Author Topic: How do we treat Huggins?  (Read 16178 times)

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
Re: How do we treat Huggins?
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2013, 09:29:09 PM »
If you sat through every rough ridin' home game from 1996 - 2000, you will show Bob Huggins the love he deserves for hot-wiring the Corvette that was Beasley, Walker, Pullen, Sutton, and leaving the stolen ride with a tank full of gas and a Cuban getaway driver.  You will cheer the man loudly.   You will offer him prima nocta. Then you will cheer your Cats to victory.

I say the above is great...pre-game.  But Boo the F out of him (and the refs) during the game.  Post-game you can smile and wave or some crap, but leave it at that.
Kansas City SEO consulting.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2013, 09:31:06 PM »
If you sat through every rough ridin' home game from 1996 - 2000, you will show Bob Huggins the love he deserves for hot-wiring the Corvette that was Beasley, Walker, Pullen, Sutton, and leaving the stolen ride with a tank full of gas and a Cuban getaway driver.  You will cheer the man loudly.   You will offer him prima nocta. Then you will cheer your Cats to victory. 

Can the judges rule on the following.

Part of me gets this and I will in the least clap politely at the beginning when Bob comes out and is introduced. I will remember the fun of his opening press conference and 10 win Big 12 season.

But during the game when he starts to bully the refs, I will boo loudly and remember the way he left us in what seemed like an impossible situation that thank goodness Frank was able to manage successfully. Otherwise Bob could have easily set back K-State basketball to be just as bad as it was when he arrived.

:dunno:

I can't imagine how much statistical analysis and break down goes into a _fan booing but I bet it is one of the best boo's ever.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline JesusShuttlesworth

• Fan
    • View Profile
How do we treat Huggins?
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2013, 09:33:21 PM »

I say the above is great...pre-game.  But Boo the F out of him (and the refs) during the game.  Post-game you can smile and wave or some crap, but leave it at that.

Deal.

Offline Mauser

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2013, 09:55:38 PM »
eff him

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2013, 12:47:57 AM »
Favorite Huggs interview early in that 06-07 season.....

Jack Harry on 38 the spot in KC - "So when are you going to get this thing turned around?"

Bob - "March"

:cheers:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2013, 12:54:29 AM »
Favorite Huggs interview early in that 06-07 season.....

Jack Harry on 38 the spot in KC - "So when are you going to get this thing turned around?"

Bob - "March"

:cheers:

Huggs. The beginning of the good times.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: How do we treat Huggins?
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2013, 12:59:20 AM »
Yawn, don't care. Yawn.
Then why do you post on the basketball board?

I honestly don't know where to start with this post.
Say something mean about Huggins. Something that beems would cry about if you said it about Self.

:lol:

Also, golf clap, anger (not necessarily at Bob), TCOB, LOLCoalAggie.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
How do we treat Huggins?
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2013, 03:49:11 AM »

Can the judges rule on the following.

Part of me gets this and I will in the least clap politely at the beginning when Bob comes out and is introduced. I will remember the fun of his opening press conference and 10 win Big 12 season.

But during the game when he starts to bully the refs, I will boo loudly and remember the way he left us in what seemed like an impossible situation that thank goodness Frank was able to manage successfully. Otherwise Bob could have easily set back K-State basketball to be just as bad as it was when he arrived.

:dunno:

I can't imagine how much statistical analysis and break down goes into a _fan booing but I bet it is one of the best boo's ever.

And it's tempo free. _FAN has a very elite eBOO%.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2013, 06:54:29 AM »
Ask him where his purple compression shirt is.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2013, 09:34:29 AM »
Why settle for clapping when booing is available?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2013, 09:44:45 AM »
Why settle for clapping when booing is available?

^^^^ THIS ^^^^  would make for an INCREDIBLE sign in the student section tonight!!

Amirite, or amirite?!?!

:ksu:
bears are fast...

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2013, 09:55:38 AM »
I'm torn on this issue.  On the one hand, I love that fat bastard.  On the other, I see his syphilis induced dementia has set in during his elder years and feel sorry for the old bastard.

I personally feel that if you are not on #teamAngel, #teamKSU or #teamEMAW then a classic tea-bag is in order.  A pre-game clap for Huggy Bear is in order, but I feel the KSU nut sack should be firmly placed on the Huggy Bear's chin during the game.

