Author Topic: Anyone else here been the victim of a major scam?  (Read 16508 times)

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else here been the victim of a major scam?
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 07:04:22 PM »
Knee caps, tire iron, drainage ditch, etc.

To be honest, these types of thoughts have gone through my mind on a regular basis recently, but I have to keep reminding myself that the bible says to "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you".  It's actually a pretty hard thing to accomplish because it kind of goes against human nature.  I must admit I will be happy if he ends up getting jail time out of this, however. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Anyone else here been the victim of a major scam?
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 07:51:35 PM »
This guy was in the same class as me from kindergarten all the way through high school.  We never really hung out together back then, but I do remember specifically on the playground at recess he was the first person I ever heard say the word "eff".  I should have known that a kid who swears like a drunken sailor when they are in kindergarten is probably going to have lifelong character issues.

:sdeek: I posted somewhere else on this board that I called my kindergarten teacher a dumb bitch
:adios:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 08:00:31 PM »
I would think, given the value, that what he did qualifies as a felony. 

Also,  what is he feeding the hay to?  Just go tell hm that you will kill his mother if he doesn't square up. Offer to take his livestock as a downpayment.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 09:13:12 PM »
Deez nutz have you sold hay on credit before?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 09:31:22 PM »
Not very  :kstategrad:

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 09:34:57 PM »
Sounds like you're too big to fail.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 09:41:53 PM »

Also,  what is he feeding the hay to?  Just go tell hm that you will kill his mother if he doesn't square up. Offer to take his livestock as a downpayment.

Before he took the hay, I thought he owned cattle with his father.  After he took it, I found out that he did not even feed it, but rather had it directly shipped to a different buyer.  So he sold it and got his money within a day, and here I am weeks later with nothing.  The thing is, after the trucking expense he paid, the amount he realized from the resale is less than what he owes me for it to begin with.  So that tells me it had to have been a scam from the get go. 

Later he claimed that goats are what he and his dad raise, but I drove buy his dad's "farm", and all I saw was a run-down shack of a home that didn't even look like anyone was living there, a yard and pasture with junk strewn everywhere, and not a rough ridin' goat in sight.    :curse:

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 09:46:04 PM »
Deez nutz have you sold hay on credit before?

Yes, I have before and have not had any problems.  Thing is, it has never been that much at one time, and the other people have been honest, trustworthy people. 

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 09:56:38 PM »
I've never been scammed, but the other day I suckered some hayseed rube out of few thousand dollars worth of hay

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 10:08:05 PM »

Before he took the hay, I thought he owned cattle with his father.  After he took it, I found out that he did not even feed it, but rather had it directly shipped to a different buyer.  So he sold it and got his money within a day, and here I am weeks later with nothing.  The thing is, after the trucking expense he paid, the amount he realized from the resale is less than what he owes me for it to begin with.  So that tells me it had to have been a scam from the get go. 

Later he claimed that goats are what he and his dad raise, but I drove buy his dad's "farm", and all I saw was a run-down shack of a home that didn't even look like anyone was living there, a yard and pasture with junk strewn everywhere, and not a rough ridin' goat in sight.    :curse:

maybe they were at the movies?   :dunno:

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 10:39:15 PM »
A partial list of bullshit lies / excuses I have heard:

"The check is in the mail."

"Gee, I don't know why it's taking so long.  There must have been a delay in the mail service."

"Sorry I haven't been answering the phone all week.  I have been working on a project in Oklahoma and have not been home to get the old check canceled and send you a new one."

"If you don't get it by next Monday, I will come over and pay in person."

"Yeah I was going to come and pay on Monday, but I talked with the bank, and they said to give it a couple more days."

"Yeah I know we were supposed to meet in town yesterday, but my phone died on me and I couldn't call you to find out what time to meet."

"Well I came by your house yesterday to give you the check, but nobody answered the door so I just left."

"I don't know if you are aware of this, but we had a bunch of our goats stolen a few days ago, and it's been pretty hectic lately trying to track them down."

"We got so much snow here and the roads are bad.  I will get you paid just as soon as the roads clear up enough."

:jerk:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 10:43:59 PM »
I think you should keep on calling him asking where your money is, only start recording your phone conversations.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2013, 10:44:09 PM »
File a lien.  Then do the concrete thing.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2013, 11:20:11 PM »
I think you should keep on calling him asking where your money is, only start recording your phone conversations.

