foreign bitch.  Whip her ass KSU!
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 16, 2014, 10:32:20 AM »
Romero was tampered with, administration isn't going to role over on it. It is very similar Jarrod Uthoff / Wisconsin situation. It is a lose/lose situation for K-State just trying to minimize damages. The media damages the story by spouting out before knowing the whole story.  Someone coached Romero on how to approach the media.

First, the coach that Uthoff was recruited by and committed to play for wasn't fired at Wisconsin, so no it rough ridin' isn't very similar.  Tampered with?  Maybe she doesn't want to play for some guy she's never met before and would rather go to one of the schools where she already had a relationship with the coaches.  She's from rough ridin' Spain for christ's sake.  Compelling specific perfomance of an LOI when you fired her coach is rough ridin' bullshit. 

Notwithstanding that though, maybe she just doesn't like it at K-State.  That should be entirely her call.  Everybody else who gets paid to be there can walk anytime they want.  Currie?  Mittie?  Not her though.  eff that greedy foreign bitch.  Whip her ass KSU!
This is a tampering situation and not a coaching change situation, same thing that happened at Wisconsin.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 16, 2014, 11:05:44 AM »

The ongoing years of Illinois athletic underachievement are really starting to roil, swell and clearly anger up Mr. Bread.

T&P's Bread.

Staying strong ADJC!!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 16, 2014, 11:13:07 AM »

This is a tampering situation and not a coaching change situation, same thing that happened at Wisconsin.

Did the coach she committed to and played for her first year not get fired?  Zero % of her desire to leave is based on that?  You know this of course because some fuckface sticking up for the AD has leaked it. 

The primary reason Uthoff left Wisconsin was because he didn't want to be there.  He didn't want to play for Bo.  He decided it wasn't for him.  It wasn't because he rough ridin' loved it, but Iowa swooped in and magically confused him and then led him astray.  He was open to the enticement, because he wanted out.  What a shitbrain talking point tampering is.  It's just a justification for dickless fuckos like Currie to be petty and vindictive.  To a college freshman. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 16, 2014, 11:21:25 AM »

Did the coach she committed to and played for her first year not get fired?  Zero % of her desire to leave is based on that?  You know this of course because some fuckface sticking up for the AD has leaked it. 

The primary reason Uthoff left Wisconsin was because he didn't want to be there.  He didn't want to play for Bo.  He decided it wasn't for him.  It wasn't because he rough ridin' loved it, but Iowa swooped in and magically confused him and then led him astray.  He was open to the enticement, because he wanted out.  What a shitbrain talking point tampering is.  It's just a justification for dickless fuckos like Currie to be petty and vindictive.  To a college freshman.
Don't give a crap why a players wants to leave, if there are signs of tampering you don't want to roll over. You don't want to become a target for future tampering. It is simple cause and effect, player gets tampered with ====> block transfer, make and big stink about it and eventually release player with certain provisions.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 16, 2014, 11:22:55 AM »

The ongoing years of Illinois athletic underachievement are really starting to roil, swell and clearly anger up Mr. Bread.

T&P's Bread.

Staying strong ADJC!!

I'd feel the same way if Illinois were doing this to a freshman who had her coach fired.  It's an embarrassment.  You don't really support it either, you're just trying to be cute.   

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 16, 2014, 11:24:51 AM »

T&P's Bread.

Staying strong ADJC!!

I'd feel the same way if Illinois were doing this to a freshman who had her coach fired.  It's an embarrassment.  You don't really support it either, you're just trying to be cute.

I support it fully if K-State legitimately believes the player has been tampered with.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 16, 2014, 11:26:18 AM »

Don't give a crap why a players wants to leave, if there are signs of tampering you don't want to roll over. You don't want to become a target for future tampering. It is simple cause and effect, player gets tampered with ====> block transfer, make and big stink about it and eventually release player with certain provisions.

You think the people who "tampered" give a crap if Currie plays hard ball with her?  Yeah, it'll never happen again because Currie made himself look like a dumbfuck in the press by being a tough guy to a girl from Spain.  Excellent logic here.  I know Bo Ryan came out looking amazing and Uthoff didn't end up at Iowa or anything.  Mission accomplished, those dirty fucks won't ever do that again. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 16, 2014, 11:31:12 AM »

T&P's Bread.

