Author Topic: San Francisco things  (Read 149563 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: San Francisco things
« Reply #1300 on: June 11, 2019, 08:51:21 AM »
Wildfires are gonna suck this summer.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 13, 2019, 07:02:46 PM »
Idk how I’ve never come across this account before :love:

https://twitter.com/karlthefog/status/1135239682294407168
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 14, 2019, 01:46:09 PM »
mc, is this due to lack of transit options, or the expense of existing ones, or the additional time they'd require or something else?

Curry spent extra time packing up his locker before leaving. Then he stopped to say goodbye to every security guard, usher and custodian who worked there. Many of them won't be working in the new arena in San Francisco next year. The choice was given to all employees, but the new commute has proven prohibitive to many.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 17, 2019, 10:20:14 AM »
mc, is this due to lack of transit options, or the expense of existing ones, or the additional time they'd require or something else?

Curry spent extra time packing up his locker before leaving. Then he stopped to say goodbye to every security guard, usher and custodian who worked there. Many of them won't be working in the new arena in San Francisco next year. The choice was given to all employees, but the new commute has proven prohibitive to many.
Probably mostly time and cost. You can do Bart and Muni to the new arena from Oakland but it won't be quick. Also late night Bart doesn't run very often

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 17, 2019, 10:41:48 AM »
Probably mostly time and cost. You can do Bart and Muni to the new arena from Oakland but it won't be quick. Also late night Bart doesn't run very often

Shortsighted of the Warriors to not have implemented something that could've made it possible for their workers to keep their jobs, even if that was setting up a private commute/transit option or committing money to expanding the existing public options.  It might not have mattered if they were en route to a 5th 'ship next year, but in what will be a more sterile atmosphere than they assumed, what they've done to Oakland is going to finally get some attention.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: June 17, 2019, 12:58:05 PM »

Shortsighted of the Warriors to not have implemented something that could've made it possible for their workers to keep their jobs, even if that was setting up a private commute/transit option or committing money to expanding the existing public options.  It might not have mattered if they were en route to a 5th 'ship next year, but in what will be a more sterile atmosphere than they assumed, what they've done to Oakland is going to finally get some attention.
They tried to build the arena in a much more convenient SF location (for transit) but it got shut down. Shockingly, I don't think the warriors care a lick about their security guards.

Also the Curry's are moving to SF from the East Bay because of the commute (and they have sticker shock lol): https://m.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Steph-Curry-Ayesha-moving-San-Francisco-home-price-13754725.php

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: June 17, 2019, 01:11:53 PM »

They tried to build the arena in a much more convenient SF location (for transit) but it got shut down. Shockingly, I don't think the warriors care a lick about their security guards.

Also the Curry's are moving to SF from the East Bay because of the commute (and they have sticker shock lol): https://m.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Steph-Curry-Ayesha-moving-San-Francisco-home-price-13754725.php

That's funny, he joked about taking a helicopter but if he really digs his existing place, he should just figure out how to use his wealth to make getting to work from his place more convenient than it's looking now.

I'm sure the Warriors don't care about the security guards but will care about the backlash they might get next season when the new place isn't as rocking as they anticipated. 

Theoretically, if GSW had stayed in Oakland, would SF itself have supported its own team, on at least a Clippers level relative to the Lakers?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 17, 2019, 01:30:44 PM »
I'm sure he could have just had a private boat ferry him across the bay.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: June 17, 2019, 02:33:01 PM »

Theoretically, if GSW had stayed in Oakland, would SF itself have supported its own team, on at least a Clippers level relative to the Lakers?

I've thought about this, I think San Jose might work where the Sharks play. But probably not, because the warriors are only popular because they're good. It was super easy to get cheap tickets five years ago.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 17, 2019, 03:19:58 PM »
I've thought about this, I think San Jose might work where the Sharks play. But probably not, because the warriors are only popular because they're good. It was super easy to get cheap tickets five years ago.

Well yeah, but that's the case for most sports teams.  I was thinking more like market size and tv/radio rights, etc., and how Oakland and SF had their own baseball and football teams.  I guess the more I read about this, it feels more like a franchise relocation vs. just going into a new arena in town, and they've really escaped blowback at least nationally.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 17, 2019, 09:06:32 PM »

Well yeah, but that's the case for most sports teams.  I was thinking more like market size and tv/radio rights, etc., and how Oakland and SF had their own baseball and football teams.  I guess the more I read about this, it feels more like a franchise relocation vs. just going into a new arena in town, and they've really escaped blowback at least nationally.

Raiders are leaving (and have tarped the upper deck to reduce capacity the last few years) and A's support kind of sucks.

It's more like a new arena than a franchise relocation. They might have a few bitter fans but most people genuinely pissed about them leaving Oakland were probably priced out of season tickets a long time ago. There's a lot of "this is going to be a pain to get to" and "season ticket prices are insane" but the warriors are way too popular to have any significant percentage of fans bitter about the nice

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 17, 2019, 09:37:56 PM »

Raiders are leaving (and have tarped the upper deck to reduce capacity the last few years) and A's support kind of sucks.

It's more like a new arena than a franchise relocation. They might have a few bitter fans but most people genuinely pissed about them leaving Oakland were probably priced out of season tickets a long time ago. There's a lot of "this is going to be a pain to get to" and "season ticket prices are insane" but the warriors are way too popular to have any significant percentage of fans bitter about the nice

Good point. It’s probably been a while since Oracle was anything like how it used to be as far as atmosphere and rabid fans. A drunk minor stockholder shoving Lowery doesn’t count. Still think they should’ve ponied up for a private boat or whatever to shuttle Oracle workers to the new place 50 times/year.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 20, 2019, 10:57:42 AM »
what is the demo breakdown of timbuk2 vs herschel?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: June 20, 2019, 03:50:42 PM »
what is the demo breakdown of timbuk2 vs herschel?
Like 90/10 Timbuk2

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: June 20, 2019, 03:51:23 PM »
Also Allbirds is the absolute rough ridin' worst

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: June 20, 2019, 03:53:08 PM »
Also Allbirds is the absolute rough ridin' worst

very worst

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 20, 2019, 03:55:55 PM »
I saw the other day they had a store here and was surprised.  Thought they were just another thing sold exclusively online by way of ads on podcasts and were already out of business.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol: