Author Topic: Political Facebook Posts/Tweets From People  (Read 2206640 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Racist fb posts/tweets/snaps from KSU Family members or screeenshots of them
« Reply #11575 on: September 18, 2016, 11:17:32 AM »

Does k-state need to comment anytime anyone that used to be a student says something racist?

Like mir said, kstate commented because it was taked about by Shaun King, etc. so the obviously obvious answer is no. No, kstate does not need to comment "anytime anyone that used to be a student says something racist." However, it is probably in their best interest to comment when/if crap like that is picked up by national media.

Yea, kind of sucks that it empowers whomever decided to get super  :curse: to leverage using the university's name about a personal action.

Yeah, that didn't happen at all

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Racist fb posts/tweets/snaps from KSU Family members or screeenshots of them
« Reply #11576 on: September 18, 2016, 11:21:10 AM »
King tweeted Bosco's statement and the very first sentence refers to Paige as "one of our students."

But yeah Memphis, keep trying to make those angry black people try to leverage little ol' K-State to push their angry agenda.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11577 on: September 18, 2016, 11:24:09 AM »
is big gip still pissed off?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11578 on: September 18, 2016, 11:32:41 AM »
King tweeted Bosco's statement and the very first sentence refers to Paige as "one of our students."

But yeah Memphis, keep trying to make those angry black people try to leverage little ol' K-State to push their angry agenda.

I wasn't making a comment on the morality of her actions nor that it shouldn't be a person's volition to respond. You don't think that KSU felt the need to respond more so due to publicity than the action itself?

Of course K-State responded because they were being dragged. You said K-State was being leveraged to push an agenda. No one leveraged K-State's name for anything, we aren't important enough, few universities are.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #11579 on: September 18, 2016, 01:42:22 PM »

Does k-state need to comment anytime anyone that used to be a student says something racist?

Like mir said, kstate commented because it was taked about by Shaun King, etc. so the obviously obvious answer is no. No, kstate does not need to comment "anytime anyone that used to be a student says something racist." However, it is probably in their best interest to comment when/if crap like that is picked up by national media.
Yeah. Again, I agree.  You misunderstood my post.

I'm saying that it's ridiculous that kstate was forced to comment on this situation, given that she wasn't a student when she did the racist thing.

There was no way for anyone to know that until K-State said she wasn't, blame Paige for that.
I understand that.  I don't mean to be pointing blame. 

But I will say that k-state should have emphasized more in their statement that this chick was not enrolled at k-state when she took the snap.  Honestly, the statement could have been one or two sentences if that point was gotten across.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11580 on: September 18, 2016, 01:46:54 PM »

I'm saying that it's ridiculous that kstate was forced to comment on this situation, given that she wasn't a student when she did the racist thing.

There was no way for anyone to know that until K-State said she wasn't, blame Paige for that.
I understand that.  I don't mean to be pointing blame. 

But I will say that k-state should have emphasized more in their statement that this chick was not enrolled at k-state when she took the snap.  Honestly, the statement could have been one or two sentences if that point was gotten across.

FERPA violation?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #11581 on: September 18, 2016, 01:51:34 PM »
I don't think so?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11582 on: September 18, 2016, 02:08:55 PM »
By stating they expelled the student isn't that admitting their grades?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11583 on: September 18, 2016, 02:44:08 PM »

um, isn't Paige to blame for all of this? 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #11584 on: September 18, 2016, 02:54:34 PM »
i don't know how ferpa works, but i doubt it's a violation for a university to say whether or not a student has been enrolled in a given semester

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11585 on: September 18, 2016, 03:19:08 PM »

Grades aren't the only reason you can be expelled

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: September 18, 2016, 03:21:09 PM »

I don't think you can expell someone for being racist.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #11587 on: September 18, 2016, 03:21:51 PM »
Who the eff is Paige and who the eff is Shaun King and why does anyone gaf what they tweet?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11588 on: September 18, 2016, 04:04:59 PM »

um, isn't Paige to blame for all of this?

Of course

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11589 on: September 18, 2016, 04:07:37 PM »

Jesus Christ bucket, catch up, no one thinks that. She was expelled in the spring.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11590 on: September 18, 2016, 04:14:31 PM »

I think those two dudes from SAE at OU might disagree
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11591 on: September 18, 2016, 04:52:35 PM »

Jesus Christ bucket, catch up, no one thinks that. She was expelled in the spring.

You're nuts. You say you can be expelled for things other than grades then lash out when someone tries to discuss things that may have got her expelled other than her grades.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11592 on: September 18, 2016, 04:53:49 PM »

I think those two dudes from SAE at OU might disagree

I assumed they transferred due to public pressure

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11593 on: September 18, 2016, 04:58:01 PM »
You can get expelled for doing certain racist things. And that's probably a good idea for a state sponsored institution. Can't get expelled for being a closet racist though.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #11594 on: September 18, 2016, 08:40:23 PM »

You're nuts. You say you can be expelled for things other than grades then lash out when someone tries to discuss things that may have got her expelled other than her grades.
MIR was responding to your FERPA concern saying you can be expulsions aren't solely limited to grade situations, and thus, acknowledging an expulsion isn't (or shouldn't be) a comment on grades.

then you made the obvious point that you can't expel someone for saying racist stuff.  keep up.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11595 on: September 18, 2016, 08:54:37 PM »
Was this actually national news or were u guys exaggerating that part?  Bc a random person saying something on social media should not be national news, that's insane.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11596 on: September 18, 2016, 08:57:43 PM »
usa today
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Political Facebook Posts/Tweets From People
« Reply #11597 on: September 19, 2016, 07:59:22 AM »

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #11598 on: September 19, 2016, 01:38:36 PM »
I guess this story isn't done? 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #11599 on: September 19, 2016, 01:45:20 PM »
WELP!