Author Topic: Bill is fed up, wants to quit  (Read 7612 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Bill is fed up, wants to quit
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 11:28:41 AM »
dax shut up

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2013, 11:32:52 AM »
Meh. He got a chance to vent and in his typical Snyder way he did. What was poor is that the interviewer didn't ask him why he accepted the contract he did just a few months ago. In the market he's in, he's earned his pay, even if he says dumb stuff to the press. And dumb stuff he says in an April interview will have very little effect on how Snyder typically goes about recruiting.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 11:35:34 AM »

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 11:37:20 AM »
I agree with his thoughts. Conference realignment is ruining college athletics.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 11:50:36 AM »
if you think bill asked for a raise you're wrong. it's more about athletic departments staying competitive, and the last thing a coach wants to do in his industry is turn down a raise.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »
if you think bill asked for a raise you're wrong. it's more about athletic departments staying competitive, and the last thing a coach wants to do in his industry is turn down a raise.

Everyone on here understands why athletic departments give raises, and up until the very last one, many people (on here and elsewhere) were hinting that Bill wanted more money.   He got another raise just a year before this last one.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2013, 12:03:55 PM »
I'm fine with giving coaches coming off of conference titles extensions.

I don't care if Bill has stacks of bills in his Tatarrax house that he uses in place of firewood, what he does with his well earned money is his business. I also really don't care if he says curmudgeony old man things once in a while. The only thing we really care about is if he repeats 04/05 and if he doesn't I'll leave him alone.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2013, 12:12:39 PM »

This is silly.  We are still going to play football games.  We are still going to play basketball games.  Who cares if we do so against Colorado or not?

All conf realignment is doing is making sure that there is as much TV as possible and that there is as much money as possible.  They aren't changing the game, just some of the teams we play.  Honestly, who cares as long as you aren't one of the weird schools that has to travel 2000 miles to play half your opponents? 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2013, 12:20:15 PM »

I don't care if Bill has stacks of bills in his Tatarrax house that he uses in place of firewood, what he does with his well earned money is his business. I also really don't care if he says curmudgeony old man things once in a while. The only thing we really care about is if he repeats 04/05 and if he doesn't I'll leave him alone.

That's not really the point.  We all know Snyder, but 18 year old recruits don't, and don't say they can just talk their way out of it, because some kids and parents can't nor will ever "get it" or really understand our great, but strange football coach.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 12:23:55 PM »

That's not really the point.  We all know Snyder, but 18 year old recruits don't, and don't say they can just talk their way out of it, because some kids and parents can't nor will ever "get it" or really understand our great, but strange football coach.

If Snyder and his staff recruited like most other football programs, then I'd buy that, but they don't. This (recruiting) is by far the worst part about how Snyder does things, and since he lost the core of his first great staff, this has always been the case. I think he's trying to do things differently than he did that led to 04/05, but we have yet to see if what he's doing is better. Regardless, I still think we recruit different and even dumb things he says aren't going to make much difference. And contract or not, other programs are going to continue to use his age in recruiting against us. IMO what he did was an isolated interview and nothing more, if he was doing this on a regular basis, then it would be a legit concern.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2013, 12:31:59 PM »
i don't care what this old clown says.  just keep coaching my team until i deem that it's time for you to go out to pasture.  in the meanwhile, say wtf you want. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2013, 12:47:29 PM »

If Snyder and his staff recruited like most other football programs, then I'd buy that, but they don't. This (recruiting) is by far the worst part about how Snyder does things, and since he lost the core of his first great staff, this has always been the case. I think he's trying to do things differently than he did that led to 04/05, but we have yet to see if what he's doing is better. Regardless, I still think we recruit different and even dumb things he says aren't going to make much difference. And contract or not, other programs are going to continue to use his age in recruiting against us. IMO what he did was an isolated interview and nothing more, if he was doing this on a regular basis, then it would be a legit concern.

