Author Topic: KSU Booze Cats  (Read 572611 times)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: KSU Booze Cats
« Reply #6075 on: April 01, 2022, 09:37:07 PM »
Gregory are the cats going to go unfeated in conference play this year?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: April 02, 2022, 12:29:33 AM »
10 walks and 3 errors  :Yuck:

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: April 02, 2022, 09:46:28 AM »
We need more arms

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: April 02, 2022, 10:18:51 AM »
12 runs on 7 hits.

FFS

I watched the whole game (what an exciting life I live).    I've not seen any two innings like that since little league days.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: April 02, 2022, 10:30:31 AM »
Some notable things about the team this year i'm seeing/hearing in practice.

Jackson Wentworth is a stud, frankly the best raw pitching prospect we have ever had in the program.  Dude is only gonna get better. Has a Mid 90 fastball that smokes anything in it's path. Oh and he is only a freshman  :comehere:

German Fajardo is gonna be a part of our setup/closing rotation and we will be closing games out a lot, (This team has already a much better OBP AND OPS+ through fall ball than last years squad did so he won't be saving many!!!  :driving:) expect to see some nasty 1-2-3 combos come this spring, three headed monster type stuff.

The Big 12 Tournament will be taking place as of this year at Globe Life Field for the forseeable future, if goEMAW wants to pitch in for a suite I totes would and you should too. BatCat's are gonna be the shining non revenue sport for the next 4 years, happy to have you all here as Hughes will be reaching heights not even Dave Baker and Earl Woods dreamed of...

Hughes is building a giant, I will be sharing more tidbits throughout winter ball as well as advanced analytics. Have a great day everyone.

Just gonna put this here for now, Greg. I'm a patient guy so I'll wait for this 3 headed monster  :impatient:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: April 03, 2022, 09:30:35 AM »
Some notable things about the team this year i'm seeing/hearing in practice.

Jackson Wentworth is a stud, frankly the best raw pitching prospect we have ever had in the program.  Dude is only gonna get better. Has a Mid 90 fastball that smokes anything in it's path. Oh and he is only a freshman  :comehere:

German Fajardo is gonna be a part of our setup/closing rotation and we will be closing games out a lot, (This team has already a much better OBP AND OPS+ through fall ball than last years squad did so he won't be saving many!!!  :driving:) expect to see some nasty 1-2-3 combos come this spring, three headed monster type stuff.

The Big 12 Tournament will be taking place as of this year at Globe Life Field for the forseeable future, if goEMAW wants to pitch in for a suite I totes would and you should too. BatCat's are gonna be the shining non revenue sport for the next 4 years, happy to have you all here as Hughes will be reaching heights not even Dave Baker and Earl Woods dreamed of...

Hughes is building a giant, I will be sharing more tidbits throughout winter ball as well as advanced analytics. Have a great day everyone.

Just gonna put this here for now, Greg. I'm a patient guy so I'll wait for this 3 headed monster  :impatient:
Hello, one of these arms is hurt for the forseeable future and we also are without terrance spurlin the best hitter on this teams and all defensive firstbasemen. We are hoping to have him back in the next few weeks.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: April 03, 2022, 09:32:54 AM »
https://twitter.com/kstatebsb/status/1510366545549172736?s=21&t=VCeTVhEgNnOl-LVNzzDZxw

We should be talking about this guy, new all time HR leader in school history. Hit two yesterday, sits at 39 all time. Also pitched out of the pen yesterday to close the game after playing first all game before that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: April 03, 2022, 10:59:18 AM »
First off, Dylan is a bonafide stud.   Will go down as one of the best athletes ever at K-State. 

While I get the injuries are not helping right now.   It just means that a team like K-State has got to button down and execute on the little things even more and this team doesn't do that, and Pete Hughes baseball from what I've seen so far does not do that.   In addition to their weird timing on pulling pitchers, coupled with their tendency to bunt using some of their best hitters.    I know Hughes is one of those "bunting puts pressure on the defense in college baseball" guys, but come on.

I am likely going to have 27 straight innings of K-State baseball on my TV today, as it's green winter down here right now, and I'm not in much of a mood to be outside, even though it's a lovely day.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: April 03, 2022, 11:25:07 AM »
First off, Dylan is a bonafide stud.   Will go down as one of the best athletes ever at K-State. 

While I get the injuries are not helping right now.   It just means that a team like K-State has got to button down and execute on the little things even more and this team doesn't do that, and Pete Hughes baseball from what I've seen so far does not do that.   In addition to their weird timing on pulling pitchers, coupled with their tendency to bunt using some of their best hitters.    I know Hughes is one of those "bunting puts pressure on the defense in college baseball" guys, but come on.

I am likely going to have 27 straight innings of K-State baseball on my TV today, as it's green winter down here right now, and I'm not in much of a mood to be outside, even though it's a lovely day.
We haven’t bunted in three games Dax

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: April 03, 2022, 11:51:36 AM »

I'm talking about an overall trend, maybe they've finally learned their lesson.

You avoided all the other points.

Anyway, we're staring down the barrel of an 0-12 conference start.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: April 03, 2022, 11:57:14 AM »

I'm talking about an overall trend, maybe they've finally learned their lesson.

You avoided all the other points.

Anyway, we're staring down the barrel of an 0-12 conference start.
So far, we have changed the following,

Baserunning strategy
Lineup optimization
And Shift strategy.

While I agree pitching changes make zero sense at times the pen is so new they are looking for guys to just have good outings at this point.

Lot of the guys here have added pitches to their arsenal, just have had rotten luck. Only so much analytics can do but yes I agree guys gonna have to button down and make some magic happen.

Hope today is different, have a good day Dax

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: April 03, 2022, 12:15:15 PM »
 :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: April 03, 2022, 01:12:11 PM »
:crossfingers: :crossfingers:
Right as i say we haven’t bunted in three games we lay a bunt down in the 1st christ

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: April 03, 2022, 03:26:33 PM »
Tune in nerds!

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: April 03, 2022, 03:44:21 PM »
Just absolutely crushing these Stillwater idiots.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6090 on: April 03, 2022, 03:50:43 PM »
Just absolutely crushing these Stillwater idiots.
Buncha mouthbreathers

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: April 03, 2022, 04:09:12 PM »
7-2 itssa dub

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: April 03, 2022, 04:24:02 PM »
Watched all but the last couple of innings. 

Averaged over 2000 a game for the series.   As a comparison that’s double what KU avg this weekend.

Kstate people want good baseball.

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: April 03, 2022, 04:35:05 PM »
How about those Booze Cats!  Great crowd on hand today.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: April 03, 2022, 04:41:51 PM »

Averaged over 2000 a game for the series.   As a comparison that’s double what KU avg this weekend.

Of course we do dax, we want nothing more than to be good

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: April 03, 2022, 11:01:12 PM »

Doesn't hurt that tickets were only $3 a pop.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: April 03, 2022, 11:02:28 PM »

Doesn't hurt that tickets were only $3 a pop.

True, but people still have to want to go.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: April 04, 2022, 07:44:33 AM »
yesterday was a good example of why ESPN+ is a good thing. perfect day to just throw on cats baseball in the background.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: April 08, 2022, 08:08:29 PM »
Cats up 3-1 in the 6th.  They have a former player trying to down a big steak during the game.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: April 08, 2022, 08:15:36 PM »
Why tf did we pull Hassel there?