The most recent time we were supposed to meet and settle up was Friday, and after he failed to show up then, he has not bothered to answer the phone or return calls, so I don't think I will be able to record any future conversations.  However I did keep a written log of our past correspondence.  But it really doesn't matter because I already have plenty of proof to go to court with.  I have copies of the weight tickets from the guy he sold the hay to as well as testimony from the truck drivers if needed.  In fact, this guy also screwed over one of the truck drivers on some scrap iron that he took and never paid for last summer.  It was close to $2,000 worth of iron.  So that's at least three different people he has screwed over.  I know I can get a court judgement in my favor, but the question is whether I will ever be able to actually collect much if any of it.  After finding out about the $25,000 scam today, I at least feel confident that criminal charges are going to stick. 

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2013, 11:21:20 PM »
why don't the western kansas goemawers band together and threaten to cut this guy's dong off?  seems the least you could do

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2013, 11:25:55 PM »
why don't the western kansas goemawers band together and threaten to cut this guy's dong off?  seems the least you could do

This is what I fantasize about doing:

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:39:05 PM by Deez Nutz »

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2013, 05:44:35 AM »
A partial list of bullshit lies / excuses I have heard:

"The check is in the mail."

"Gee, I don't know why it's taking so long.  There must have been a delay in the mail service."

"Sorry I haven't been answering the phone all week.  I have been working on a project in Oklahoma and have not been home to get the old check canceled and send you a new one."

"If you don't get it by next Monday, I will come over and pay in person."

"Yeah I was going to come and pay on Monday, but I talked with the bank, and they said to give it a couple more days."

"Yeah I know we were supposed to meet in town yesterday, but my phone died on me and I couldn't call you to find out what time to meet."

"Well I came by your house yesterday to give you the check, but nobody answered the door so I just left."

"I don't know if you are aware of this, but we had a bunch of our goats stolen a few days ago, and it's been pretty hectic lately trying to track them down."

"We got so much snow here and the roads are bad.  I will get you paid just as soon as the roads clear up enough."

:jerk:

:facepalm:  'splains a lot.  Should've been hounding the crap out of him after the first excuse.  Srsly, inform the local sheriff dept., contact county attorney, then confront the guy with everything you've done and see if he coughs up the cash.  Some times a little :curse: can get good results, unless he's nuts and it can get you shot.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Anyone else here been the victim of a major scam?
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2013, 05:53:38 AM »
I bet trim could help you with this

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2013, 07:21:33 AM »
Sounds like he is all hat and no cattle.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2013, 07:24:44 AM »
I have to keep reminding myself that the bible says to "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you".

that's a good verse Deez Nutz

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2013, 07:49:09 AM »
you should sue him now and get a judgement against him before others do.  i'm guessing he doesn't have a dime to his name right now, but at least you will have dibs on any dime he may make in the future and will be able to garnish his wages to get some of your milo money back.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2013, 08:56:44 AM »
you should sue him now and get a judgement against him before others do.  i'm guessing he doesn't have a dime to his name right now, but at least you will have dibs on any dime he may make in the future and will be able to garnish his wages to get some of your milo money back.

Deez, this is great advice.  Joking aside, you should do this.

I think it is diff in other types of sitch's, but I think first in is first paid.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2013, 09:32:41 AM »
That is good advice and I will be filing suit tomorrow since I have been out of town the past few days.  Also, I am supposed to meet with the sheriff tomorrow to provide the weight tickets, etc., and he said he will personally go over there and charge the guy.  Hopefully he does not go on the run before that, but at least I got the guy's tag number in case they need it.  I will keep you all posted on how it ends up playing out. 

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2013, 10:29:19 AM »
LOL at "Milo Hay" and someone just giving a bunch away to some broke dick in BumfaEgypt Western, KS.  Deez Nuts are you interested in buying any bridges or swamp land?  Come on man... 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2013, 10:51:38 AM »
LOL at "Milo Hay" and someone just giving a bunch away to some broke dick in BumfaEgypt Western, KS.  Deez Nuts are you interested in buying any bridges or swamp land?  Come on man...

Actually, swamp land does not sound too bad after the drought we have had the past two summers.  The reason I had to cut it for hay instead of grain in the first place is due to the drought.