Author Topic: Typical Kansas State Person  (Read 4841 times)

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Typical Kansas State Person
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 08:34:28 PM »
That idiot invested 150k in a Afican Gold Scheme to guarantee 4% returns?

4% RETURNS

What if I told you I could turn your 150K into 156K?!?!?!  THAT WOULD BLOW YOUR MIND!!!

This is precisely the reason why all athletes should be required to take "athlete" finance and business courses. If you're a good athlete, screw a full education, just make them take classes so they don't shine poorly on your university when they're spending their money on hookers and blow...at least they'll think about it. Those guys should have at least had alarms going off when they heard 4%!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »
Really great points by shellshock here. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 08:38:48 PM »

4% RETURNS

What if I told you I could turn your 150K into 156K?!?!?!  THAT WOULD BLOW YOUR MIND!!!

This is precisely the reason why all athletes should be required to take "athlete" finance and business courses. If you're a good athlete, screw a full education, just make them take classes so they don't shine poorly on your university when they're spending their money on hookers and blow...at least they'll think about it. Those guys should have at least had alarms going off when they heard 4%!

I disagree.  I think the modest return is less suspicious than someone promising, say, a 100% profit.  Think about it, 4% isn't much, but with 150k, if it's a quick and guaranteed return, that's a decent amount of hookers and blow made with your capital.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 08:39:12 PM »
Really great points by shellshock here.

I appreciate it Mr Bread...

Apparently I am in the wrong business and if I had to do it all over again, i'd go to uK2 and get to be great friends with some basketball players then steal every cent they earn because they wouldn't even know what was happening until I was sitting in some foreign country sipping on top shelf booze on the beach.

Disclaimer: I'd never go to a crap school like uK2 because I have more class and pride in myself than to shame my entire family.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 08:40:55 PM »
Solid counterpoint by spracne. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 08:42:49 PM »

4% RETURNS

I disagree.  I think the modest return is less suspicious than someone promising, say, a 100% profit.  Think about it, 4% isn't much, but with 150k, if it's a quick and guaranteed return, that's a decent amount of hookers and blow made with your capital.

I think you're falling into the same trap here and probably need to get some help Spracne as I don't think you understand inflation. I'd be happy to help you though...just send me 150k and i'll teach you the ways

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 08:44:30 PM »
I'll be honest, I don't understand this shell shock guy yet.  Everything he posts goes right over my head.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 08:49:51 PM »
I'll be honest, I don't understand this shell shock guy yet.  Everything he posts goes right over my head.

I am a tough nut to crack my friend...

I'll give you some insight though: I'm a half shirt tucked in, half shirt loose and flying kind of guy. I love guns, women, 'Merica and am pretty right wing...no I don't mean todays representation of the Republican party; I'm talking about being Fiscally Conservative as a nation. I'm not old by any means but I sure feel old most of the time. I went to the greatest university in the US and eat/sleep/preach EMAW every day.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 08:50:13 PM »

4% RETURNS

I think you're falling into the same trap here and probably need to get some help Spracne as I don't think you understand inflation. I'd be happy to help you though...just send me 150k and i'll teach you the ways

It depends on the term of the investment, wouldn't you say?  If I was guaranteed a 4% return next month, I would gladly plop down $10 mil and leisurely purchase 2-3 blue chip recruits after recouping my capital.

Also, I can only do Western Union or MoneyGram.  I hope that works for you?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 08:52:07 PM »

I'll give you some insight though: I'm a half shirt tucked in, half shirt loose and flying kind of guy. I love guns, women, 'Merica and am pretty right wing...no I don't mean todays representation of the Republican party; I'm talking about being Fiscally Conservative as a nation. I'm not old by any means but I sure feel old most of the time. I went to the greatest university in the US and eat/sleep/preach EMAW every day.

you sound like kim carnes
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »

4% RETURNS

It depends on the term of the investment, wouldn't you say?  If I was guaranteed a 4% return next month, I would gladly plop down $10 mil and leisurely purchase 2-3 blue chip recruits after recouping my capital.

I'll have my accountant Prince Abdula send that right over to you...as he just got his capital back from some old lady that felt the need to help him.

I agree that short term, that's not bad...but this conversation (as I took it) was over a long period, hence why I argued about inflation.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2013, 08:53:50 PM »
4% returns is not the bad thing, it's that this dumbass only expected 4% return for an investment that is as believable as bill gates giving $1000 to everyone who shares some picture on Facebook.

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2013, 08:54:36 PM »

which is your favorite manufacturer of agricultural equipment?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 08:55:29 PM »

That is all really interesting.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2013, 08:56:04 PM »

oh snap! squawk test.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2013, 08:58:10 PM »

4% RETURNS

I'll have my accountant Prince Abdula send that right over to you...as he just got his capital back from some old lady that felt the need to help him.

I agree that short term, that's not bad...but this conversation (as I took it) was over a long period, hence why I argued about inflation.

You are also failing to consider the currency markets.  What if the Nigerian Naira accrues a highly favorable exchange rate over the U.S. Dollar during the term of the investment?  You could end up making hay.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2013, 11:02:31 PM »

It depends on what type of equipment it is. For years my family has had some old Oliver tractors which I like, but recently my favorite has been New Holland because of the new self propelled swather my family bought.

Overall though, I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the Farmall Cub.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2013, 12:04:11 PM »
So in usual fashion Phogtuck.net has convicted Blackman (hey man, 4% is 4%), and some kstatefan tuck brings up Tom Kivisto, of course the phogtucks immediately rally around Kivisto saying his only "sin" was bankrupting a company. 

I guess they didn't read the Freeh report to the Bankruptcy Court, which concluded that Kivisto and others:  Mismanaged Semgroup and related entities in a negligent manner, engaged in fraud and gave false information to a number of parties, engaged in conversion and wasteful actions with Semgroup (and related entities) assets resulting in unjust enrichment of themselves . . . complete failure in their fiduciary duties and breach of contract.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:34:46 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2013, 12:07:21 PM »
Who in the hell pulls out their checkbook and writes a check for $150K on this kind of deal for a 4% return?

That's a laughed right out of the room with a hearty eff off and a door slam to follow offer.

(clac)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »
Solid counterpoint by spracne.

They're going at each other like Ali and Foreman!  :horrorsurprise:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2013, 12:20:22 PM »
4% is actually about where gold appreciates in value on average, inflation is about 6%. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2013, 12:21:30 PM »

While our method of explaining all of that was a bit douchey, I like you and wouldn't mind being IRL friends. It's okay for IRL friends to call each other out for being douchey from time to time FYI
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2013, 12:23:39 PM »
If athletes are too rough ridin' stupid to take care of their money (Vince Young) then they don't deserve it. You don't need classes, it's called using your brain

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2013, 12:59:32 PM »
4% return on a $150k investment?  Might as well just put that money in an Ally bank savings account.