Author Topic: #teamangel  (Read 13297 times)

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: #teamangel
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2013, 05:34:23 PM »
 :
It's really conflicting that I love Angel so much yet everytime he steps up to take a 3, I cringe.

I justify my cringing of angels 3s by thinking that when I have my son James Terry "insert my last name", and JT plays the glorious game of bbal, that I will cringe out of love cause I love him so much and want him to make it.

So don't be conflicted, just know your love of Angel has reached full potential.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:15:51 PM by EMADUB »

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2013, 06:29:23 PM »
Since they started tracking steals in '82, only two players have record at least 1000pts, 300ast, and 100 steals in their career for K-State.  (Pullen and Henson)  Incidentally, they both had accomplished this by the end of their Junior season.  Angel will join them next year.

So will Spradling, though he'll be the only one of the four to take a full four years

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2013, 07:00:35 PM »
Since they started tracking steals in '82, only two players have record at least 1000pts, 300ast, and 100 steals in their career for K-State.  (Pullen and Henson)  Incidentally, they both had accomplished this by the end of their Junior season.  Angel will join them next year.

So will Spradling, though he'll be the only one of the four to take a full four years

felix is right, angel is my henson.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2013, 07:10:04 PM »

felix is right, angel is my henson.

yeah.  people won't like the comparison because they are either gopowercat, tuck, racists or goEMAW, anti-Henson, bizzaro tucks, but I think their careers will be similar.  Paricularly if Angel improves as a shooter.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: #teamangel
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2013, 08:12:27 PM »
I wanted that spinning reverse flip layup to the hoop when he got fouled to go in so bad  :shakesfist:

Shane loved that

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2013, 11:58:20 PM »

This isn't a shot at your post, yosh, or even a shot at Will so please don't take it that way. I used to think 1000 points was a big deal, but I just realized that you can reach 1000 points in a four year career by averaging under 8 ppg. I think 1000 was a bigger deal before 30 game regular seasons.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2013, 12:08:07 AM »

This isn't a shot at your post, yosh, or even a shot at Will so please don't take it that way. I used to think 1000 points was a big deal, but I just realized that you can reach 1000 points in a four year career by averaging under 8 ppg. I think 1000 was a bigger deal before 30 game regular seasons.

This is an excellent point. Let's also remember that there were many years when freshmen couldn't play varsity ball, and their stats only counted for their soph, junior, and senior years. Those guys played JV games before the varsity games.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2013, 10:04:14 AM »

This is an excellent point. Let's also remember that there were many years when freshmen couldn't play varsity ball, and their stats only counted for their soph, junior, and senior years. Those guys played JV games before the varsity games.
Also, the addition of the 3pt shot for the ancients.   

Conversely, 2,000 pts in career has become a mark of "I am a great college but not an NBA player" achievement.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2013, 10:59:25 AM »
Shane and Angel have a shared spot at #1 in my heart at the moment.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2013, 01:25:12 PM »

Love me some Angelito & I love the chemistry he's developing with others (Shane mainly). You can tell they have 'it.'

Sprads may NOT take until the end of next year if he keeps breaking body parts. I liked his energy after the half the other night. He has plenty of ribs, right?
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2013, 01:31:32 PM »
If we could just find a way to develop a lob play from Angel to Shane that would allow Shane to violently DOB's, the world could end and I would be happy.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2013, 04:50:11 PM »

Yeah, but most people average 2 to 4 points as an underclassmen, then 15 to 18 as an upperclassmen.  Very few do as the third or fourth scoring option for four years  Lance Harris is the only other one I can remember, and he was a better scorer than Will.  1000 pts mark has deminished, but it's still not insignificant.  At the very least it says you played a lot.  Will might end up as the all time minutes leader if he stays healthy.  Let that sink in for a minute. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: #teamangel
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2013, 07:53:16 PM »

Agreed, still a cool milestone to achieve

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2013, 08:41:37 PM »

Yeah, but most people average 2 to 4 points as an underclassmen, then 15 to 18 as an upperclassmen.  Very few do as the third or fourth scoring option for four years  Lance Harris is the only other one I can remember, and he was a better scorer than Will.  1000 pts mark has deminished, but it's still not insignificant.  At the very least it says you played a lot.  Will might end up as the all time minutes leader if he stays healthy.  Let that sink in for a minute.

Most people? How about a few? I'll go with pretty much none. I can't remember a single basketball player who averaged 2-4 as a freshman and then 15-18 as an upperclassman. A 3 point average is horrible, a 16.5 average is very good. Name 2 and if you do tell us how long you had to search it.

I clearly didnt want to take a shot at will but since you're going to press me I'm gong to aim and fire. Will getting 1000 points doesn't mean anything other than Frank was awful at recruiting guards. Never has a 1000 point scorer been so pedestrian. Certainly within the annals of K-State basketball 1000 points has ever meant less. He is the fifth option when he is on the floor. Will eventually reaching that mark is the surest sign that its an arbitrary, useless milestone.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2013, 09:48:01 PM »

Most people? How about a few? I'll go with pretty much none. I can't remember a single basketball player who averaged 2-4 as a freshman and then 15-18 as an upperclassman. A 3 point average is horrible, a 16.5 average is very good. Name 2 and if you do tell us how long you had to search it.

I clearly didnt want to take a shot at will but since you're going to press me I'm gong to aim and fire. Will getting 1000 points doesn't mean anything other than Frank was awful at recruiting guards. Never has a 1000 point scorer been so pedestrian. Certainly within the annals of K-State basketball 1000 points has ever meant less. He is the fifth option when he is on the floor. Will eventually reaching that mark is the surest sign that its an arbitrary, useless milestone.

Wasn't trying to push you on Will.  I will concede that Will Spradling will be the worst 1000 pt scorer of all time.  Sorry you took it that way.  If anthing I was defending the 1000 pt mark and saying Will is more of outlier becuase it was just a matter of getting an obsurd amount of minutes.  I probably worded it poorly.

All I was getting at was that most 1000 pt scorers progress so their career average may not be great, but they have great years when their turn comes.  Those numbers I threw out were probably a bit exagerated for effect, but, off the top of my head, Cartier and McGruder are both examples of players who progressed from barely contributing role players as freshman, to complimentary players as sophomores and stars as upperclassmen.  I think of most career 1000 pt scorers this way.  I can't think of a lot of players who come in and contribute 8ppg as a freshman and just stay there for 3 more years with either progressing or being recruited over.   

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2013, 07:18:29 PM »
It's really conflicting that I love Angel so much yet everytime he steps up to take a 3, I cringe.

you shouldn't.

Still convinced I should.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2013, 07:19:41 PM »
his maturation over this season makes me like his 3s even more.  Usually a really great decision.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2013, 07:20:27 PM »

you shouldn't.

A couple of months ago i loved when he shot 3's.  Now, not so much.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2013, 07:21:12 PM »
Angel is an excellent point guard. Just great.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2013, 07:22:20 PM »
He is absolutely amazing at everything except hitting 3's.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
#teamangel
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2013, 07:22:49 PM »
Angel is a beautiful hero with game winning free throw ice veins. Total stud hero with infinity assists and no turnovers.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2013, 07:23:32 PM »

you're still wrong.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2013, 07:27:07 PM »
Handled those FTs like they were no problem

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2013, 07:28:00 PM »

you're still wrong.

3 of 21 in the past 5 games is concerning.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2013, 07:34:37 PM »

you're still wrong.

3 of 21 in the past 5 games is concerning.

It's a slump, he'll be fine. I hope he keeps gunning.