Author Topic: Things to do in Key West if elite fishing trip gets cancelled due to weather  (Read 1409 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Looks like I am going in April.  Flying in early Friday, fishing all day sat, flying back out late sunday.

Lets say that the fishing gets cancelled due to weather(have had this happen before elsewhere).  Assuming it's not raining, what should I do?   

Note: will not be laying on beach all day.  Looking for actual things to do.

TIA.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Oh man, what kind of fishing? 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Oh man, what kind of fishing?

Deep sea/offshore.  Going out into the Gulf Stream on a 6 or 8 hour boat.  They fish pretty much everything fun that time of year.  Can't wait.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Cool.  We looked into something like that last November but didn't have the time.  Did an everglades boat ride instead.  I don't have any advice other than to have fun.

I really love flats fishing with a fly rod.  Would love to go on a successful deep sea charter (have been on an unsuccessful puke ride before).

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Cool.  We looked into something like that last November but didn't have the time.  Did an everglades boat ride instead.  I don't have any advice other than to have fun.

I really love flats fishing with a fly rod.  Would love to go on a successful deep sea charter (have been on an unsuccessful puke ride before).

Have been on several successful ones out of Balboa Island in CA.  Loved it.  I really enjoy the trip and being that far out on the water.  Fish are just a bonus.

I have heard great things bout the flats down there, but have never fly fished before. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
If you think you are stud enough I'd plan on spending about every afternoon here:

http://www.theporchkw.com/

^ elite old house with craft beer bar and huge deck to sit on and watch the naked people across the street at the clothes optional place and also tons of traffic on the street to people watch. Also kenny chesney lives next door to it.

http://www.corkandstogie.com/index.html

^ stud family who will take you in and make you feel like you are in their family while you smoke cigars and drink beer/wine and sit on their porch and watch the prostitutes across the street on their porch at the public protitute house thing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Also eat brunch at Blue Heaven. It's super overrun with tourists but it really is awesome.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Stuff sounds great, but I am also looking more along the lines of activities type stuff.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Stuff sounds great, but I am also looking more along the lines of activities type stuff.

if your fishing trip is cancelled for weather there aren't any other activities in key west that will be doable other than drinking on porches

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Welp.  At least I am good at that.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Rent a scooter!

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile

Nail some hot chicks.  It's a lot of fun.
@lopakman

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
the little whitehouse where truman dicked around. that's where i learned that he drank a bourbon-orange juice every morning for breakfast. dropping nuclear weapons will do that to a man.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
you could try to book a back country/flats trip.  if none available, maybe look into renting a small boat  and fishing the bridges/cuts. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Things to do in Key West if elite fishing trip gets cancelled due to weather
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 11:51:02 PM »
Rent a scooter!

Let me stop you right there...

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile

Drink. What else?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
I first read the thread title as:

"Things to do if the Kanye West elite fishing trip gets cancelled due to weather" and I was all   :sdeek:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF