Poll

Will the Cyclones beat the Jayhawks? (if you are wrong, pretend you get murdered)

YES
78 (53.8%)
NO
67 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 143

Author Topic: Can the Cyclones beat the Jayhawks? I say no rough ridin' chance (Now a POLL!)  (Read 39419 times)

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Here is what is going to happen: 

Iowa State will control the game the entire way, maintaining a 4-7 point lead throughout, but they will never be able to put the Jayhawks away. 
Late in the game the Hawks will make a run and get to within 3 with the ball and 3.4 seconds left.
Fred Hoiberg, clearly learning his lesson after the debacle that was Ben McLemore banking in a last second shot in the first game against Kansas, tells his team to foul the ballhandler as KU brings the ball up the court.
Chris Babb does as his coach instructs him to, but Naadir Tharpe simoultaneously throws up a prayer from half court that swishes through the net as the whistle blows and the game clock hits zero.  As the Hilton Coliseum crowd explodes the "Cyclone Noise Meter" on the jumbotron with a chorus of boos, Tharpe calmly hits the free throw.  Insanity ensues.

Holy hell that would be insane.  I would be all like  :excited: :dance: :horrorsurprise: :runaway: simultaneously.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
I want it for you, GCJayhawker    :cheers:.  Also because Cyclone Fanatic would be just an absolute treat to read tomorrow
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I want it for you, GCJayhawker    :cheers:.  Also because Cyclone Fanatic would be just an absolute treat to read tomorrow

:cheers:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
KU guy just called into the college sports show on Sirius college sports station and said "I kind of feel bad for KU literally murdering TCU this weekend".

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
KU guy just called into the college sports show on Sirius college sports station and said "I kind of feel bad for KU literally murdering TCU this weekend".

:facepalm: He must not know what literally means. Stupid fans

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
You guys! I hope the Cyclones win tonight.  :surprised:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

definitely worth the trade-off :flush:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
I vote Cyclones win.  1st big Monday in awhile, ku does not do well at perimeter defense while ISU shoots >40% threes.  ku has an inside game going, but the defensive effectiveness of Withey is minimal because 'Clones don't want to spend a lot of their possessions going inside. 

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile

definitely worth the trade-off :flush:

Don't worry MIR, the Jayhawks will lose to Baylor.  Big 12 Champs!    :emawkid:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What, are we voting for what we want to happen, or what will happen? I'm pretty sure those won't be the same thing.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
I voted no.  I have a feeling KU will dutch oven "the flood" tonight. 

Potential Tuesday headline:

"KU Bleaches Moldy Clones"
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not a chance, Iowa State never does well in their Superbowl (see: Farmageddon football)

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
So heard about a Holly Rowe tweet saying the Hilton court was slippery and KU managers were using court grip on the bottom of shoes.  Are the stormies trying to cheat or is this just a byproduct of constant flooding?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So heard about a Holly Rowe tweet saying the Hilton court was slippery and KU managers were using court grip on the bottom of shoes.  Are the stormies trying to cheat or is this just a byproduct of constant flooding?

I think they might use some substance to water-proof their court that leaves a slippery residue. I wouldn't put it past them to cheat, either. They are really good fans, so they should be able to boo their way to better calls and really take advantage of a slick court.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hilton magic, baby. rough ridin' black mold is pretty much the same thing as black ice.

Offline bunter

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm not a good poster.
    • View Profile
    • Investigate 3/11
I want to change my answer to "it depends on whether the music guy at ISU plays 'thunderstruck' which always sends the Hawks into a scoring frenzy because they love it"

They played it at GIA and KU immediately felt at hoe and went on a huge run.

If they play it we'll finally be able to prove the Big XII suits fix games for KU

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Hilton magic, baby. rough ridin' black mold is pretty much the same thing as black ice.

I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick

The bus was late gettin to Ames because of the weather and the team didn't have time to get loose.

ISU has never made more than 10 3's in a game in their lives, totally lucky.

The refs were clearly on the take, the Big XII should investigate.

I have never been as embarrassed as I am right now of my team.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
40% chance Cyclones win. IMHO.

Probably about right. ISU has down a good job as far as playing KU close in recent years and they are a pretty damn good team at home. I'm guessing ISU either gets blown out or wins a tight game.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
Will we even beat Tech? JFC  :facepalm:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Stellarcat

• Fan
    • View Profile

I think they might use some substance to water-proof their court that leaves a slippery residue. I wouldn't put it past them to cheat, either. They are really good fans, so they should be able to boo their way to better calls and really take advantage of a slick court.

We slid all over that floor when we played there.  Cheaters!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
SELF GETS A T!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
SELF GETS A T!