Staying strong ADJC!!

I support it fully if K-State legitimately believes the player has been tampered with.

It'll only make K-State look bad and she'll still leave to the program that she wants to go to.  It also won't stop tampering in the future.  How is negative press for the KSU AD a deterrent to opposing programs tampering, particularly when they still get the player?  Unless Currie is going to get some cheaters outed and busted, then he just looks like an ineffectual little bitch.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 16, 2014, 11:35:18 AM »

T&P's Bread.

Staying strong ADJC!!

It'll only make K-State look bad and she'll still leave to the program that she wants to go to.  It also won't stop tampering in the future.  How is negative press for the KSU AD a deterrent to opposing programs tampering, particularly when they still get the player?  Unless Currie is going to get some cheaters outed and busted, then he just looks like an ineffectual little bitch.

You have no possible way of knowing if it will or won't stop tampering in the future.  I mean seriously, not an effing clue about whether it will or won't happen. 

You're just trying to suckle on the teat of the BID, Frankite, hate all things ADJC crowd.  What are you afraid of, they won't sit with you at lunch?

It's a little sad.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 16, 2014, 11:37:32 AM »

This has been K-State policy for years and years, predating both UPKS and ADJC. It has been applied in numerous transfer cases, most of them you don't hear much about. The policy is mainly a way to protect the school from tampering and other situations -- the transfer is declined, the player appeals with a list of preferred schools to transfer to, the appeals board says yes or no to schools on the list, player leaves. That's how it goes.

In this case, someone in the ear of Leti recommended she contact members of the press to badmouth K-State. Suddenly, it's a "bad look for K-State". Yeah well no crap, because the player is saying it's a bad look.

K-State will probably make a statement once the appeals board rules, and will probably take the high road. But you can see how good Leti looks here just by reading Twitter comments of her teammates. And that's why siding with her without more info is probably a poor choice.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 16, 2014, 11:38:53 AM »

This has been K-State policy for years and years, predating both UPKS and ADJC. It has been applied in numerous transfer cases, most of them you don't hear much about. The policy is mainly a way to protect the school from tampering and other situations -- the transfer is declined, the player appeals with a list of preferred schools to transfer to, the appeals board says yes or no to schools on the list, player leaves. That's how it goes.

In this case, someone in the ear of Leti recommended she contact members of the press to badmouth K-State. Suddenly, it's a "bad look for K-State". Yeah well no crap, because the player is saying it's a bad look.

K-State will probably make a statement once the appeals board rules, and will probably take the high road. But you can see how good Leti looks here just by reading Twitter comments of her teammates. And that's why siding with her without more info is probably a poor choice.

CC bringing it strong and righteously as always. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 16, 2014, 11:41:41 AM »

T&P's Bread.

Staying strong ADJC!!

You have no possible way of knowing if it will or won't stop tampering in the future.  I mean seriously, not an effing clue about whether it will or won't happen. 

You're just trying to suckle on the teat of the BID, Frankite, hate all things ADJC crowd.  What are you afraid of, they won't sit with you at lunch?

It's a little sad.

I know that if I were the tampering school(s) I would enjoy the hell out of Currie looking like a dipshit over this and I'd most certainly do it again.  If a K-State player other programs want looks ripe for the picking they are always going to reach out.  You know that Dax, I know you do. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 16, 2014, 11:43:46 AM »
Maybe you guys should agree to disagree.  Especially since this thing you are debating is so boring.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 16, 2014, 11:44:03 AM »
If a K-State player other programs want looks ripe for the picking they are always going to reach out.

This is literally why K-State has the policy against transfer releases, as is the case with many schools around the country.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 16, 2014, 11:47:46 AM »

T&P's Bread.

Staying strong ADJC!!

It's a little sad.

I know that if I were the tampering school(s) I would enjoy the hell out of Currie looking like a dipshit over this and I'd most certainly do it again.  If a K-State player other programs want looks ripe for the picking they are always going to reach out.  You know that Dax, I know you do.

Hey, no crap.  That doesn't mean the players current school is just going to just let them go wherever; you know, set up a transfer release window with one of those "now serving" signs and "grab a ticket" machine.   

