Author Topic: KSU Booze Cats  (Read 572922 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: KSU Booze Cats 2014
« Reply #3775 on: April 08, 2014, 09:20:17 PM »
 :gocho:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Matt Siebrant's Left Hand

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm a Cat person
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: April 09, 2014, 12:02:34 AM »
Watching the reply of the game right now on TimeWarner (just got back from the Royals game) with Mike Clark and Smoller discussing the possibility of moving the college baseball a month to alleviate the advantage warmer weather states have (SEC, Big West, Pac12) over the states that have winter.

Things I found intriguing:
1. Big 12 coaches voted unanimously, in an informal poll, in favor for the one month push. :surprised:
2. Big 10 might have more than 2 teams make the tourney.  :Lurk:
3. Conference games mid April-June, uh hello summer staycation you lucky townies.  :Woohoo:
4. CWS over the 4th of July.  :Carl:
5. Push for Iowa State to get baseball back???   :Lurk:

I think this will also help beer sells, imo.

But seriously, this would be amazing if it were to happen. 

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: April 09, 2014, 12:05:32 AM »
Watching the reply of the game right now on TimeWarner (just got back from the Royals game) with Mike Clark and Smoller discussing the possibility of moving the college baseball a month to alleviate the advantage warmer weather states have (SEC, Big West, Pac12) over the states that have winter.

1. Big 12 coaches voted unanimously, in an informal poll, in favor for the one month push. :surprised:
3. Conference games mid April-June, uh hello summer staycation you lucky townies.  :Woohoo:

Increased beer sales would seal the deal for me.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: April 09, 2014, 12:39:30 AM »

Makes sense to me.   Curious how baseball fits in with the Title IX stuff with ISU.   Seems like they're subbing baseball for wrestling and that's not going to change.   :dunno:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: April 09, 2014, 07:54:56 AM »

FATTYFEST

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3780 on: April 09, 2014, 08:45:14 AM »

I think this would benefit the student athletes since it would mean missing fewer classes during the spring semester.  :D

Another thought would be to reduce the number of games. 56 or whatever it is in the regular season seems like a lot. The NCAA could easily knock that down to about 48 to push the season back 2 weeks without having to extend the season.  :th_twocents:

A lot of college players play in summer leagues (or the minors if they are drafted) as soon as the season ends. Pushing things into July would cause some problems there...

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: April 09, 2014, 09:10:46 AM »
can anybody with HKSTVIQ explain why the last few games have had the option to watch or listen to the game, but when you click to watch there is no video?  If its on kansas now 22 or whatever does that mean they can't stream it on the website?  If audio is the only option I wish they wouldn't get my hopes up by presenting the streaming video option.

Also, dunno what changed, but last season it seemed like I was able to get just about every purpleboozeqhatz game on DirecTV and i'm not sure if there has even been 1 yet this season.  :frown:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: April 09, 2014, 07:06:39 PM »
I have the same issue with watching video on kstatehd.tv, fwiw.

While i agree that an outdoor sport would be better served if all of its participants were able to begin practice at the same time, it would be unprecedented (i believe, factCats?) for regular season competition to extend that far into the non-scholastic segment of the year.   Sure student athletes wouldn't have to contend with class any longer, but what about the things that usually busy student athletes in the summertime?  I know my company has hired members of the basketball team to work as summer interns and while Frank had a fit about them missing some voluntary workouts over the summer, they was ultimately allowed to take the position.  One of which now works for us full time.   So, in this scenario, how would a baseball player expect to explore work opportunities like his peers if hes expected to fulfill scholarship obligations all summer?   It might be an edge case, but its worth thinking about.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: April 09, 2014, 07:22:28 PM »
Score updates plz
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: April 09, 2014, 07:28:44 PM »
Score updates plz

Last I saw, 6-5 cats, 7th inning

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: April 09, 2014, 07:45:15 PM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: April 09, 2014, 07:52:13 PM »
Keep 'em coming, totally can't listen. :feelsbadman:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: April 09, 2014, 07:59:05 PM »
8-5 sb

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: April 09, 2014, 08:30:54 PM »
10-6, Cats win.

