Author Topic: 3 Illinois transfers  (Read 7053 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Illinois transfers
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 08:39:41 AM »
Tough to say where they're at in college because they haven't been playing.  Djimde was a late signee by oscar in antication of Leonard leaving early the next year.  He has no skill or athleticism and isn't tall enough to be a true center.  Complete miss.

Langford is a tweener 3-4 guy that is very athletic, but appears to not be able to shoot at all.  I'm assuming that's why Groce passed on him and also why he wouldn't fit with the purple cats.  He'd fill the Sexy Shane role except he can't knock down shots.

Shaw was the most highly regarded out of high school as has been pointed out.  The story with him is that he dropped dramatically over the course of his high school career.  His freshman year he was top 5  nationally and steadily fell off as he didn't continue developing his game and everyone else did (relatively speaking).  He could be a serviceable starter for a high major at the 4.  He hasn't shown much of a shooting touch, but he has shown some impressive passing instincts.  He has short arms for his size, which hurts him on the boards and defensively.  Decent athletically.

Can't imagine oscar would want any of them.       
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 09:54:25 AM »
Mike Shaw off the board to the Bradley Braves.  Fun fact: Bradley head coach Geno Ford is the brother of Illinois Fighting Breads assistant coach Dustin Ford. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2013, 09:43:57 AM »
Myke Henry transferring.  He, like the other three, is a sophomore Brucecruit.  He is the most talented of the four and has played the most.  He is basically another Shane.  Identical size and skill set.  Myke is actually a very good offensive rebounder though.  Sneaky in that regard.  Myke is also quite adorable.  Myke's younger brother was shot and killed his senior year of high school and he and oscar really bonded during that time period with oscar acting as sort of a father figure for him.  Point being, they were at one time very close.  There were rumors however that he was thinking about transferring after first semester of his freshman year.  The speculation regarding his transfer now is that he wants to play the 3, not the 4 (he doesn't have the ball-handling to do that though) and also that Groce has been regularly recruiting over him (5th-year transfer stretch 4 in Jon Ekey next year; Darius Paul stretch 4 transfer for the year after; two five star 2014 recruits in Leron Black and Cliff Alexander that Groce is all over who would also play some at the 4 if either end up at Illinois). 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2013, 09:48:16 AM »
I hope we get him, bread.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 09:53:35 AM »
Adequate adorableness? Would take.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2013, 09:56:51 AM »
Myke Henry transferring.  He, like the other three, is a sophomore Brucecruit.  He is the most talented of the four and has played the most.  He is basically another Shane.  Identical size and skill set.  Myke is actually a very good offensive rebounder though.  Sneaky in that regard.  Myke is also quite adorable.  Myke's younger brother was shot and killed his senior year of high school and he and oscar really bonded during that time period with oscar acting as sort of a father figure for him.  Point being, they were at one time very close.  There were rumors however that he was thinking about transferring after first semester of his freshman year.  The speculation regarding his transfer now is that he wants to play the 3, not the 4 (he doesn't have the ball-handling to do that though) and also that Groce has been regularly recruiting over him (5th-year transfer stretch 4 in Jon Ekey next year; Darius Paul stretch 4 transfer for the year after; two five star 2014 recruits in Leron Black and Cliff Alexander that Groce is all over who would also play some at the 4 if either end up at Illinois).

go get him oscar :brucerunningintolockerroom.gif:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2013, 09:57:18 AM »

go get him oscar :brucerunningintolockerroom.gif:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2013, 10:17:35 AM »
he's a very good looking young buck.  strapping too, i'd bet.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 10:18:11 AM »
hold up, left elbow appears to be very very ashy. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2013, 10:23:19 AM »
Myke has a great smile and there's a sleepiness to his demeanor that really ups his adorability.  He's incredibily easy going and laid back, so that when he does show emotion it can't not be adorable.  Myke fired up on the court---->Bread: :surprised: :excited::emawkid:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2013, 10:26:17 AM »
For the record, I am sad to see him go.  It is a loss for the Breads, particularly next season.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2013, 10:26:29 AM »
will illinois release him if it's the qats

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2013, 10:29:44 AM »
will illinois release him if it's the qats

I'd bet puni's left nut there will be zero restrictions.  Myke is a great kid who is also from the CPL.  No way Groce fucks with him.  Nothing to gain and a lot to lose. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2013, 10:30:25 AM »
hold up, left elbow appears to be very very ashy.

good catch, he's disgusting.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2013, 12:04:20 PM »
Mystery recruit  :dunno:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2013, 12:11:41 PM »
Any chance SMU snakes him?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2013, 12:14:28 PM »
Dr. J has been making fun of our Maine transfer a lot. This will show him! :shakesfist:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:19:56 PM by Wackycat08 »

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2013, 12:17:29 PM »
Any chance SMU snakes him?

Ooh, good call.  I'm sure Jerrance will be in touch with him.  Before he committed to Illinois, Baylor was making a big push for him as well.  Maybe Drew wins in round two.  He can shove it right in sys' fat face.