This stuff happens all the time, you know it Mr. Bread, and you know that schools put up road blocks all the time for various reasons.   Every single time everyone looking in tries to make the school look bad, but at the end of the day it's a school going through their processes and protecting themselves.  Only in a very rare few cases is a school or individuals at a school trying to be dickheads about the situation.   

You know that, but, you also know that you're just trying to play along with the cool kids.   Just admit it.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 16, 2014, 11:51:54 AM »
She will be aloud to transfer, but with stipulations on which schools she can not go too.  So, if said school(s) are tampering w/ her, then those said school(S) will be on the "blocked" list.  End of story and let her go......

By the way, she looks bad in all of her babbling and "blackmailing" claims...... :Crybaby:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 16, 2014, 11:59:33 AM »
Having a policy seems reasonable when 40% of college MBB players transfer (I assume WBB is similar) during their careers (34% of Top 100 players). Restricting where players transfer isn't uncommon either. I don't think this is that big of a deal and it will have very little effect on the recruiting of the new WBB coach.

To quote a former Wildcat coach:
"Kids are not being taught to stay the course, be patient, to learn how to work and improve.”

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 16, 2014, 12:10:10 PM »

When you start out by saying that this is how we've always done it, that says it all.  It also doesn't matter if it's true she's been tampered with, because K-State and Currie will never say that nor provide any proof.  If they could do that, then that would stop tampering.  Bust cheaters.

Without that, the smart play is to take the high road at the outset.  It's on Mittie to be the hunter and not the hunted.  Top players don't get poached from top coaches and top programs, and if they do it is inconsequential because they had already fallen out of favor.  They wanted to leave.  No player gets effectively tampered with that doesn't already have a foot out the door.  Blocking looks small time and petty, because it is. 

Here they want to block everything because they privately say tampering occurred, but they won't say that publicly because they presumably don't have either the evidence or the sack.  Best in that instance to just treat her like everybody else.  Why refuse it in its entirety at the outset?  It looks bad.  Why not block only the schools that were purported tamperers right from the jump and say have at it?  That would show a little backbone at least.  A little public shaming.  Currie is playing right into the tamperers' hands just like Bo did.  He should be smarter than that. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 16, 2014, 12:15:46 PM »
Are there NCAA rules against tampering?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 16, 2014, 12:17:47 PM »
Having a policy seems reasonable when 40% of college MBB players transfer (I assume WBB is similar) during their careers (34% of Top 100 players). Restricting where players transfer isn't uncommon either. I don't think this is that big of a deal and it will have very little effect on the recruiting of the new WBB coach.

To quote a former Wildcat coach:
"Kids are not being taught to stay the course, be patient, to learn how to work and improve.”

It's reasonable to me if it is rational, objective and impartially applied across the board.  For example a block on conference teams.  Sure, that makes some sense.  The problem is when they do crap like this because of reasons they can't or are afraid to make public that they end up looking like dipshits.  It also leaves room for programs to abuse their authority in this regard.  A vindictive coach and/or AD could try to give a kid who wasn't tampered with a hard time because he's a very good player and they're pissed he's leaving.  Their rough ridin' livelihood depends to one extent or another on athletic success.  I mean they both get substantial pay bonuses when teams win more or even in the context of athletic directors individual sport athletes succeed.  Hell they ultimately get fired or retained on that basis.  They actually have a verifiable entirely selfish reason to eff with these kids.  So all they have to do is whisper tampering and some dumbfuck program supporters will parrot it and they can be as shitty as they want to be.  It stinks. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:20:51 PM by Mr Bread »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 16, 2014, 12:21:52 PM »
Why not just say you have evidence that a school was tampering?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 16, 2014, 12:22:21 PM »
Why refuse it in its entirety at the outset?  It looks bad.  Why not block only the schools that were purported tamperers right from the jump and say have at it?  That would show a little backbone at least.  A little public shaming.

I'm assuming that's what is going on anyway. All we have heard is her interpretation of what happened. I assume she probably listed a specific school on her transfer request and that's why it was denied. Deb and Frank both had players transfer all the time and nothing like this ever happened with the same rules in place.