Author Topic: Shame Yourself  (Read 338431 times)

Offline Rob_Cassidy

• Fan
  • patchy bearded douchebag in Miami
    • View Profile
Re: Shame Yourself
« Reply #2700 on: December 21, 2015, 06:38:53 PM »
i think it's okay to root for a team of the place you live if you're a transplant.  especially if the place you moved from doesn't have a team in that particular league.

Let me get a ruling on this:

I've never really been a hockey fan. Never had a team or anything like that, but the sport looks rad. All my other sports allegiances were formed as a New York resident (Knicks, Mets). Now I sorta want to get into hockey, but it seems silly to root for the Islanders just because I'm from there. Especially when my current city has a team of its own. Can I take up Florida Panthers fandom as a transplant this late in life?

I can see both sides here. 

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: December 21, 2015, 06:40:32 PM »
i think it's okay to root for a team of the place you live if you're a transplant.  especially if the place you moved from doesn't have a team in that particular league.

I've never really been a hockey fan. Never had a team or anything like that, but the sport looks rad. All my other sports allegiances were formed as a New York resident (Knicks, Mets). Now I sorta want to get into hockey, but it seems silly to root for the Islanders just because I'm from there. Especially when my current city has a team of its own. Can I take up Florida Panthers fandom as a transplant this late in life?

Doing whatever you want is acceptable in this instance.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: December 21, 2015, 10:05:28 PM »
The answer is lightning
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: December 22, 2015, 08:02:29 AM »

Can't you be a fan of both, one based on where you grew up, and one based on where you live?  Maybe a 60/40 split so the Islanders get the tie breaker in the head to heads? They only play twice this year, and one has already passed.

Unless you're a 100% devoted kind of guy. In which case I would go with the local team, because that was "your team" when you got interested in the sport.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: December 22, 2015, 08:45:49 AM »

i think adopting the team where you live at the time you start caring about the sport is acceptable in this case.

HOWEVER i reserve the right to PI someone if for example they grew up in let's say Houston and magically started caring about baseball when they moved to Boston and started cheering for the Red Sox.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: December 22, 2015, 09:40:06 AM »
It is most fun to be a big time obnoxious Islanders fan when they come to town and casual Lightning/Panthers fan the rest of the time.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: December 22, 2015, 10:43:22 AM »
rob, the Florida Panthers are probably the least lovable sports team in pro sports. dont root for them.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: December 22, 2015, 12:06:30 PM »
It is most fun to be a big time obnoxious Islanders fan when they come to town and casual Lightning/Panthers fan the rest of the time.

In Sunrise, FL, half the people at Panthers games are going to be Islanders or Rangers fans anyway...
:adios:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: January 22, 2016, 11:46:11 AM »
for a majority of my life, i thought the Golden State Warriors were in like, New Jersey or somewhere northeast.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: January 22, 2016, 11:52:03 AM »
 :lol:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: January 22, 2016, 12:02:26 PM »
Someone left an extra QT breakfast pizza in the kitchen for someone to have. I was like "Man, i've been really good this week, I don't need that". I then walked away. I went back into the kitchen 5 minutes (coffee) later and it was still there and I decided to take it this time.  :frown: It had a gravy base, cheese, eggs, sausage, bacon, etc. I'm a monster!  :cry:

The Big Train

« Reply #2711 on: January 22, 2016, 12:42:06 PM »

Someone left an extra QT breakfast pizza in the kitchen for someone to have. I was like "Man, i've been really good this week, I don't need that". I then walked away. I went back into the kitchen 5 minutes (coffee) later and it was still there and I decided to take it this time.  :frown: It had a gravy base, cheese, eggs, sausage, bacon, etc. I'm a monster!  :cry:

What time did this happen?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: January 22, 2016, 12:43:03 PM »
You drank a cup of coffee in 5 minutes?  :sdeek:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: January 22, 2016, 12:46:13 PM »

What time did this happen?
9:30 am

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: January 22, 2016, 12:46:41 PM »
You drank a cup of coffee in 5 minutes?  :sdeek:
I went to the kitchen to get water initially.

The Big Train

« Reply #2715 on: January 22, 2016, 12:50:26 PM »
So it was less than 5 minutes?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: January 22, 2016, 12:54:47 PM »
there is no way in pluperfect hell that i would eat the discarded remains of someone's gas station breakfast pizza

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: January 22, 2016, 12:58:13 PM »
It was a full pizza. It hadn't been touched.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: January 22, 2016, 01:00:27 PM »
Someone just laid down a full pizza and didn't even take a slice for themselves?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: January 22, 2016, 01:04:35 PM »
Someone just laid down a full pizza and didn't even take a slice for themselves?
It was a slice of pizza in a box by itself. Idk why they changed their mind on eating it, but they put it where the charity food pile goes at work.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: January 22, 2016, 01:05:08 PM »
It was a slice of pizza in a box by itself. Idk why they changed their mind on eating it, but they put it where the charity food pile goes at work.

:sdeek: this needs its own thread

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: January 22, 2016, 01:05:34 PM »
what, like for the crippled children?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: January 22, 2016, 01:10:07 PM »
WTF is a charity food pile? How is it piled up? Like just boxes on top of boxes? Or just like a cookie on top of a sandwich on top of a pizza on top of some bagels?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: January 22, 2016, 01:11:07 PM »
You stole from charity?  :sdeek:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: January 22, 2016, 01:19:54 PM »
Guys, it wasn't for charity. Ppl bring in snacks, bake stuff, chips and salsa, etc. and place in on a table it our kitchen for everyone to have. They treat us very well here. Anything on that table is free game.