Author Topic: The last time oscar was in his first year with a new team  (Read 6896 times)

Offline phoenix

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: The last time oscar was in his first year with a new team
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2013, 09:48:10 PM »
do you really mean to tell me you're claiming townsend doesn't have a shady past and hasn't been paying players for years?

I'm not claiming that.  I was referring to your claim he paid Sherron, no proof of that happening.  Before you ask, yes I have read your long post about the history of bill Self's cheating and in there there is no proof other than your speculation about Sherron.

ya i guess you're right.  i don't have a picture of the scumbag handing sherron a bag of cash.

it makes complete sense that when bill self was looking for an assistant it was townsend's impeccable employment history that made him so attractive.

All I am saying is that all of this with Sherron is purely speculative.  Nothing wrong with having suspicions, but to try and pass them off as fact when there is no evidence is pretty petty and disingenuous in my mind.

the oscar/sherron/aau crap is speculative.  the idea that oscar was unable to recruit local talent is wrong. in 2011 he signed a class ranked 11th nationally, including 4 top 100's, all from the chicago area.

there's no disputing kurt townsend's history and there's nothing petty or disingenuous about acknowledging it.

actually it's well known and documented and you just proved my point: weber didn't have a decent class with players from chicago until 2011.  he still lost all the best players pretty much during his time there.

There were and still are coaches that will not recruit Chicago.  There are just way too many handlers, etc. up there.  The word was that Shaka Smart and others did not want to come to Illinois because of the Chicago issue.  Then there are some who have no problem with diving into the Chicago scene. 

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2013, 09:52:14 PM »
a high character guy like oscar won't touch chicago.  He should be commended for that.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2013, 10:09:22 PM »
what an embarrassing thread (not yosh, of course).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2013, 10:49:53 PM »
yeah, bump

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2013, 11:20:51 PM »
where did #teamburnitdown go?  i miss their preemptive rantings and ravings

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The last time oscar was in his first year with a new team
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2013, 11:24:50 PM »

#BID did this through tough love and department wide PI motivation. Puppet masters.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The last time oscar was in his first year with a new team
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2013, 11:42:07 PM »

#BID did this through tough love and department wide PI motivation. Puppet masters.

Team BID and FYBS are basically the main reasons MHK has to go through all the lengthy processes to rename the city Titletown.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: The last time oscar was in his first year with a new team
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2013, 11:45:30 PM »

Team BID and FYBS are basically the main reasons MHK has to go through all the lengthy processes to rename the city Titletown.

100%accurate

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: The last time oscar was in his first year with a new team
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2013, 12:27:25 AM »

100%accurate

Its a good thing the NBAF is going to flood the economy with cash because we're gonna need a bunch of new signs.