Author Topic: This might not be, but it sure feels like the end  (Read 6523 times)

Offline Grogan14

• Fan
  • Sock,also goes by BastardSonOfDaxJones & Cyclone42
    • View Profile
This might not be, but it sure feels like the end
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 05:39:02 PM »
Typical Cat fans. I guarantee some of you wanted Coach Snyder fired when he retired.
And?  I wanted him fired before he retired.

Ha! You're brilliant then. How do you feel Bout him now?
Same as I did 8 years ago...

Yep, that guy doesn't know anything about coaching football. With the Wildcat's track record and stellar tradition without him ANYONE could win. Right?  What are you, 20? Jesus, dude, get a grip and come to the reality of the situation.

Offline Grogan14

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 05:40:10 PM »
Typical Cat fans. I guarantee some of you wanted Coach Snyder fired when he retired.
You hate Frank more than you love KSU hoops (like many).  How long will your hate allow you to accept losing to double digit seeds in the tournament?

I honestly don't hate Frank. I really like him quite a bit. This is one year. AND it's a year in which KSU shared in the conference title and Weber was COY. How can you not see you are overreacting?
well how many years of 0 ncaa tournament wins are you willing to tolerate because Frank is no longer coach here?

I'm willing to tolerate this one. I hate it but I'm not planning to jump off a bridge.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: This might not be, but it sure feels like the end
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 05:41:08 PM »
You hate Frank more than you love KSU hoops (like many).  How long will your hate allow you to accept losing to double digit seeds in the tournament?

I honestly don't hate Frank. I really like him quite a bit. This is one year. AND it's a year in which KSU shared in the conference title and Weber was COY. How can you not see you are overreacting?
well how many years of 0 ncaa tournament wins are you willing to tolerate because Frank is no longer coach here?

I'm willing to tolerate this one. I hate it but I'm not planning to jump off a bridge.
how many more, give me a number

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 05:41:16 PM »

I will never understand why people g.a.f. about COY.

Offline Grogan14

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2013, 05:43:43 PM »

I will not tolerate any more losses in the first round to a double digit seed. There. Feel better?

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2013, 05:44:23 PM »

Yep, that guy doesn't know anything about coaching football. With the Wildcat's track record and stellar tradition without him ANYONE could win. Right?  What are you, 20? Jesus, dude, get a grip and come to the reality of the situation.

Yes or no, Bill can recruit the players necessary to win a NC?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2013, 05:44:40 PM »

I will not tolerate any more losses in the first round to a double digit seed. There. Feel better?
a little, but I know you lie. you are the excusing type.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2013, 05:44:53 PM »

So if we crawl to an 11-seed next year and get blown out by the 6-seed, you'll be cool with it?

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 05:45:12 PM »
Just wait till oscar gets his guys in.  They're so close.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2013, 05:45:27 PM »
I would tolerate losses to double digit seeds forever and ever if he wins the conference every year.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2013, 05:46:12 PM »
I would tolerate losses to double digit seeds forever and ever if he wins the conference every year.

I'd have to think about that one before signing on.

Offline Grogan14

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2013, 05:46:33 PM »

It's sort of a bit sarcastic on my part since so many were drooling over that fact only a week or so ago and now the guys is evidently an imbecile (Note: that is not directed at you or anyone in particular, just an observation). Plus, it's an indicator that the guy doesn't suck. Not a perfect indicator but still an indicator.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2013, 05:48:58 PM »
I would not.  The currency of a coach should be tournament wins. Whats the point of doing well in your conference if you crap it away every year?

Offline Grogan14

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2013, 05:49:06 PM »

Yes or no, Bill can recruit the players necessary to win a NC?

I want to say no, but we have at least been in the picture seriously a couple of times since he's been here. Now you answer me a question. What on God's green earth makes you think ANYONE can accomplish that feat?

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2013, 05:49:11 PM »

It's sort of a bit sarcastic on my part since so many were drooling over that fact only a week or so ago and now the guys is evidently an imbecile (Note: that is not directed at you or anyone in particular, just an observation). Plus, it's an indicator that the guy doesn't suck. Not a perfect indicator but still an indicator.

LOL, no it's not.

Offline Grogan14

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2013, 05:50:07 PM »

So if we crawl to an 11-seed next year and get blown out by the 6-seed, you'll be cool with it?

No, never cool with it. Just not, "jump off a bridge" upset about it.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2013, 05:51:06 PM »
what the eff.  You are delusional.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2013, 05:51:29 PM »
No, oscar doesn't suck.  He is mediocre in actual sense of the word. Applebees.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 05:51:42 PM »

I want to say no, but we have at least been in the picture seriously a couple of times since he's been here. Now you answer me a question. What on God's green earth makes you think ANYONE can accomplish that feat?

Loser mentality that allows people like oscar to stick around.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2013, 05:51:48 PM »
I would not.  The currency of a coach should be tournament wins. Whats the point of doing well in your conference if you crap it away every year?

Well, I'm assuming the league has sort of bottomed out. I also don't think the regular season Big 12 champ will lose many games to double digit seeds, but understand it will happen from time to time.

Didn't we have a thread to measure a coach's "goodwill" or something a while back? like, assigning points for certain accomplishments?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2013, 05:52:32 PM »

Well, I'm assuming the league has sort of bottomed out. I also don't think the regular season Big 12 champ will lose many games to double digit seeds, but understand it will happen from time to time.

Didn't we have a thread to measure a coach's "goodwill" or something a while back? like, assigning points for certain accomplishments?
Yeah I an loathe to bump it koug style though.

Offline Grogan14

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2013, 05:53:16 PM »

LOL, no it's not.

Ok, you're right. In sure that's what was going through the minds of the voters . . . "Hmmmm, I know this guy sucks (I mean come on, some drunk idiots on a message board say so) and I know I'm not as qualified as they are, but I'm going to vote for him anyway."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2013, 05:53:24 PM »

Basically I think if a Big 12 champ loses to a double digit seed it is a random, freak event and not indicative of a coach's ability.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2013, 05:54:05 PM »

Yeah I an loathe to bump it koug style though.

Please do, it wouldn't be koug style. Because I don't think you'd be doing it as a lame "told you so".

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2013, 05:54:18 PM »

I don't think we'll play many double digit seeds in the tournament any time soon.

When the field expands to 96 in 4 years we're going to kick ass in the 10/15 game.