Author Topic: Electric dog fence  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Electric dog fence
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 08:33:11 AM »
You should just build a bigger fence.  My dog has never climbed over my 6 ft fence.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Electric dog fence
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 08:39:33 AM »
A 4 ft fence is just really short. Ben ji, are you sure that your dog is climbing the fence and not just jumping over it?

Yup, I watched it climb it. Little girl puts her front paws on the top of the fence then uses her hind legs to literally climb up the fence until she's at the top then she jumps into the neighbors yard.

I always leave her in the back yard when I take a shower in the morning and she was in the neighbors yard again when I got out of the shower today.

The neighbor usually leaves the back door to their garage open so their dog can go in and out as it pleases. Lady takes this as an invitation to go into their house....On saturday morning I let her out in the backyard and when I realized she was in the neighbors yard I went out in my robe to get her. Just then my neighbor came walking out of his back garage door in his robe with lady and asked me if I was missing something.  :D

It was pretty adorable...I told him once the snow melts I would put in an electric fence and he was cool about it.