Author Topic: Post game interviews  (Read 6731 times)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Post game interviews
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2013, 11:49:28 AM »
Will 's entire season has been either missed open shots or not taking one's he should have taken.  Sign me up for a kid taking horrid shots every once in a while over what will has done.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

its because he is a pussy

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Post game interviews
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2013, 11:57:56 AM »
um Kstate lost because Lasalle didn't make a single FG the last 7:18 of the game....and you guys let them take the game...that's on ksu...if they can't score a basket for almost 8 minutes and still win? lol horrible

Very horrible.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2013, 12:00:49 PM »
Who is arguing against that fan?  I would question anyone who said that Angel didn't hurt this team in, a grand total of, 3 games. 

The problem is even in the games Angel wasn't his best, he still made plenty of plays. Angel was a key in K-State coming back from an 18 point deficit.

And no one here has acknowledged that Angel was the one who locked down Galloway in the 2nd half on defense. After 15 points in the 1st half Galloway made 4 FTs in the 2nd, mainly because of Angel's defense. So I'll concede that Angel struggled shooting and made some poor passes, but he was also a key reason K-State had a shot to win and didn't lose by 20.
I guess I would ask people to examine which they value more.  A player making standard facilitation plays which every major D1 PG should make or a player who can good plays while absolutely hurting his team.   

look at the fist half, Galloway's first point.  Angel was on him, completely and totally lost him, and made Shane switch out to him late while Galloway was triggering an open 3. Angel than comes down to take an Awful guarded 3 for an airball.   Angel than allows Galloway to drive all the way to the restricted area, forcing the defense to suck in, allowing yet another wide open 3.  So I don't think its fair to credit Angel for a comeback form a deficit he was instrumental in creating because of poor defense and selfish shots.  I believe a lot of this is maturation rather than skill set, but in big games, (ku/@ku/NCAA) he still isn't allowing the system to work for him and his teammates.  In the second half he allowed the system to work for him and his teammates and that is what triggered the comeback.  Now at the end of the game he takes the ball out of his own hands to let Shane/JO do what they did while he disappears on the block for no particular reason.  The final possession he goes to the damn corner of the court, the worst place possible, for a horrid shot while never really looking for another option.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2013, 12:00:50 PM »
Good luck today, ljm

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2013, 12:01:28 PM »
Who is arguing against that fan?  I would question anyone who said that Angel didn't hurt this team in, a grand total of, 3 games. 

The problem is even in the games Angel wasn't his best, he still made plenty of plays. Angel was a key in K-State coming back from an 18 point deficit.

And no one here has acknowledged that Angel was the one who locked down Galloway in the 2nd half on defense. After 15 points in the 1st half Galloway made 4 FTs in the 2nd, mainly because of Angel's defense. So I'll concede that Angel struggled shooting and made some poor passes, but he was also a key reason K-State had a shot to win and didn't lose by 20.
I guess I would ask people to examine which they value more.  A player making standard facilitation plays which every major D1 PG should make or a player who can good plays while absolutely hurting his team.   

look at the fist half, Galloway's first point.  Angel was on him, completely and totally lost him, and made Shane switch out to him late while Galloway was triggering an open 3. Angel than comes down to take an Awful guarded 3 for an airball.   Angel than allows Galloway to drive all the way to the restricted area, forcing the defense to suck in, allowing yet another wide open 3.  So I don't think its fair to credit Angel for a comeback form a deficit he was instrumental in creating because of poor defense and selfish shots.  I believe a lot of this is maturation rather than skill set, but in big games, (ku/@ku/NCAA) he still isn't allowing the system to work for him and his teammates.  In the second half he allowed the system to work for him and his teammates and that is what triggered the comeback.  Now at the end of the game he takes the ball out of his own hands to let Shane/JO do what they did while he disappears on the block for no particular reason.  The final possession he goes to the damn corner of the court, the worst place possible, for a horrid shot while never really looking for another option.

DNR

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 12:08:25 PM »

Put a "standard facilitation" PG (like Clent Stewart) on this team and we are maybe .500 (at best) in the Big 12. I'll take a playmaker at PG who occasionally makes mistakes every single time. I value that much more, and I'd say 90% of college coaches would agree. And the 10% that don't are getting fired soon.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2013, 12:15:39 PM »

Put a "standard facilitation" PG (like Clent Stewart) on this team and we are maybe .500 (at best) in the Big 12. I'll take a playmaker at PG who occasionally makes mistakes every single time. I value that much more, and I'd say 90% of college coaches would agree. And the 10% that don't are getting fired soon.
Stewart was not a standard facilitation guard for 3/4 years.  Huggs made him into a serviceable guard his last year, who really didn't impact things till later in the year. I think you are undervaluing him in order to make your point, especially when you say we would be .500 with Stew and a tournament team with Will, that is just absurd. 

And its one thing for a player to make a few plays and screw a few up, I mean we're talking about an underclassmen, so its going to happen.  The problem is that Angel's mistakes cluster around a very small few games.  When those mistakes come, it hurts the entirety of the game.  Whats worse, is that it happens in high value games. 

At the end of the day Angel maturation curve has been STEEP for the vast majority of  the season making great strides in all aspects of his game.  The results speak for themselves.  No one can argue we would be where we are with Will at the helm.  It just bothers me that many members here are over valuing Angel now in reaction to what they want/think Angel will be, and reacting against Tuckist latent racism. 
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Post game interviews
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2013, 12:22:05 PM »

Stewart was not a standard facilitation guard for 3/4 years.  Huggs made him into a serviceable guard his last year, who really didn't impact things till later in the year. I think you are undervaluing him in order to make your point, especially when you say we would be .500 with Stew and a tournament team with Will, that is just absurd. 

