Author Topic: San Francisco things  (Read 149536 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: San Francisco things
« Reply #875 on: February 12, 2016, 04:13:23 PM »
this is the last great fight for san francisco activists.

https://www.facebook.com/PeoplePowerMedia/videos/1052207098174919/

there's nothing left!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 18, 2016, 04:36:47 PM »
http://www.vox.com/2016/2/18/11048788/san-francisco-homeless-justin-keller

To add to what cRusty posted.

What an amazing douchebag, and I bet there's clones of that guy all over SF.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 18, 2016, 04:43:38 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 18, 2016, 09:57:04 PM »
He doesn't seem as crass . . . and it's a good point about the possible troll job by Keller.   

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 24, 2016, 05:10:51 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 26, 2016, 02:16:47 PM »
it's a parody of itself

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 26, 2016, 06:29:16 PM »
So obviously their are a lot of gay men at my gym. There happen to be two very small skinny gay men that always use the lockers next to me. Anyway, today one of them had put on his jeans and was bending over to tie his shoes or something, and a guy (straight) says, "hey, nice pants!" and points out that they were completely split down the ass crack (and there was no underwear under the jeans). I mean, intentionally. The guy in the jeans looks befuddled and is like, "what? where? oh crap." the other gay guy was kind of like, "what, were those for the folsom street fair or something?" And the guy in the jeans was like "yeah, actually they were. I set them out just for that purpose and grabbed the wrong pair!" I left as they were trying to find him some underwear.

very san francisco-y

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: February 26, 2016, 06:56:25 PM »
So obviously their are a lot of gay men at my gym. There happen to be two very small skinny gay men that always use the lockers next to me. Anyway, today one of them had put on his jeans and was bending over to tie his shoes or something, and a guy (straight) says, "hey, nice pants!" and points out that they were completely split down the ass crack (and there was no underwear under the jeans). I mean, intentionally. The guy in the jeans looks befuddled and is like, "what? where? oh crap." the other gay guy was kind of like, "what, were those for the folsom street fair or something?" And the guy in the jeans was like "yeah, actually they were. I set them out just for that purpose and grabbed the wrong pair!" I left as they were trying to find him some underwear.

very san francisco-y

That is an awesome story.

The most decadent life style I can think of is to be a really affluent, attractive, gay man in San Fransisco.  Wow. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 26, 2016, 07:03:42 PM »

very san francisco-y

That is an awesome story.

The most decadent life style I can think of is to be a really affluent, attractive, gay man in San Fransisco.  Wow.
I watched the royals in the playoffs at a bar in SF got hit on CONSTANTLY by this guy that managed all the Prada stores in California. He a owned a condo in Pacific Heights! And then we meet his 20 year old Spanish boyfriend. (His husband was at work or something.) We bought reach other drinks, he offered me weed (which I declined because I had a girl scout event later that evening), but it was just so much fun.

Seriously, it was one of the most flattering moments of my life.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 02, 2016, 09:03:56 PM »
@michigancat I have one full day--a Sunday--to spend in SF. Roughly 14 waking hours at my disposal. I've only ever been in SFO. What should I do?

Thanks,

S.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 02, 2016, 09:11:01 PM »
What is the date, spracne? Will you have a car?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 02, 2016, 09:38:15 PM »
What is the date, spracne? Will you have a car?

3/13, yes re: car, then on to Napa/Sonoma for the week.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 02, 2016, 10:16:28 PM »
Well then I'd probably hit the beach chalet for brunch, drive through golden gate park, maybe stop to see the casting pools or bison, head to  the gg bridge overlook and look around, drive from there to Alamo square to see the painted ladies (just drive by, don't stop), drive down Lombard on your way to a garage in north beach.

From there you can explore on foot north beach (obv), Chinatown, and fisherman's wharf. North beach has things like beat museum & city lights bookstore, dive bars full of European tourists, Italian restaurants, etc. You can also grab a sandwich at naked lunch or molinari's and take it to the top of one of the hills with great views and pretend you're Kerouac.

Chinatown is obviously Chinatown.

The wharf has wackys favorite animals and clam chowder and great views but is super touristy. This: http://www.museemechanique.org is kind of a quick free weird thing to do if you have time. You could also throw in a cable car ride to Chinatown which is easily my favorite tourist thing to do.

After that I'd probably go to brainwash cafe in soma for some open mic comedy: http://www.brainwash.com/index.html

That's a lot for one day but you pretty much hit most of the good stuff unique to sf.

Other things to hit:

The Mission/Valencia street/Dolores Park
Restaurants (I really only eat nice meals in Oakland so I'm not much help here)

And I guess that's it. Come to think of it, there's not all that much to do here. I don't get why so many euros visit

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 02, 2016, 10:26:42 PM »
Well then I'd probably hit the beach chalet for brunch, drive through golden gate park, maybe stop to see the casting pools or bison, head to  the gg bridge overlook and look around, drive from there to Alamo square to see the painted ladies (just drive by, don't stop), drive down Lombard on your way to a garage in north beach.

From there you can explore on foot north beach (obv), Chinatown, and fisherman's wharf. North beach has things like beat museum & city lights bookstore, dive bars full of European tourists, Italian restaurants, etc. You can also grab a sandwich at naked lunch or molinari's and take it to the top of one of the hills with great views and pretend you're Kerouac.

Chinatown is obviously Chinatown.

The wharf has wackys favorite animals and clam chowder and great views but is super touristy. This: http://www.museemechanique.org is kind of a quick free weird thing to do if you have time. You could also throw in a cable car ride to Chinatown which is easily my favorite tourist thing to do.

After that I'd probably go to brainwash cafe in soma for some open mic comedy: http://www.brainwash.com/index.html

That's a lot for one day but you pretty much hit most of the good stuff unique to sf.

Other things to hit:

The Mission/Valencia street/Dolores Park
Restaurants (I really only eat nice meals in Oakland so I'm not much help here)

And I guess that's it. Come to think of it, there's not all that much to do here. I don't get why so many euros visit

Thanks. I'm actually staying in The Mission that night. Any "The Mission" specific spots?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 02, 2016, 10:42:56 PM »
I'm guessing you're staying w/ a friend? Or an Airbnb?

I like Amnesia as a bar, depending on the band playing, which they usually do at night. (you can tell from the street if they're good). Sycamore on Mission is good. Zeitgeist is a good beer garden. Try to get a burrito at a place with a line full of white dudes. Make-Out Room is cool if it isn't douche night (which should be fine since it has live bands relatively early Sunday nights). El Rio is an open-air lesbian-ish bar that has salsa bands on Sunday. The Chapel doesn't have anything booked at the moment but it is probably my favorite music venue. And there are also just random neighborhood bars and overpriced techie friendly restaurants throughout.

I'd also recommend just walking up and down Valencia and Mission between 16th and 24th and seeing what interests you. You'll definitely get a variety.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 06, 2016, 02:58:18 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 06, 2016, 05:17:56 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 07, 2016, 07:00:48 PM »
I really enjoyed that
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 07, 2016, 07:14:28 PM »
I really enjoyed that

I like that the artist is selling letterpressed versions.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 07, 2016, 07:16:07 PM »
Beyond parallel in the universe of average letterpressed handbills
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire