Author Topic: KSU Booze Cats  (Read 572548 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KSU Booze Cats 2015
« Reply #4925 on: February 23, 2017, 07:59:49 PM »
So does Brad have this thing turned back around?

Offline 09emaw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: February 23, 2017, 08:34:42 PM »
I was not in Columbia for the game but listened to the whole game online.

The Cats started early with both Thompson and Wodtke drawing walks to start the game. Jake Scudder had the game of the season and it started in the first inning with a rbi double that scored Thompson. Wodtke scored on a sac fly, a Rolette single scored Scudder, and Rolette latered scored on a bases loaded walk. The cats put up a 4 spot in the first. The only other noteable offensive inning was the 4th where Scudder hit a 2 run homer to put them up 6-2. Scudder went 3 for 3 with a walk, 3 rbis and scored 2 runs.

Pitching wise Colton Kalmus started the same as last week when he walked the only two batters he faced. South Carolina loaded the bases in the first inning but couldnt score a run. Kalmus got out of the second inning only allowing one base runner before giving up a 2 run homer in the 3rd. Kalmus was replaced by freshman Caleb Littlejim in the top of the 4th who gave up 2 hits and committed an error before being ejected for a foreign substance on his arm, announcers never knew what it was, but my team source told me it was sunscreen. Jared Marolf came in with the bases loaded and induced a ground ball double play that scored the runner from third before striking out the next batter to end the inning. Marolf got 2 quick outs in the bottom of the 5th before giving up 3 hits and a hit batsman that scored 2 runs. Nick Jones came in and did what hes done all season and got us out of the jam. Jones got three up three down in the 6th and got 2 quick outs in the 7th before giving up two hits and being yanked for Zubradt. Zubradt, who recorded the win against ohio state on sunday, walked the next batter on four pitches. Zubradt left with 2 outs and the bases loaded. Freshman Kasey Ford took the mound and induced a deep fly ball out to end the inning. Ford then struck out the first 2 batters in the 8th before being relieved by senior closer Jordan Floyd who got the third out with a fly ball to the outfield. Floyd returned for the 9th and gave up 1 hit, struck one out and induced two ground balls to end the game. Floyd recorded his 3rd save of the season in as many opportunities. Marolf was credited with the win.

This wasn't only a huge win for K-State but a huge win for the conference that needed to show that we are more than just TCU, Tech, and OSU. Cats have no time to rest though, they return to action tomorrow at 1pm central time to take on undefeated St. John's.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: February 23, 2017, 09:40:05 PM »
how do baseball players always have names that make you say "yup, baseball player"?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: February 23, 2017, 09:51:12 PM »
how do baseball players always have names that make you say "yup, baseball player"?

White people.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: February 23, 2017, 09:53:37 PM »
had not thought about that before.  mind blown.  they must be stopped.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: February 24, 2017, 08:35:05 AM »

I'm pretty stoked about that win yesterday.  I've turned all my K-State energy from basketball to baseball and spring football practice. 

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: February 24, 2017, 10:25:39 AM »

I'm pretty stoked about that win yesterday.  I've turned all my K-State energy from basketball to baseball and spring football practice.

This. I wish they played more SEC teams and stuff, cause watching on WatchESPN at work yesterday was p. rad. Would like to be able to do that more.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: February 24, 2017, 03:21:29 PM »
Ccored 2 in the first to take a 2-0 lead. St. Johns has now scored 9 straight.

Down 9-2 in the 8th.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: February 24, 2017, 03:33:30 PM »
It's baseball, I didn't listen today, but it seemed like we mowed through a bunch of pitchers yesterday.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: February 24, 2017, 03:35:52 PM »
if that's true that he got ejected for sunscreen that's amazing

Offline 09emaw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4935 on: February 24, 2017, 04:14:40 PM »
Didn't get to listen to a lot of the game today, work got in the way.  What I did see is our Cats with a letdown after a big win last night. Conner Rule had a tough time behind the plate at keeping balls in front of him today. Brogan Heinen made his second start of the season giving up 4 runs (2 earned) in 5 innings of work took the loss. The Cats did burn a lot of pitchers last night and as a result we pitched our non pitching regulars in relief. Will Brennan (our regular LF) made his first appearance on the mound this season, the left handed freshman threw two innings and gave up two runs. Brennan may pitch on a semi regular basis as we have a severe lack of left handed pitching on the roster, outside of Brennan, Rigler and Floyd are our only lefty pitchers. Freshman Tom Skoro is redshirting this year.
Brennan was subbed by Tyler McKay who has had a difficult start to his K-State career, after giving up 3 runs in 2/3 an inning in the season opener, gave another 3 runs (2 earned) in two innings of work this afternoon, he did improve as two of the runs came from a home run in the top of the 8th.  Hopefully we have saved our pitching arsenal for the final two games of the weekend. Sorry not as detailed as usual, work happens.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: February 25, 2017, 03:03:27 PM »
Just had a great 6th inning to go ahead of Liberty 7-2.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: February 25, 2017, 08:19:22 PM »

It's pretty common, pitchers use that stuff to doctor up the baseball. The scene with Eddie in major league is legit.

