Author Topic: KSU Booze Cats  (Read 569029 times)

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
Re: KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #1100 on: May 27, 2013, 01:16:00 PM »
Watch out for my surrogate team, Oregon State.  The Beavs have a dynamite baseball team this year, fellas!

:love:

Hope to see them in the Super Regionals!  I imagine they would host, so you could catch a game or two.    :cheers:

:tsc:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 27, 2013, 02:24:46 PM »
http://shockernet.net/forum/showthread.php?15963-WSU-vs.-KSU-REGIONAL-Game-Thread-Friday-2-PM-CST-on-ESPNU

Welcome WuShuck Fans.

They remind me of tigerboard.

No, nothing can top the delusion of a former middling Big 12 athletic program, now a current and perpetual middling SEC athletic program.

:tsc:

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 27, 2013, 02:43:03 PM »
Some guy will walk and their fans will stand up and yell in unison, "FIRST DOWN".

Laughed a little when I read this post

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 27, 2013, 05:07:08 PM »
They are mean you guys.

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 27, 2013, 05:25:51 PM »
They are mean you guys.

I have registered over there and will start creating a dialogue to see if we can be best buds or to see if they really are as dumb as Mizzou fans and the Jayhawks
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 27, 2013, 05:29:39 PM »
How did those losers get such an awful RPI?

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 27, 2013, 08:00:05 PM »
Oh dear the shocker board just talked smack on the big 12 conference and they brought up LaSalle too.

Did you guys know that K-State had 282 First Downs last year and Wichita State had 0!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a life changing statistic guys!!!
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: May 27, 2013, 08:16:00 PM »
Mid major commuter schools with no football are just the worst.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: May 27, 2013, 08:34:41 PM »
At least those poor bastards how a decent basketball team to beat off to in their parents basement.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #1110 on: May 27, 2013, 08:37:48 PM »
At least those poor bastards how a decent basketball team to beat off to in their parents basement.

I hear they call it "Circle Shocking."

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 27, 2013, 10:03:30 PM »
Well, maybe ku can host a regional track meet once they get that new track someone else will own for the next 50 years built.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 28, 2013, 12:01:44 AM »
Well, maybe ku can host a regional track meet once they get that new track someone else will own for the next 50 years built.

You know who else has a sweet track around their "football" field? WSU.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 28, 2013, 12:43:31 AM »

You know who else has a sweet track around their "football" field? WSU.

I suspect the track meets Cessna Stadium (WSU) hosts draw more attendees than KU football. Seems logical, considering the state of KU "football."

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 28, 2013, 08:08:20 AM »

bahahaha

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 28, 2013, 10:19:56 AM »
Some of my favorite quotes on Shockernet:

Even though KSU swept WSU this year and is the host team:

This regional will be either won by wsu or Arkansas. Why - because both these teams have good pitching is better than KSU. Pitching wins championships.

This is just stupid:

Again, be prepared for a very embarrassing lack of knowledge following the purple pushers around if you head up there. It won't be pretty.

LOL:

I propose that if WSU and Arkansas face each other that the game be moved to Wichita, Larry Dumont Stadium or to the Eck. The K-State Athletic Department can still come down to pick up the trash and wash dishes afterwards.

This one is by far my favorite:

This is WSU or Arkansas' regional to win...I know nothing about Bryant, but who knows. KSU has zero experience when it comes to winning a regional and believe it or not that is going to have a lot to do with who wins and who loses. I'm not even sure if KSU has ever won a game in the post season period.

What KSU does have going for them is this weekend could be Brad Hill's opportunity to show the WSU higher ups that he has what it takes to run a program like ours, with real facilities fanbase and money for that matter. I imagine he only makes a fraction of what Gene's making.

We have zero experience when it comes to winning a regional, but we have guys on the roster that have played in the NCAA tournament. Nobody on WSU's roster has played in an NCAA tournament, yet they have more experience. And lol at Brad Hill going to WSU. That would be HUGE step down from KSU.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 28, 2013, 11:11:21 AM »
A little disappointed the game is at 2 on Friday and I wont be able to make it to MHK for the game.  The good thing is this game is on ESPNU so I might have to take off work a tad early to watch.  FalloonPAK?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
KSU Bat Cats 2013:
« Reply #1117 on: May 28, 2013, 11:38:43 AM »
I am gonna watch it. :cool:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 28, 2013, 11:45:18 AM »

Butthurt much?  Where is this rage even coming from?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 28, 2013, 12:52:41 PM »

Why do you think everything is directed at you?   You've been on an affirmation/validation rampage for over a week and yet you keep telling us we're butthurt.

Sorry, just didn't see how KU's new $39 million Rock Chalk Sports Complex (privately leased over 30 years so KU can sell alcohol and host concerts and other events on the premises) had anything to do with K-State baseball.  Now I realize you're just butthurt that K-State's baseball facilities are so pud, and that KU's new track complex will host national track meets and national track & field championships.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: May 28, 2013, 12:56:48 PM »

Why do you think everything is directed at you?   You've been on an affirmation/validation rampage for over a week and yet you keep telling us we're butthurt.

Sorry, just didn't see how KU's new $39 million Rock Chalk Sports Complex (privately leased over 30 years so KU can sell alcohol and host concerts and other events on the premises) had anything to do with K-State baseball.  Now I realize you're just butthurt that K-State's baseball facilities are so pud, and that KU's new track complex will host national track meets and national track & field championships.

:kugoalposts:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 28, 2013, 01:06:08 PM »

Wait'll Brad gets better facilities!

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: May 28, 2013, 01:38:25 PM »
I live how delusional Shocker fans are. They lost basically every game to teams that reached the tournament, didn't even win their own shitty conference, Had to win the MVC tournament to qualify, got swept by KSU, are the four seed, and yet it's their regional to lose. How many four seed have ever advanced to the super regional round? I'm guessing very few.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 28, 2013, 01:53:34 PM »
I live how delusional Shocker fans are. They lost basically every game to teams that reached the tournament, didn't even win their own shitty conference, Had to win the MVC tournament to qualify, got swept by KSU, are the four seed, and yet it's their regional to lose. How many four seed have ever advanced to the super regional round? I'm guessing very few.

Brad's team could easily piss this away.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 28, 2013, 02:01:00 PM »

The only thing ku has on K-State on the baseball side is a videoboard.   Otherwise, tiny little pressbox, no suites, NASCAR metal bleachers with "fancy" brick support columns. 

You also need to read the details on that lease and who controls what in terms of the profit centers on that new track facility, and it's far from a forgone conclusion that ku will be hosting any "national meets".

KU's clubhouse is over twice as large as K-State's.  Hoglund's capacity is about 2,600, while Tointon's is 2,300, and like you said, KU's new videoboard is one of the nicest in the country.  Seriously, though, congrats on hosting the regional.  It's a very big accomplishment for a baseball program that didn't even have an NCAA tournament appearance until 2009.