Author Topic: ALL EYES ON oscar-CRUITS: Operation Victory, Code Name Dominate  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
We need to get focused on recruiting.  This post is skillfully designed to call attention to our 2014 recruiting thread, and move one or more of you to action.  We'll have a National Signing Day before we next have a meaningful basketball game.  All focus needs to be on recruiting.

Now that the season has concluded, I'd like to start following recruiting...I am woefully out of touch on where we are at with the 2014 class.

I want to give oscar the benefit of the doubt (in this thread at least).  It seems he has a great base (Big 12 title, new facility, daily flights to Texas and Chicago) from which to recruit.

Would someone be kind enough to type up a list of confirmed targets and give me a sentence or two on their "story" and our chances on them?  I'm sure there are others who would also appreciate this as much as me.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=8727.msg788144#msg788144

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
Re: ALL EYES ON oscar-CRUITS: Operation Victory, Code Name Dominate
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:46:00 PM »
Pete. I don't know how to do any of what you are asking for but I think I'm going to try. Wish me luck.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 10:50:33 PM »
red leader standing by

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 10:52:23 PM »
would love a recruiting thread that just narrows down guys that we actually have a snowballs chance of getting.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 11:14:10 PM »
red leader standing by

Porkins, standing by.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 11:14:19 PM »
Alright. Well I'm gonna start with the spot the Orris opened up because that's probably going to be filled before any action happens in the 2014 class.

We offered Jon Severe, a 6'2 shooting guard out of Brooklyn. Right after we offered he cut his list down. In no particular order: "West Virginia, Pitt, Rutgers, Fordham, Seton Hall, Duquesne, George Washington, Kansas State, Boston College, CREIGHTON." It's reported that he's going to make a decision on May 22nd.
Quote from: Rivals
Shooting: Outstanding
Handle: Developing
Passing: Developing
Strength: Good
More video on Severe:

Rivals evaluation of Severe from the State Tournament:

Jon Severe, 6'2" Senior, SG (Christ the King)-
What Severe was able to do this weekend was nothing short of phenomenal. He broke the "AA" single game and two game scoring record with 40 in one game and a combined 68 in the two en route to leading the Royals to the Federation title. He was aggressive when he needed to be showing that extra burst getting to the rim, but it was his ability to hit shots off the dribble that was most impressive. He scores so fluidly and gets good lift on his shot that his 6'2" size wasn't an issue against bigger defenders. Was a playmaker as well finding the open man off the drive. Clearly was the best player this weekend in Albany and continued to prove why he is being so highly recruited.

The consensus in the 2013 recruiting thread is that this guy would be a great spring get. I agree with that, but with 9 other teams still in the mix, it's hard to say what kind of chance we have.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 11:36:58 PM »
Another guy that would fill Orris's void, albeit one year delayed, would be Aaron Cosby. He's a a 6'2 transfer from Seton Hall who will have 2 years of eligibility after transferring and sitting out a year. Zagsblog
Quote from: zagsblog
Former Seton Hall guard Aaron Cosby has narrowed his list of future destinations.

“I’ve narrowed things down to Baylor, UConn, Missouri, Iowa State, Illinois, N.C. State, Vanderbilt and Kansas State,” he told SNY.tv.

“As of right now, Baylor, Missouri, Illinois, N.C. State and Kansas State will be making home visits while I’m there [home in Lexington, KY]” he said.

“Within the next two weeks I will narrow things down to maybe three or four and make officials. Hopefully, I will make my decision at the end of May.”

In 65 career games at Seton Hall, he averaged 10.1 points 2.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game.  Last season, Cosby made 27 starts and averaged 12.6 points per game.

Here's his Statsheet from the last two years. I wouldn't hate this guy either. He hit 38% and 40% from 3 point range his first two years at Seton Hall. If I had to choose Cosby or Severe, it would be Severe.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:43:58 PM by SwiftCat »

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 11:39:11 PM »
reading your thread title out loud made me think of Blues Clues which could be a fun game to play in the search for some recruits

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 11:44:26 PM »
Another guy that would fill Orris's void, albeit one year delayed, would be Aaron Cosby. He's a a 6'2 transfer from Seton Hall who will have 2 years of eligibility after transferring and sitting out a year. Zagsblog
Quote from: zagsblog
Former Seton Hall guard Aaron Cosby has narrowed his list of future destinations.

“I’ve narrowed things down to Baylor, UConn, Missouri, Iowa State, Illinois, N.C. State, Vanderbilt and Kansas State,” he told SNY.tv.

“As of right now, Baylor, Missouri, Illinois, N.C. State and Kansas State will be making home visits while I’m there [home in Lexington, KY]” he said.

“Within the next two weeks I will narrow things down to maybe three or four and make officials. Hopefully, I will make my decision at the end of May.”

In 65 career games at Seton Hall, he averaged 10.1 points 2.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game.  Last season, Cosby made 27 starts and averaged 12.6 points per game.

Here's his Statsheet from the last two years. I wouldn't hate this guy either. He hit 38% and 40% from 3 point range his first two years at Seton Hall. If I had to choose Cosby or Severe, it would be Severe.

I'd rather have Severe, but if it's Onwas the next two years or Cosby with a redshirt, I'd take Cosby.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 11:47:18 PM »
reading your thread title out loud made me think of Blues Clues which could be a fun game to play in the search for some recruits

it took me like 5 seconds to realize what was going on with the face and then i rough ridin' lost :lol:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
ALL EYES ON oscar-CRUITS: Operation Victory, Code Name Dominate
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 11:58:56 PM »

it took me like 5 seconds to realize what was going on with the face and then i rough ridin' lost :lol:

it's just so damn good :lol:

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 12:25:10 AM »

Yeah I was like "hmm, that steve looks really weird. Did they replace him on the show or something?" and then I saw it.   :lol:

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 07:00:42 AM »

OMG oscar'S CLUES  :thumbs:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 08:18:36 AM »
 :lol:

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 08:48:59 AM »
 :lol:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 08:50:40 AM »

Oh man.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 10:43:14 AM »
I know this thread is now about Chunkles, but Cosby is now between Mizzou and The Fighting Orange Bruceaggies.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 11:49:05 AM »
I know this thread is now about Chunkles, but Cosby is now between Mizzou and The Fighting Orange Bruceaggies.

Hmmm.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.