Author Topic: If Frank was here this year...  (Read 16637 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: If Frank was here this year...
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2013, 02:44:56 PM »
Spot on. I truly believe this would be an up and down .500 team with frustration and head-scratching moments with Frank around.

Really?

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2013, 03:07:42 PM »
:dnr:
Pussy!
How about you save this for after the season so I can enjoy this basketball season. k thanks.
We're getting too cuddly around here. Someone has to throw a curve ball.

I agree with WC (Aka Fanning). Frank would've lost to Huggins in Morgantown too and OSU too

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Re: If Frank was here this year...
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2013, 03:31:56 PM »
Hmm, interesting topic, fanning. I wonder why no one has brought it up before?
Yeah, if I luke'd this I'm sorry. But no one would start a thread like this on here cause we all loved frank and  many want to ignore the negatives that came with frank cause he was so successful/likeable.

what can I say? you're a maverick, fanning.
I know you're being facetious, but :gocho: anyway.
o/u 3 for how many times fanning edited to re-write facetious.
It was 3. Spell check wouldn't pop it up on my phone (cause I was so far off) so I had to google it.  :gocho:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2013, 03:52:11 PM »
Frank would have been swept by KU and lost @ ISU.  In addition, I say Frank would have lost one of the OU games and one of the WVU games, putting us at 21-7 (10-5).  I think Frank would probably win 2 of the remaining 3, to finish 23-8 (12-6). 

We would be a solid NCAA team, top 4 in Conference, never a threat to compete for the conference title.  basically, par for the course.  very nice season.  we'd be horse whipped in the Conference Tourny and probably be a round of 32 team, maybe sweet 16. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2013, 03:55:58 PM »
Frank would have been undefeated. Putting us at 28-0 (15-0). Would have been so much fun!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2013, 04:05:01 PM »
Glad to see that michigancat can punch the numbers correctly.  Locking up the conference this early would've been fantastic.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2013, 04:06:48 PM »
Glad to see that michigancat can punch the numbers correctly.  Locking up the conference this early would've been fantastic.

ooh, just ran a few more simulations, and it turned out Frank would have taken us to the Final Four, too! Yowza!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2013, 04:14:22 PM »
Frank would have intentionally lost the T-tech game to 'teach' Angel a lesson. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2013, 04:15:55 PM »
Oh crap. I just ran my numbers. Looks like Frank would have suspended 3 players for half the season, would have slapped sweet shane in the face while holding him back from shooting,  finished 4th, and got knocked out in the round of 32 to Wisconsin by the score of 36-32. What a pickle!

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2013, 04:37:10 PM »
I'm just happy South Carolina is getting their money's worth.   :excited:
@lopakman

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2013, 06:11:06 PM »
I can without a doubt say as a 100% accurate hypothetical fact that Frank would be undefeated this season with these KSU 'qats minus Spradling (which is what the team would've hypothetically been).  Now lets say Sprads, hypothetically, learns to get along with Frank in this hypothetical season.  If thats the case, Frank is hypothetically still one game better than oscar.

Offline westcoast_emawer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2013, 06:17:32 PM »
How would we score the ball without the motion offense we run? How would we get open looks, get to the lane. Frank sure as hell never worked on the skill and form of shooting and scoring a basketball with any of the guys. No developmental with offensive skills.

Would Shane Southwell and the entire team be shooting in the 40's from 3pt? How would we score? This was always the problem with Frank's teams. Fortunately Frank had a couple guys that will have banners in the rafters who could create and score to bail out his horseshit offense. There are none of those guys on this team, yet this is the best K-State team we have had since the reincarnation of KSU bball.

Defensively under Frank we fouled and played hard, but stupid. Simply put, fouls negate hustle and the ability to stop your opponent. We never forced teams to make their lesser players score the ball. We do now (with the exception of McLemore's game). No we score and are able to conistently stop teams under Frank this year.

I firmly believe we get swept by KU, ISU, OU, OSU, and split with Baylor, WVU and probably Tejas. 500 at best.

