Author Topic: Political Facebook Posts/Tweets From People  (Read 2189823 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Racist fb posts/tweets/snaps from KSU Family members or screeenshots of them
« Reply #17025 on: November 08, 2017, 03:06:58 PM »
100% of people including that guy know that's true FAN

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Racist fb posts/tweets/snaps from KSU Family members or screeenshots of them
« Reply #17026 on: November 08, 2017, 03:07:18 PM »
Discouraging someone else from doing crap like this would be the most important point of punishing him imo. I don't know if shaming the guy is enough punishment to dissuade most others from trying something similar or not. I think for most an option to face some short jail time or community service where nobody finds out what they did or everyone finding out what they did with no other punishment most would choose the earlier option though. Shame is a pretty big discouraging stick. Not for all people probably though.

I'm not sure how factual it is, but the in the initial reports the guy not only falsely claimed he was a student, but that also he was so distraught that he was going to leave school. To go from that to just a misunderstood Halloween prank is odd and there should be some repercussions.

I clearly missed this but who branded this as a Halloween prank? Did the perp say that? That was no prank.

Also I think the fact that there was no victim outside of institutions, is the biggest factor in there being no charges. If you're K-State you just want this to go away. If there was someone arrested or even targeted I think this guy would have been charged. I think he should have been charged for filing a false report, like anyone else who does, but K-State and the City of Manhattan definitely has motivation for this to disappear. If this dude doesn't have a job he's going to have a very hard time getting one anytime soon.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17027 on: November 08, 2017, 03:08:35 PM »
yeah, the guy claimed it was a Halloween prank. the fact that he's not owning up to it in some fashion kind of pisses me off too.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17028 on: November 08, 2017, 03:09:35 PM »
I clearly missed this but who branded this as a Halloween prank? Did the perp say that? That was no prank.

Also I think the fact that there was no victim outside of institutions, is the biggest factor in there being no charges. If you're K-State you just want this to go away. If there was someone arrested or even targeted I think this guy would have been charged. I think he should have been charged for filing a false report, like anyone else who does, but K-State and the City of Manhattan definitely has motivation for this to disappear. If this dude doesn't have a job he's going to have a very hard time getting one anytime soon.

Yes, the perp himself said it was a Halloween prank gone wrong. See above, from this story: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article183086416.html

K-State Black Student Unit is calling for charges to brought: http://www.theroot.com/kansas-state-university-black-student-union-demands-for-1820247547

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17029 on: November 08, 2017, 03:10:48 PM »
most of the pranks i was involved in ended with giant amounts of lols

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17030 on: November 08, 2017, 03:11:46 PM »
What are your top 5 pranks meow meow
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17031 on: November 08, 2017, 03:18:54 PM »
So I heard about the unity walk, some sorority chick getting savaged for a KKK joke, racial grievance hoaxes going unpunished, and Kstate going the way of Missouri in suicidal tendancies.

Triggering. So at what point did Ksu go full Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) in the name of social justice?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17032 on: November 08, 2017, 03:20:03 PM »
that prank is hilarious, got tens of thousands of people to hate k-state
it's much worse than that, it's something concrete for actual bigots to cite the next time an legitimate activist has their house burned down

yep
Well there's that, but also he made a ton of black people at k-state think that they lived in a city in which this kind of thing happens.  he created the perception of racial discord where none existed (or at least not to this degree).

I seriously doubt that one act would completely change how one feels about being black in Manhattan and at K-State. He created the perception of an incident of racial discord. I don't think we need to act like this placed K-State on the verge of Ferguson and Baltimore.
Artificially creating them almost rises to the level of doing it genuinely in my imho.

Ugh, dlew, man. Not even close, not even a little bit. Imagine if that actually happened to you. You live in the Chicago area right? Imagine you walk out to your cart and you see things like "eff you cracker," "get your white ass outta here," and "we're going to rough ridin' kill you" written on your car. Imagine how scared, violated, threatened you'd feel. Do you or anyone else feel that way about the false accusations? I know you and like you a lot but some putting some dickhead painting his own car in the same category in the same category as someone being actually violated is textbook privilege.

I can feel the frustration of having to deal with false flag accusations and also live in fear that this can actually happen to me. I do think these things hurt black people more than K-State, Manhattan, or whatever institution gets embarrassed by a false accusation. I'd rather read about 20 different false flag accusations every day than read about one actual occurrence of hate.

This lie, while an incredibly shitty thing to do, didn't do much beyond making actual victims hard to believe and some fleeting embarrassment to K-State.