:teabag:
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2013, 10:02:03 AM »
I'm torn on this issue.  On the one hand, I love that fat bastard.  On the other, I see his syphilis induced dementia has set in during his elder years and feel sorry for the old bastard.

I personally feel that if you are not on #teamAngel, #teamKSU or #teamEMAW then a classic tea-bag is in order.  A pre-game clap for Huggy Bear is in order, but I feel the KSU nut sack should be firmly placed on the Huggy Bear's chin during the game.

:teabag:

Nailed it.  :thumbs: #nutsonchin

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2013, 10:45:19 AM »
"YOU BROUGHT THE WATER, BOB, BUT WHERE'S THE SCOTCH!!"

Offline SPE_khat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2013, 11:39:33 AM »
    JasonKingESPN Jason King
    RT @BlairKerkhoff: Bob Huggins: "I'd never have left Kansas State for any place other than West Virginia."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2013, 11:46:22 AM »
Jason King trying to suck up to us now.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2013, 11:46:47 AM »
If someone rapes you and leaves you for dead and you don't die and end up leading a good life, you don't thank them for raping you and leaving you for dead when you see them.

Terrible analogy. KSU was already raped and left for dead, and then this drunk guy stumbled onto us and helped us to our feet. But before he could carry us, he moved on to help his parents, who also had been raped and left for dead. He left his Cuban assistant to carry us the rest of the way. But yeah, eff that guy right? GMAFB

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2013, 11:47:50 AM »
If someone rapes you and leaves you for dead and you don't die and end up leading a good life, you don't thank them for raping you and leaving you for dead when you see them.

This. He wanted Frank & Co. to follow him to Morgantown (including Greenawalt & all that)

LOL at all of the tucks that are going to give him a warm welcoming. Bob could've gave two sh1ts about us after he left

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2013, 11:49:03 AM »
    JasonKingESPN Jason King
    RT @BlairKerkhoff: Bob Huggins: "I'd never have left Kansas State for any place other than West Virginia."

Yeah, I don't hate him because I believe that.  I could be naive.

I understand why people are really mad, though.  I've just had a lot of fun since he was hired, so I do give him a lot of credit for that.

I remember when we were finishing out Wooly's last season, and I was having a conversation with my Dad about who KSU should hire, I said, "Bob Huggins."  It was really surreal when I saw it on the crawl.  I vividly remember everything about those first few weeks because it was so great.

I'm not 100% over how he left, but man, that was so much fun.  Frank was pretty fun, too.

I can't hate over that.  It's really been a treat the last seven years.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2013, 11:50:15 AM »

This. He wanted Frank & Co. to follow him to Morgantown (including Greenawalt & all that)

LOL at all of the tucks that are going to give him a warm welcoming. Bob could've gave two sh1ts about us after he left

How dare a coach that leaves want his assistants to go with him  :shakesfist:

My take on Bob Huggins is I appreciate what he did for our program and know we wouldn't be where we are without him.  That said, I hope he loses a lot.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How do we treat Huggins?
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2013, 11:50:45 AM »
    JasonKingESPN Jason King
Pretty easy to say that when you can't be proven otherwise.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2013, 11:51:57 AM »
you guys act like booing and being angry at someone is some chore or something. it should be the default setting for all of our fans towards everyone ever. you have to earn not beeing boo'd, not the other way around.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2013, 11:52:42 AM »
you guys act like booing and being angry at someone is some chore or something. it should be the default setting for all of our fans towards everyone ever. you have to earn not beeing boo'd, not the other way around.

CHECK <--- Bob Huggins

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How do we treat Huggins?
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2013, 11:54:55 AM »
    JasonKingESPN Jason King

I believe Huggie. If I was working for another university that I liked and K-State came calling, I'd leave tire tracks right over my grandmother for the job in Manhattan. I'd feel mildly bad about leaving that other school, but yeah. I'd be so gone.

I can't imagine feeling that way about WVU, though. Sounds like a really gross place what with its toothless, couch-burning fans. But different strokes, I guess.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: How do we treat Huggins?
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2013, 11:56:50 AM »
    JasonKingESPN Jason King

I believe Huggie. If I was working for another university that I liked and K-State came calling, I'd leave tire tracks right over my grandmother for the job in Manhattan. I'd feel mildly bad about leaving that other school, but yeah. I'd be so gone.

I can't imagine feeling that way about WVU, though. Sounds like a really gross place what with its toothless, couch-burning fans. But different strokes, I guess.
And your grandma would probably hate you when you came back to town.