Author Topic: Vegas Pak  (Read 16564 times)

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Vegas Pak
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2023, 09:38:39 AM »
The last 6 minutes of the first half when Cam was on the bench with two fouls was very telling of how impactful he is. It went from 23-20 to 40-27 until Perry hit the buzzer at half.  Essentially for six minutes we got outscored 17-4.

Good observation. Sounds like Cam is a very important "glue guy" for our Wildcats this season.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2023, 09:40:14 AM »
Once Perry gets his shot back, that will open up a lot for the rest. If we shot a normal percentage last night we may have won.

We definitely seem to have a bunch of individuals who haven’t quite figured out where they all fit yet. I think this year is going to be fun because I anticipate a lot of team growth.

Also, Dai Dai and RJ have an opportunity to get a lot of PT and their growth will also be fun to watch.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2023, 09:40:53 AM »
I've never been a fan of sitting a guy with 2 fouls in the first, oscar was notorious for it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2023, 09:55:45 AM »
We lost because we shot 22% in the first half. We could have had a decent lead at the half.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Vegas Pak
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2023, 11:05:26 AM »
Good things were the play from the centers, first half rebounding and second-half Perry.

Bad things were second-half defense, first-half shooting, first-half sloppy ballhandling, Kaluma jump shooting (drive to the basket gottdamnit).
Cam was OK, but got himself in foul trouble. RJ and Dai Dai got their baptism. Manning and Rich didn't get enough minutes to make judgment.

Missed Tomlin big time and probably Glover, too.
I disagree that we missed tomlin that much.  we played well on the interior.  as a matter of fact, the biggest takeaway from this  crap show was that we’re not one dimensional in the paint.

this game was defined by our inability to keep up with their guards who put up almost 60 points against us.

we’re a new team but so is usc.

Tomlin minutes for the turnover prone and bricklaying Kaluma would have been a godsend.
art’s to% last night was only slightly worse than nae’qwan’s from last season (by half of a percentage point).

his problem last night was the same as everyone else’s, poor shooting

nae’qwan not playing last night had very little to do with our loss although it’s easy to place the blame on him and his replacement

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2023, 11:21:25 AM »
We lost because we shot 22% in the first half. We could have had a decent lead at the half.

They did a really nice job of taking away our ability to run a transition offense effectively.  We should be able to do that against a lot of teams better than we did last night.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2023, 11:51:57 AM »

They did a really nice job of taking away our ability to run a transition offense effectively.  We should be able to do that against a lot of teams better than we did last night.

Both of our teams did a good job of making a somewhat disjointed game.  It appeared that we were both forcing each other to play just a hair faster than able.  We got plenty of really good shots.  At no point did I feel like their D was smothering us.  We just rough ridin' sucked at percentage.  That will resolve itself.  If we played that game twice, we win the second one, IMO. 

Also, any given night, Collier won't be allowed his forearm shove and will be made much less dominant.  Boogie was great.

I think we have a shot at being really good, and I am not sure where the Kaluma hate is coming from.  I think he is going to be the guy when crap hits a wall. 

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2023, 12:29:50 PM »

Both of our teams did a good job of making a somewhat disjointed game.  It appeared that we were both forcing each other to play just a hair faster than able.  We got plenty of really good shots.  At no point did I feel like their D was smothering us.  We just rough ridin' sucked at percentage.  That will resolve itself.  If we played that game twice, we win the second one, IMO. 

Also, any given night, Collier won't be allowed his forearm shove and will be made much less dominant.  Boogie was great.

I think we have a shot at being really good, and I am not sure where the Kaluma hate is coming from.  I think he is going to be the guy when crap hits a wall.

For me, the negativity on Kaluma comes from reading too many Creighton fan opinions, which were basically confirmed last night (in this one game sample): dribbles too much, doesn't have a great handle, gets the ball stolen, settles for long range shots too much instead of driving, etc.

All of that happened yesterday. That said, he's clearly got talent/skill and as you said, we don't have a clear go-to guy when we need a bucket. Hopefully that'll figure itself out - I also think there's a good chance it's Kaluma by the end of the year (if not 1A, then 1B).

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2023, 01:07:19 PM »
He was incredible in the first 5 minutes and then really dropped off after that. Not sure if they guarded him different but he stopped getting to the rim and was settling for a lot of jump shots.  I think he will get better coaching from our staff than Mcneck's tho so I expect him to improve on his weaknesses a lot as season progresses.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2023, 03:18:50 PM »

It was a lot worse than that the first 15 minutes, yet we kept within 3 scores.