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: April 09, 2014, 08:30:56 PM »
Suck it Huskers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: April 09, 2014, 09:58:50 PM »
Suck it Huskers

Huskers bullpen supposedly has been owning the past 2 weeks except for when we played.  Also possibly good news but I think we've faced the 2 best pitching staffs in the big 12.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

The Big Train

« Reply #3791 on: April 09, 2014, 10:10:44 PM »
 :ksu:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: April 09, 2014, 11:03:32 PM »
Suck it Huskers

Huskers bullpen supposedly has been owning the past 2 weeks except for when we played.  Also possibly good news but I think we've faced the 2 best pitching staffs in the big 12.

KU has one of the two best staffs in the conference?!   Weird.    :sdeek:

Online wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: April 09, 2014, 11:14:25 PM »
Suck it Huskers

Editing because i read this wrong, but talking to a few people the starting top 3 could probably be considered, however middle relief is iffy.

sent from my phone while in the crapper

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm a Cat person
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: April 09, 2014, 11:16:43 PM »
Suck it Huskers

They returned their whole weekend rotation from last year.

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm a Cat person
    • View Profile
« Reply #3795 on: April 09, 2014, 11:22:49 PM »
I have the same issue with watching video on kstatehd.tv, fwiw.

While i agree that an outdoor sport would be better served if all of its participants were able to begin practice at the same time, it would be unprecedented (i believe, factCats?) for regular season competition to extend that far into the non-scholastic segment of the year.   Sure student athletes wouldn't have to contend with class any longer, but what about the things that usually busy student athletes in the summertime?  I know my company has hired members of the basketball team to work as summer interns and while Frank had a fit about them missing some voluntary workouts over the summer, they was ultimately allowed to take the position.  One of which now works for us full time.   So, in this scenario, how would a baseball player expect to explore work opportunities like his peers if hes expected to fulfill scholarship obligations all summer?   It might be an edge case, but its worth thinking about.
uh, what? They just enroll in 6 hours or more of summer classes vs going to play summer ball for the Hays Larks or Rossville Rattlers. Baseball players don't have time for internships anyway. I'd argue it has the the biggest time commitment of all the olympic college sports.

To go off what TownieCat said, yes, an argument against this would be minor league/rookie ball leagues. There are fall leagues, though.   
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:30:16 PM by Matt Siebrant's Left Hand »

Online wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: April 09, 2014, 11:23:11 PM »
Suck it Huskers

Was the friday guy the best of the rotation?  I asked beems, but holding true to form he ran around mocking the board for ku post and got in a pissing match with daxwhile ignoring a real question.  So it remains a mystery that i dont feel like looking up.  I know Duncan absolutely owned us.

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm a Cat person
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: April 09, 2014, 11:29:10 PM »
Suck it Huskers

Was the friday guy the best of the rotation?  I asked beems, but holding true to form he ran around mocking the board for ku post and got in a pissing match with daxwhile ignoring a real question.  So it remains a mystery that i dont feel like looking up.  I know Duncan absolutely owned us.

Usually the Friday guy is the "ace", yes.

I feel like Griep possesses the ability to be our ace-He currently starts Sundays. Last year Mavhoris started Fridays but it was Flattery who started game 1 vs Oregon St in the supers due to his inconsistencies toward the end of the year.

Online wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: April 09, 2014, 11:36:02 PM »
Suck it Huskers

Usually the Friday guy is the "ace", yes.

I feel like Griep possesses the ability to be our ace-He currently starts Sundays. Last year Mavhoris started Fridays but it was Flattery who started game 1 vs Oregon St in the supers due to his inconsistencies toward the end of the year.

I figured he was the ace, but i know rotations can get moved around a little.  If he's better than the other two, ive always been a believer with 3 very good pitchers you could do some serious damage in a season.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: April 09, 2014, 11:36:58 PM »
Our offense is too streaky right now. Some days we just go off and others we stuggle mightily to score, like Saturday and Sunday against KU and yesterday and WSU. We really need to be more consistent.