Author Topic: #teamangel  (Read 13500 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: #teamangel
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2013, 07:45:11 AM »
I just wish K-State would take our athletes away from this god forsaken hell hole of Manhattan orthopedics.

I don't think I like your tone
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2013, 07:08:52 PM »
Angel is wonderful to watch. A joy.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2013, 07:10:04 PM »
and in grey too, today was just a great day for art fans.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2013, 07:13:27 PM »
Was amazing today.  Huge.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2013, 07:15:09 PM »
COMPLETE STUD! AND LIKE BFF WITH OUR GUY DANIEL TOO!

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2013, 07:16:01 PM »
Loved his I'm not a very good 3-point shooter but we need this one so I'm gonna go ahead and drain it moment, followed by a tiny shrug that said Yeah, of course it was going in, what did you think?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2013, 08:19:12 PM »
Wish he shot more

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
#teamangel
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2013, 08:22:26 PM »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2013, 08:23:31 PM »
I was a bit surprised he got gassed tonight in the 2nd half, but he's great for us when he's on the floor. And with the knee discussion earlier, I think its obvious that he's not 100% and needs a break once in a while. Hopefully oscar can manage his minutes well with Tay down the stretch.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2013, 08:23:57 PM »
Loved his I'm not a very good 3-point shooter but we need this one so I'm gonna go ahead and drain it moment, followed by a tiny shrug that said Yeah, of course it was going in, what did you think?

except he is a good three point shooter.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2013, 08:37:15 PM »
29.4 percent for the season. Wouldn't call that "good." There's certainly room for improvement.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2013, 08:39:17 PM »

His knee's fiery Puerto Rican temper is sabotaging him. It always gets real fiery when art is shooting 3's.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2013, 08:43:11 PM »

Not right now he's not. But he still needs to keep shooting (and even more, like mich said).

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2013, 08:44:37 PM »
Its hard to say he's shooting well from 3, but he's potentially a good 3 pt shooter I suppose. Currently less than 25% in Big 12 games. But he does so many other things well it doesn't matter that much.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2013, 09:14:20 PM »
He passed up a couple shots a 25% three point shooter should take today. I'd like more shots off the bounce, though, too.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2013, 09:21:55 PM »
how about rodney leading the team in points, assists, and steals today?  stud

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2013, 09:32:52 PM »
29.4 percent for the season. Wouldn't call that "good." There's certainly room for improvement.

he's not shooting well on the season, but he's a good shooter.  different things.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2013, 09:33:52 PM »
How Zen.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2013, 09:36:44 PM »
How Zen.

there's nothing zen about it.  it's just a rational distinction.  like if a cheetah is walking tiredly in the sun, you don't say that's a slow cat, you say that's a cat that's walking slowly.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2013, 09:44:10 PM »
How Zen.

there's nothing zen about it.  it's just a rational distinction.  like if a cheetah is walking tiredly in the sun, you don't say that's a slow cat, you say that's a cat that's walking slowly.

Points for creativity, but that analogy doesn't really fit the bill. Angel was a 31.7% 3pt shooter a year ago.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2013, 09:50:57 PM »

he's not shooting well on the season, but he's a good shooter.  different things.

The question becomes how good can he be?

Judging by the 27.6% he's hit in 28 Big 12 games over 2 seasons, I'd say Angel making 1/3 of his 3s would be pretty good.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2013, 10:09:29 PM »
I think his 3-point shooting will improve significantly as a junior and senior. Running the point as a young player probably hurt his percentage. But being a good 3-point shooter is quantitative not subjective. And 33.3 percent is the bottom.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2013, 10:13:22 PM »

Judging by the 27.6% he's hit in 28 Big 12 games over 2 seasons, I'd say Angel making 1/3 of his 3s would be pretty good.

he's better than that.  he's hitting 80% of fts and was hitting 75+% for much of last year before fading later in the season.  ft shooting is the best measure of shooting ability, so we can safely conclude that he's a good shooter.  it's much more subjective, but just looking at his shooting form, he gives the appearance of fine shooter.  he also evidences range, which indicates shooting ability.  finally, i haven't seen hs % stats, but he certainly put up scoring numbers, which at his size is hard to do without hitting from outside.

translating the ft% to in-game three point shooting, you'd expect him to suffer a little because he has a slow release and needs more space than many shooters.  accordingly he's going to shoot more from farther out, and more closely contested shots than might otherwise be the case.  his height also contributes to that.  still, i expect him to finish at 33% or so this year.  in the coming two years, i expect a minimum of about 35% on 200 attempts, adding about 1% to his average for every 30 or so attempts less than 200 that he takes.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2013, 10:23:19 PM »

he's better than that.  he's hitting 80% of fts and was hitting 75+% for much of last year before fading later in the season.  ft shooting is the best measure of shooting ability, so we can safely conclude that he's a good shooter.  it's much more subjective, but just looking at his shooting form, he gives the appearance of fine shooter.  he also evidences range, which indicates shooting ability.  finally, i haven't seen hs % stats, but he certainly put up scoring numbers, which at his size is hard to do without hitting from outside.

translating the ft% to in-game three point shooting, you'd expect him to suffer a little because he has a slow release and needs more space than many shooters.  accordingly he's going to shoot more from farther out, and more closely contested shots than might otherwise be the case.  his height also contributes to that.  still, i expect him to finish at 33% or so this year.  in the coming two years, i expect a minimum of about 35% on 200 attempts, adding about 1% to his average for every 30 or so attempts less than 200 that he takes.

If you're right, the next two years will be very fun.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2013, 10:24:01 PM »
Too much?

« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:28:34 PM by kougar24 »