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2013, 06:33:11 PM »
I can without a doubt say as a 100% accurate hypothetical fact that Frank would be undefeated this season with these KSU 'qats minus Spradling (which is what the team would've hypothetically been).  Now lets say Sprads, hypothetically, learns to get along with Frank in this hypothetical season.  If thats the case, Frank is hypothetically still one game better than oscar.

no way, sarcasm duly noted.
"He's in Shape !"

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2013, 06:38:57 PM »
Lets not forget Lowery. Two head coaches on the bench with previous success. Perhaps its a combination that is destined to win.

I liked Frank. I liked his brand. He wanted to run at times and also changed up defenses with half court traps. But NO effing way he and Brad have this team at 23-5 on 02/25/13. Not a chance. BID can SABOD.
"He's in Shape !"

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2013, 06:59:46 PM »
How would we score the ball without the motion offense we run? How would we get open looks, get to the lane. Frank sure as hell never worked on the skill and form of shooting and scoring a basketball with any of the guys. No developmental with offensive skills.

Would Shane Southwell and the entire team be shooting in the 40's from 3pt? How would we score? This was always the problem with Frank's teams. Fortunately Frank had a couple guys that will have banners in the rafters who could create and score to bail out his horseshit offense. There are none of those guys on this team, yet this is the best K-State team we have had since the reincarnation of KSU bball.

Defensively under Frank we fouled and played hard, but stupid. Simply put, fouls negate hustle and the ability to stop your opponent. We never forced teams to make their lesser players score the ball. We do now (with the exception of McLemore's game). No we score and are able to conistently stop teams under Frank this year.

I firmly believe we get swept by KU, ISU, OU, OSU, and split with Baylor, WVU and probably Tejas. 500 at best.

You're an idiot.  We would score/win like we did last year but with more experience (also no numbers going in the rafters from that team).  Also, against a conference with more dogshit teams.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2013, 07:34:53 PM »
This is really all you need to know:

Frank:
13-23 vs better teams (36%)
100-29 vs worse teams (77%)

oscar:
2-4 vs better teams (33%)
20-1 vs worse teams (95%)

mocat, repost your research using categories that allow crossyear comparisons (good teams and bad teams, not better teams and worse teams).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2013, 07:36:47 PM »
his recruiting at K-State is starting to ratchet up as well.

:cyclist:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2013, 07:38:53 PM »

This is the same kind of logic that Illinois fans used when Weber took over for Self. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2013, 08:32:54 PM »
Weber should just leave for a different school every year where the team is left with a lot of talent. Maybe he'll be at KU next year when Self leaves for the NBA.  :dunno:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2013, 09:36:12 PM »
Weber should just leave for a different school every year where the team is left with a lot of talent. Maybe he'll be at KU next year when Self leaves for the NBA.  :dunno:

If he's smart, he will use his success this season to do just that.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2013, 10:39:50 PM »
Frank would have rough ridin' murdered gonzaga

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2013, 10:40:23 PM »
Really amazing how people who I would not characterize as dumb can't see the limitations in Franks coaching abilities,  I mean nobody has any problem with liking the guy, he is a great guy.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2013, 10:47:59 PM »
Frank would have rough ridin' murdered gonzaga

And meatchicken ( I see you bread :gocho:)
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline westcoast_emawer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2013, 10:51:36 PM »

You're an idiot.  We would score/win like we did last year but with more experience (also no numbers going in the rafters from that team).  Also, against a conference with more dogshit teams.

Explain to me how the Big XII is dogshit if KU, ISU, OU, OSU are better versions than the previous season? What was our record vs. those teams last year? 1-7? This year, 4-3 about to be 5-3. Hate on Weber all you want, but Frank was a rough ridin' hack. Gonzaga would have beat us by 40 with Hack Martin coaching.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2013, 11:01:03 PM »

Explain to me how the Big XII is dogshit if KU, ISU, OU, OSU are better versions than the previous season? What was our record vs. those teams last year? 1-7? This year, 4-3 about to be 5-3. Hate on Weber all you want, but Frank was a rough ridin' hack. Gonzaga would have beat us by 40 with Hack Martin coaching.

Frank sucks.  but KU is not better than last year.