Again, you're speaking about this from the perspective of a long time K-State fan, and a "that's just Bill" mindset.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2013, 12:58:11 PM »
Well, I think he speaks the truth for one. College Coaches make too much money along with professional athletes. I mean these people barely even contribute to society. What do they contribute, good football teams, basketball teams, etc.? The only way they contribute to society is if they donate their money or spend all of it and help boost economy.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline one time gella

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2013, 01:01:19 PM »
He just remembered this morning that he agreed to a season opening Friday night football game...which is gonna throw his scheme all out of wack.
Then the phone rings for this radio interview...and Bam...

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2013, 01:03:02 PM »
Again, you're speaking about this from the perspective of a long time K-State fan, and a "that's just Bill" mindset.

I guess I'm at a loss for what perspective you want me to come from. Its not like Bill is going to change drastically and hoping he's going to change much at this point seems pretty pointless. I just hope he doesn't have a 04/05 repeat.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 02:01:38 PM »
Well, I think he speaks the truth for one. College Coaches make too much money along with professional athletes. I mean these people barely even contribute to society. What do they contribute, good football teams, basketball teams, etc.? The only way they contribute to society is if they donate their money or spend all of it and help boost economy.

Entertainment is a huge contribution to society. An easy way to see that is to look at how much money is spent on it every year.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2013, 02:06:46 PM »

This is silly.  We are still going to play football games.  We are still going to play basketball games.  Who cares if we do so against Colorado or not?

All conf realignment is doing is making sure that there is as much TV as possible and that there is as much money as possible.  They aren't changing the game, just some of the teams we play.  Honestly, who cares as long as you aren't one of the weird schools that has to travel 2000 miles to play half your opponents?

I like playing teams like MU and NU who we have long traditions with and are extremely close for road games. I think most fans, especially the tucks, like to play teams that they have conncections with. Mizzou playing in the SEC and Rutgers and Maryland playing in the Big 10 is just stupid. They don't fit in at all.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2013, 02:08:11 PM »
conference realignment isn't necessarily ruining college sports but it is making them worse. just my opinion.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2013, 02:12:37 PM »
The constant bullshit anxiety is what is causing the issues.  What I am saying is that it is bullshit because it ultimately doesn't matter unless you are Weird Robert and go to every away game.

I mean, if you still like watching MU play fb, they are still a short drive away.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2013, 02:16:09 PM »
The constant bullshit anxiety is what is causing the issues.  What I am saying is that it is bullshit because it ultimately doesn't matter unless you are Weird Robert and go to every away game.

I mean, if you still like watching MU play fb, they are still a short drive away.

That's not the point. Nobody likes watching Mizzou play, we like watching K-State play Mizzou.

After what KSU went through twice with conference realignment, I'm surprised more of you aren't against it.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2013, 02:16:20 PM »
We've been having collective heart attacks for over 2 years over conference realignment, which is code for maximizing athletic dept revenue.  The pursuit of money in collegiate athletics is Snyder's complaint.  Most of the posters to this thread can be traced to a semi-bedwetting post of panic in the realignment thread, so don't know why everyone is so analytical and preachy.

Conference realignment = Maximizing AD Revenue = Pursuit of Money in Collegiate Sports

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2013, 02:22:05 PM »

I guess I'm at a loss for what perspective you want me to come from. Its not like Bill is going to change drastically and hoping he's going to change much at this point seems pretty pointless. I just hope he doesn't have a 04/05 repeat.

Why make it harder, articles like that make it harder IMO.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2013, 02:24:55 PM »

Does having an elite football team help boost economy of the city and university we all love?

I dont know about you but I was on cloud 9(actually the 50 yard line) after we beat texas and locked up a Dr. Pepper, I would assume alot of other people were as well and this is why we spend ridiculous amounts of money going to games/watching tv/buying merchandise and this is why athletes and coaches are paid so well.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2013, 02:27:07 PM »

Why make it harder, articles like that make it harder IMO.

They aren't exactly helpful, but I mentioned that as long as they are isolated (and this is; just an article based on a radio interview), then it really isn't going to be much of a drag on the methods we currently use in recruiting. I agree that he needs to avoid the "I'm not sure how much longer I'll coach" stuff.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2013, 03:05:09 PM »
good grief, even I don't give a crap about what Bill says.