And its one thing for a player to make a few plays and screw a few up, I mean we're talking about an underclassmen, so its going to happen.  The problem is that Angel's mistakes cluster around a very small few games.  When those mistakes come, it hurts the entirety of the game.  Whats worse, is that it happens in high value games. 

At the end of the day Angel maturation curve has been STEEP for the vast majority of  the season making great strides in all aspects of his game.  The results speak for themselves.  No one can argue we would be where we are with Will at the helm.  It just bothers me that many members here are over valuing Angel now in reaction to what they want/think Angel will be, and reacting against Tuckist latent racism.

Struggles from Rodney and Tay were just as destructive against La Salle as Angel.

And of you are implying I said we'd be a tournament team with Will at PG then you misread my post.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2013, 12:29:54 PM »
This team would not have been in the NCAA tournament, let alone a 4 seed, without Angel. I'm not sure I can say the same about Will. Will did enough that we probably wouldn't have won a Big 12 title, but still been a tournament team.

And this is not about what the the team would've been like with a replacement player, just what the team would've been like without either one.

Angel earned his 2nd team All Big 12 honor.
How so?  You're saying Will as a replacement to Angel.

And yes Tay had a bad game.  Yes Rod was off, being -2.6 points off his average.  But we don't rely on Tay for points at a 5.1 (-3.1 for the game) avg versus missing out on 9.4 pts from Angel.  See this is the paradigm which is so concerning.  If you're hardcore team Angel it was everyone else's fault, Angel can do no wrong.  I wonder how many people who are hardcore team Angel also trashed Cassell all year in the NFL threads. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2013, 12:39:34 PM »
Your opinions about everything are absolutely awful, Ed.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 12:44:36 PM »
you must have lbbiq, because just about everyone agrees that Angel was off against LS.  Sorry you don't see it that way.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2013, 12:51:45 PM »
you must have lbbiq, because just about everyone agrees that Angel was off against LS.  Sorry you don't see it that way.

If I were rating the biggest reasons we lost, Angel might make the cut at 4th. And if I were rating posters, you'd be behind ljmhawk.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2013, 12:54:13 PM »
do you guys think ednksu is a real person?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2013, 12:58:12 PM »

If I were rating the biggest reasons we lost, Angel might make the cut at 4th. And if I were rating posters, you'd be behind ljmhawk.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2013, 12:59:09 PM »
How so?  You're saying Will as a replacement to Angel.

And yes Tay had a bad game.  Yes Rod was off, being -2.6 points off his average.  But we don't rely on Tay for points at a 5.1 (-3.1 for the game) avg versus missing out on 9.4 pts from Angel.  See this is the paradigm which is so concerning.  If you're hardcore team Angel it was everyone else's fault, Angel can do no wrong.  I wonder how many people who are hardcore team Angel also trashed Cassell all year in the NFL threads. 

I meant take Will off the team (with no replacement) or take Angel off the team. W/out Angel this team is not a tournament team; without Will it is.

Cassell is an awful comparison to Angel simply because he's a game manager at QB, and Angel is far from a game manager.

But to your point, Angel's offensive rating of 44 from the game (his lowest of the season) in 36 minutes of play definitely shows that he struggled. But I won't concede it was a game where he hurt us more than he helped us. You could maybe say he kept both teams in the game, but as much as he hurt us, he helped us even more in the 2nd half comeback. If anything, it was disappointing he only put up 4 shots and only 2 threes; him hitting 3s when opponents played off of him on ball screens was a big reason this team won as many games as it did.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2013, 01:03:39 PM »
I like the way you phrased it as him keeping both teams in the game.  And the Cassell comparo was simply because they were both in the position to drive the team, more of a PG = QB rather than a Angel = Cassell. I also get what you were saying with Will, the "replacement" line is what got me. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2013, 01:05:06 PM »
I like the way you phrased it as him keeping both teams in the game.  And the Cassell comparo was simply because they were both in the position to drive the team, more of a PG = QB rather than a Angel = Cassell. I also get what you were saying with Will, the "replacement" line is what got me. 

Well, Will replacing Angel would've been an absolute disaster. We saw what that looked like when Tay and Angel were both out and it wasn't pretty. Will simply cannot play PG outside of a handful of possessions when absolutely needed.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2013, 01:06:55 PM »
Yeah Will really has no place on the court in major conference ball.  Not like Shane where he is playing out of position a bit, but just has no role he can fill. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2013, 01:09:41 PM »
Will was fine as a role player for a decent stretgh before he got hurt. The problem was it was limited mainly to the month of February, before and after that he wasn't very good.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2013, 01:32:08 PM »

for a long time, i thought you and he were the same person.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2013, 01:33:34 PM »

how do you know we aren't?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2013, 01:33:41 PM »
Just remember ed hated Jake too.  Not that it means Angel will also go down as the leading scorer at the school, but it gives a background to ed's credibility.
yeah hated or I had a terrible meltdown for reasons which were later validated.  But whatever you need to think to sleep at night.

that you think you were later validated shows you to be stupider than your original hatred did.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2013, 01:34:02 PM »

i asked chingon.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »
Just remember ed hated Jake too.  Not that it means Angel will also go down as the leading scorer at the school, but it gives a background to ed's credibility.
yeah hated or I had a terrible meltdown for reasons which were later validated.  But whatever you need to think to sleep at night.

that you think you were later validated shows you to be stupider than your original hatred did.
I'm running out of do you need a hug pics for people's idiocy.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2013, 01:36:22 PM »

i asked chingon.

he doesn't know anything