Offline 09emaw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: February 25, 2017, 08:56:12 PM »
Cats take advantage of Liberty errors on the way to 8-2 win.
I know Liberty doesnt sound like a sexy win but they do have wins over Kansas and Kentucky already this season. Justin Heskett went 5 strong innings giving up two runs, both of which were unearned. The Juco transfer from Fresno City College pitches for contact and has given up a higher number of hits than our other pitchers but does a good job at making big pitches in big spots. Nick Jones came in and pitched an uneventful sixth after Heskett gave up a double to the leadoff man. Jones is a senior, i believe i called him a junior in a previous post. Freshman Tyler Eckberg pitched the last 3 innings. The freshman from Minnesota appears to be a strong strikeout pitcher tossing 5 Ks in three innings moving him to 9K in 6 innings on the season without giving up an earned run.

Offensively there were 4 stanouts. Freshman leftfielder Will Brennan went 2-4 knocking in the first 2 runs of the game and scoring a run himself. Quinton Crandall also had a 2 hit 2 run game and Junior Hanz Harker hit his first wildcat homerun with a solo shot in the seventh. The offensive player of the game was senior Steve Serratore who had 2 hits one being a grandslam in the 6th.
Cats have brunchtime rematch with Liberty tomorrow, first pitch is 10am central time.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #4939 on: February 26, 2017, 09:59:31 AM »
Scudder, Crandell, and Serratore seem to have a lot of multihit games. Go cats!
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: February 26, 2017, 02:30:29 PM »
6-2 record through 2 weekends, with a couple pretty good wins.

Really good start for a cold weather program.

Offline 09emaw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: February 26, 2017, 05:13:17 PM »
Gutsy performance gets Cats passed Liberty 4-3.
This was the very type of game that we found a way to lose last season. We already have one more one run win this season than we did all of last season.

Offensively nothing really stood out today other than our ability to manufacture runs. The Cats notched their first run in the first inning, when cam thompson had a leadoff single, a Wodtke groundout advanced Thompson, who scored on a Scudder single. The cats didnt score again until the 5th when the Cats loaded the bases to start the inning. An Eithier strikeout and Thompson hitting a grounder to second that appeared to be a taylor made double play seemed like it would end the inning, but Thompson's speed beat the throw from second allowing one run to score. Hanz Harker later scored on a wildpitch. The 6th inning began with a Scudder leadoff double, who advanced to third on a wild pitched and scored on a Rolette single.

Senior Parker Rigler started on the mound and gave up 3 singles to the first 4 batters he faced with one run scoring. Rigler settled down for a little bit until the 4th when he walked/beamed 4 of the first 5 batters, walking in a run. Rigler then induced an inning ending doubleplay.
Rigler pitched 5 innings giving up 2 earned runs, 4 hits, 4 walks, and got the win. Freshman Kasey Ford replaced Rigler for the start of the 6th inning. He threw a scoreless inning and 2/3 giving up a walk, a hit, and striking out one. Nick Jones subbed Ford and gave up a hit in 2/3 an inning before being relieved by closer Jordan Floyd who got in trouble in the 9th after recording two quick outs. Floyd gave up a single, who advanced to second on a wild pitch that ended up scoring on an error. Floyd had a runner on second when he induced a game ending grounder. Floyd recorded his 4th save of the season.

There was no reason for Kstate to win this game tonight, Liberty out hit us 8 to 6, drew 3 more walks, and left 5 more runners on base. These are the type of games we need to continue to win if we want to have a succesful season.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: February 26, 2017, 06:22:07 PM »
Going to be ranked?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: February 26, 2017, 06:54:57 PM »

Offline 09emaw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: February 26, 2017, 07:20:43 PM »
Going to be ranked?

We won't be ranked, we might receive some votes. We'll probably have to win 7 of the next 8 to be ranked. Eastern Illinois who we play this weekend is 1-6, anything short of a sweep will hurt our rankings. Northwestern State is average at best. UC Riverside seems legit that will be our next chance to impress voters.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: February 27, 2017, 02:17:19 PM »
Also, our pitcher just got ejected after ump felt up his arm

Huh?  Did our guy have a reservoir of Vaseline up his jersey sleeve or something?  Drugs?

Something about pine tar or rosin, idk
@Trogdor_gE

Offline 09emaw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: February 28, 2017, 10:49:13 AM »

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: March 01, 2017, 10:36:36 PM »

It's pretty common, pitchers use that stuff to doctor up the baseball. The scene with Eddie in major league is legit.

I don't think it's very common at all, and sunscreen isn't going to give you an edge.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: March 02, 2017, 09:23:54 PM »

I don't think it's very common at all, and sunscreen isn't going to give you an edge.

Well that's because you're a dipshit.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/it-s-always-sunny--sources-say-sunscreen-trick-is-pitchers--latest-way-to-gain-an-edge-173953962.html

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: March 02, 2017, 10:10:12 PM »
That's quite interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk