Author Topic: KSU Booze Cats  (Read 569520 times)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Re: KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #1125 on: May 28, 2013, 02:36:12 PM »
I live how delusional Shocker fans are. They lost basically every game to teams that reached the tournament, didn't even win their own shitty conference, Had to win the MVC tournament to qualify, got swept by KSU, are the four seed, and yet it's their regional to lose. How many four seed have ever advanced to the super regional round? I'm guessing very few.

Their delusion is right up there with tigerboard's.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 28, 2013, 05:06:51 PM »

KU's clubhouse is over twice as large as K-State's.  Hoglund's capacity is about 2,600, while Tointon's is 2,300, and like you said, KU's new videoboard is one of the nicest in the country.  Seriously, though, congrats on hosting the regional.  It's a very big accomplishment for a baseball program that didn't even have an NCAA tournament appearance until 2009.

#FARMHUMPIN  :ksu:
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: May 28, 2013, 05:17:32 PM »
Anyone know if they are adding more bleachers or seats to accomodate the large crowds this weekend?

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 28, 2013, 06:35:16 PM »
Yes they were putting up aluminum bleachers today on the third base side.
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 28, 2013, 06:36:21 PM »
How much are tix??
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 28, 2013, 07:55:33 PM »
How much are tix??

K-State athletics officials announced the following ticket purchase options:

All-Session Tickets (good for all games of the tournament)
• Reserved Chairback $70
• Reserved Bench $50
• Adult General Admission $40
• Student/Youth General Admission $25. K-State students and children ages 18 and under are eligible to purchase Student/Youth tickets

Individual-Session Tickets
• Reserved Chairback $15
• Reserved Bench $12
• Adult General Admission $10
• Student/Youth General Admission $8

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 28, 2013, 09:54:05 PM »
I live how delusional Shocker fans are. They lost basically every game to teams that reached the tournament, didn't even win their own shitty conference, Had to win the MVC tournament to qualify, got swept by KSU, are the four seed, and yet it's their regional to lose. How many four seed have ever advanced to the super regional round? I'm guessing very few.

Stony Brook made it all the way to Omaha as a 4 seed last year.  But, to your point, it doesn't happen very often as they were only the third 4 seed to ever win a regional.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: May 29, 2013, 12:49:50 AM »

Stony Brook made it all the way to Omaha as a 4 seed last year.  But, to your point, it doesn't happen very often as they were only the third 4 seed to ever win a regional.

Totally forgot about SB, that was a really neat story. Still, the odds are against a 4 seed advancing.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: May 29, 2013, 07:40:17 AM »
Just want to welcome all WuShuck fans, goEMAW isn't a ban-o-matic board with a laundry list of rules.   So go ahead and tell us what you think.

Unless your name is Tim. Then eff Off.

Offline dontfeedthebear

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: May 29, 2013, 07:58:34 AM »

Totally forgot about SB, that was a really neat story. Still, the odds are against a 4 seed advancing.

The other notable 4 seed was Fresno State a couple years ago...and they won it all.  It was compared to a 16 seed winning the basketball tourney.  No idea who the 3rd 4 seed was.  But, you know, it's Wichita's regional to lose.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 29, 2013, 08:29:06 AM »

The other notable 4 seed was Fresno State a couple years ago...and they won it all.  It was compared to a 16 seed winning the basketball tourney.  No idea who the 3rd 4 seed was.  But, you know, it's Wichita's regional to lose.
Was at two of their games in Omaha.  Second to last season in Rosenblatt iirc.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: May 29, 2013, 09:00:08 AM »
I have family in town from Georgia who want to watch the boozecats on Friday but not any other day. Someone tell me how I can make this happen in the easiest and cheapest possible way, please.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: May 29, 2013, 09:01:37 AM »
just an FYI for anyone worried about coming to the CWS in Omaha because Rosenblatt is such a horrible dump and in such a shitty location: The new stadium is super nice and in a good location.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: May 29, 2013, 09:39:10 AM »
yup because omaha a doesn't suck any less or more than omaha b

newsflash for the uninformed:  omaha sucks :lol: 
my buddy just moved there from goodland and calls it facepalm city, he doesn't even call it omaha

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 29, 2013, 09:42:12 AM »
facepalm city
:love:

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: May 29, 2013, 11:26:38 AM »
just an FYI for anyone worried about coming to the CWS in Omaha because Rosenblatt is such a horrible dump and in such a shitty location: The new stadium is super nice and in a good location.
Rosenblatt was amazing.  SD must have just went with puds when he watched games there.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 29, 2013, 11:32:03 AM »
So when the Cats mow through our regional with the Arkansas inbreds, Bear's cousin, and the losery WUShocks we have a super regional to attend.  Oregon State is the obvious favorite and host so that could be our destination.  My plan is for those old Big12 friends of ours from A&M to upset the Beavers so we can host a super regional on our road to Omaha.  UCSB and UTSA are both in their regional too so maybe one of them wins?

Who would you most like to host in our Super Regional?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 29, 2013, 11:47:34 AM »
Rosenblatt was amazing.  SD must have just went with puds when he watched games there.

I went there with the same puds I go to the current games with so I've controlled for that.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: May 29, 2013, 11:58:02 AM »

I went there with the same puds I go to the current games with so I've controlled for that.

How many tents can we fit in your lawn, SD? 

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: May 29, 2013, 03:24:44 PM »

The other 4 seed was Missouri.  Even when they do something notable, no one remembers.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: May 29, 2013, 03:29:41 PM »

How many tents can we fit in your lawn, SD?

about a million

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: May 29, 2013, 03:33:40 PM »

The other 4 seed was Missouri.  Even when they do something notable, no one remembers.

Who?

Offline smith1051

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: May 29, 2013, 05:43:35 PM »
yup because omaha a doesn't suck any less or more than omaha b

newsflash for the uninformed:  omaha sucks :lol: 
my buddy just moved there from goodland and calls it facepalm city, he doesn't even call it omaha

:lol:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: May 29, 2013, 07:30:24 PM »
I'd rather forfeit than allow white trash pig aggie fans into our upscale community.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1149 on: May 29, 2013, 09:03:21 PM »
Well, maybe ku can host a regional track meet once they get that new track someone else will own for the next 50 years built.

Butthurt much?  Where is this rage even coming from?

Why do you think everything is directed at you?   You've been on an affirmation/validation rampage for over a week and yet you keep telling us we're butthurt.

Sorry, just didn't see how KU's new $39 million Rock Chalk Sports Complex (privately leased over 30 years so KU can sell alcohol and host concerts and other events on the premises) had anything to do with K-State baseball.  Now I realize you're just butthurt that K-State's baseball facilities are so pud, and that KU's new track complex will host national track meets and national track & field championships.

The only thing ku has on K-State on the baseball side is a videoboard.   Otherwise, tiny little pressbox, no suites, NASCAR metal bleachers with "fancy" brick support columns. 

You also need to read the details on that lease and who controls what in terms of the profit centers on that new track facility, and it's far from a forgone conclusion that ku will be hosting any "national meets".

KU's clubhouse is over twice as large as K-State's.  Hoglund's capacity is about 2,600, while Tointon's is 2,300, and like you said, KU's new videoboard is one of the nicest in the country.  Seriously, though, congrats on hosting the regional.  It's a very big accomplishment for a baseball program that didn't even have an NCAA tournament appearance until 2009.

JFC  :facepalm:

Tell me you don't actually believe anything you've posted here.

Why are KU fans so excited for what is essentially Cico Park?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd