Author Topic: Planning weddings  (Read 87029 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: Planning weddings
« Reply #550 on: March 09, 2016, 09:20:18 AM »
Well, I think it's because some people don't even own slacks or a suit.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 09, 2016, 09:23:10 AM »
I haven't worn a pair of jeans in over 2 months, WackyCat08, I don't find them all that comfortable.

Some great egomania on show here when it comes to weddings tho. Hey, I demand you come do all this crappy stuff 'clams listed and also I'm going to make you wear uncomfortable clothes while you do it. Sounds like great fun.
It's not that hard to be an adult, lib^7. I'm sorry you have to wear some slacks, while you enjoy my free food, alcohol, and feast of bridesmaids.  :Ugh: Also, Clams doesn't move further than a 100 ft from his place, so I don't know if that's the sword you want to fall on. Love you, 'Clams!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 09, 2016, 09:26:05 AM »
And also if you don't participate in all that shitty stuff while wearing uncomfortable clothes I'm going to be insulted and probably silently resent you for years.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 09, 2016, 09:27:47 AM »

Yup, jeans are for slobs
:cry:

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 09, 2016, 09:28:35 AM »
That's not how it works, lib^7. You hate most things, however, so I get it. I'm sorry someone asked you to get away from your usual watering hole for 5 hours, so you could eat and drink for free. Also, you don't have to go. No one really gives a eff by the end of the day if you're there or not.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: March 09, 2016, 09:30:31 AM »
I've had to go to probably 10X more weddings than the ppl who are bitching about them in this thread. So weird and random. Does it get in the way of some of my plans? Yes. Does it make me a narcisstic bigot, who thinks all things revolve around them, and that they're ruining my life by asking me to join them for a party? No.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 09, 2016, 09:30:46 AM »
I've never seen a bride confront a wedding guest about their attire. It isn't a common occurrence.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 09, 2016, 09:31:32 AM »
I've never seen a bride confront a wedding guest about their attire. It isn't a common occurrence.
Me neither. Seems weird and random.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 09, 2016, 09:34:25 AM »
Still, dressing nicely to a wedding is a way of showing the couple that their marriage is important to you. Yeah, it can be uncomfortable, but it isn't really about you. I realize that's difficult for many to understand.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 09, 2016, 09:42:07 AM »
Still, dressing nicely to a wedding is a way of showing the couple that their marriage is important to you. Yeah, it can be uncomfortable, but it isn't really about you. I realize that's difficult for many to understand.

I agree with this when it's someone you're close with, though if you're close with them they wouldn't care either way unless you have petty friends (protip: dump the petty friends)

My responses are from the bosses daughter sort of angle and why I wouldn't attend.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 09, 2016, 09:43:08 AM »
Weird and random though

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 09, 2016, 09:45:11 AM »
Then don't attend, lib^7. I'm sure your boss gives two effs if you're there or not. I would try and avoid wet blankets to any wedding necessary. Either my bosses wedding or best friend.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 09, 2016, 09:48:44 AM »

I agree with this when it's someone you're close with, though if you're close with them they wouldn't care either way unless you have petty friends (protip: dump the petty friends)

My responses are from the bosses daughter sort of angle and why I wouldn't attend.

Friends you don't care about, I agree. Just don't go.

The boss's daughter angle is different. If one of my last few bosses invited me to their daughter's wedding, I would go even if I didn't know the bride, because I like and respect them and would know it was important to them. I'd actually be honored to be invited. I guess I was just assuming Mrs. Gooch has a semi-decent relationship with her boss or it wouldn't be considered. If you don't like your boss, why bother?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 09, 2016, 09:50:32 AM »
Calm down bloodpressurecat08, and maybe read the last few pages to see what sparked this conversation

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 09, 2016, 09:53:46 AM »

Friends you don't care about, I agree. Just don't go.

The boss's daughter angle is different. If one of my last few bosses invited me to their daughter's wedding, I would go even if I didn't know the bride, because I like and respect them and would know it was important to them. I'd actually be honored to be invited. I guess I was just assuming Mrs. Gooch has a semi-decent relationship with her boss or it wouldn't be considered. If you don't like your boss, why bother?

I assume it's a normal working relationship, not a friendship

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 09, 2016, 09:56:40 AM »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 09, 2016, 09:58:21 AM »
But, that also might mean different things to you and I mc. I maintain professional relationships with everyone I work with, but I have zero desire to spend any time with any of them outside of work

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 09, 2016, 10:06:20 AM »

This isn't really wedding planning, but whatever: I live in AZ and am invited to weddings in back-to-back weekends in May in KC. I'm roughly equally good friends with both, but one is a college roommate of mine. Is it cool if I tell the other guy I can't make it?

I still have a 3rd wedding I'll be in that's in December and I'll be going to the Stanford game and hopefully 2 other Cat games. Ill be running out of points with all those and don't want to drop the coin. I feel bad, but it gets expensive.

I say go to the wedding that sent the invite first
Actually, go to the first one and make it a point to see your friend getting married the second weekend while you're in town. Explain you could only afford to travel to one but you wanted to make it a point to see him and the bride before he got married. You can give the gift and probably have a nice, real conversation you wouldn't have been able to have at the wedding.

This is what I was thinking as well. Def what I will do now.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 09, 2016, 10:28:39 AM »
you know who wears jeans to weddings? 
this guy-

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 09, 2016, 10:32:25 AM »
 :lol:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: March 09, 2016, 10:49:31 AM »
But, that also might mean different things to you and I mc. I maintain professional relationships with everyone I work with, but I have zero desire to spend any time with any of them outside of work

yeah, have you ever been invited to a wedding of a colleague's daughter? That's why I don't think it's a typical professional relationship.

Regardless, doing something nice/meaningful for your boss- such as showing up at their daughter's wedding they invited you to or giving them a gift for Christmas or doing something nice for them if they have a death in the family - doesn't necessarily mean you have any desire to have a relationship out of work. It can just mean you're a nice, respectful person.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 09, 2016, 10:54:11 AM »
It's the hayseeds that wear the jeans.  They don't own suits or slacks and even if they did they sure as crap prefer to wear jeans while they are smashing Bud Lights on someone else's dime.  Surprised michigancat hasn't seen that before in Ulysses or whichever godforsaken town he grew up in. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 09, 2016, 10:54:44 AM »
At my sister's wedding I took off my tux shoes at the reception and put on Sacouny Jazz sneakers instead. We have not spoken since.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 09, 2016, 10:55:57 AM »
how long into the reception until you're allowed to go no tie and jacket off? for me, about five drinks.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 09, 2016, 10:56:32 AM »
It's the hayseeds that wear the jeans.  They don't own suits or slacks and even if they did they sure as crap prefer to wear jeans while they are smashing Bud Lights on someone else's dime.  Surprised michigancat hasn't seen that before in Ulysses or whichever godforsaken town he grew up in. 

I've seen jeans at plenty of weddings, never seen a bride do anything about it or even act like she cared.