I also want to make it clear that there are some cases where the false flag accusation is just as bad if it were the actual hate crime, this just isn't one of them. That crack head that tore up the church in KC is one of the cases where that crime was just as bad if it were perpetrated by a white guy.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17033 on: November 08, 2017, 03:23:04 PM »
case closed

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #17034 on: November 08, 2017, 03:42:41 PM »
that prank is hilarious, got tens of thousands of people to hate k-state
it's much worse than that, it's something concrete for actual bigots to cite the next time an legitimate activist has their house burned down

yep
Well there's that, but also he made a ton of black people at k-state think that they lived in a city in which this kind of thing happens.  he created the perception of racial discord where none existed (or at least not to this degree).

I seriously doubt that one act would completely change how one feels about being black in Manhattan and at K-State. He created the perception of an incident of racial discord. I don't think we need to act like this placed K-State on the verge of Ferguson and Baltimore.
Artificially creating them almost rises to the level of doing it genuinely in my imho.

Ugh, dlew, man. Not even close, not even a little bit. Imagine if that actually happened to you. You live in the Chicago area right? Imagine you walk out to your cart and you see things like "eff you cracker," "get your white ass outta here," and "we're going to rough ridin' kill you" written on your car. Imagine how scared, violated, threatened you'd feel. Do you or anyone else feel that way about the false accusations? I know you and like you a lot but some putting some dickhead painting his own car in the same category in the same category as someone being actually violated is textbook privilege.

I can feel the frustration of having to deal with false flag accusations and also live in fear that this can actually happen to me. I do think these things hurt black people more than K-State, Manhattan, or whatever institution gets embarrassed by a false accusation. I'd rather read about 20 different false flag accusations every day than read about one actual occurrence of hate.

This lie, while an incredibly shitty thing to do, didn't do much beyond making actual victims hard to believe and some fleeting embarrassment to K-State.
First of all, I know you and like you too and I'm glad we're friends and have respect for one another.

Second of all, I moved back to KC in July, fyi.

But let's get to the meat of this issue.  We're really not too far apart here I don't think and that's probably my fault for not doing a good job of explaining my point -- i've had a hard time conceptualizing in my own head why i think what he did was so awful.

Anyway, I too would rather read about false flag accusations than real ones.  And I agree that instances like these harm black people because it lends (legitimate imo) credence to people who are dubious any time an outrageously racist incident occurs anonymously.

But getting to my separate, although related, point: this guy didn't want it to be known that this was a false flag.  Whether he did it for attention, or for some broader cause, the natural effect of this his scheme was the impression that there are violent white racists at K-State and that black people are right to feel afraid. This validates, and more importantly, encourages, every shred of paranoia and hatred black people (particularly in MHK and K-State) have of white people in their community.  It serves to further divide the already disturbingly wide racial divide.

I'm glad you raised your hypothetical because of course I would feel threatened if I walked out and found white hatred vandalized on my car.   But you know what else?  I'd feel just about as threatened if I found white hatred vandalized on my next door neighbor's car.  In that respect, I don't see the important distinction between the two. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:54:19 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17035 on: November 08, 2017, 04:43:09 PM »
Guess what: this wasn't a Halloween prank.  He wanted it to blow up big af and so did Hammond.  When the Feds showed up and the non-student realized he was gonna go down so he claimed trick or treat.

The "date your own race" was pretty dead give away.  He should have put "stop being so good looking and taking our girls!"

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17036 on: November 08, 2017, 04:44:40 PM »
Hammond issued his response last week, stay out of his mentions bruh

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #17037 on: November 08, 2017, 04:46:06 PM »
ya nobody thinks it was a halloween prank

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17038 on: November 08, 2017, 04:47:13 PM »
The non-student should blame Hammond too.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17039 on: November 08, 2017, 04:51:19 PM »
is Hammond a student or just some clown that wasn't good enough to work for Fitz?

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #17040 on: November 08, 2017, 04:59:25 PM »
I’ve met Hammond, he’s actually a good guy
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17041 on: November 08, 2017, 05:07:33 PM »

At Rusty's?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Racist fb posts/tweets/snaps from KSU Family members or screeenshots of them
« Reply #17043 on: November 08, 2017, 06:08:15 PM »
I think you could compare it to inciting a riot, really. Your entire goal is to create racial tension in a small community and bring it to a National scale. The fact that you are stopped before it is successful doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be punished.

If it really were a prank (like imagine him tweeting that photo and going, SMDH white people on Halloween). Then he would have immediately owned up to it the first time anyone from the media talked to him about it. In this case he jumped straight in.  The motivation is clearly different.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17044 on: November 08, 2017, 06:21:24 PM »
Again, 0% of people think there was even a 1% chance it was a prank. Let's quit talking about that.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #17045 on: November 08, 2017, 06:31:02 PM »

At Rusty's?

:Wha:

Breaker-breaker 1-9.  27 you got yer ears on?  This is tubesock down in the Facebook thread........

I got two ready for pickup down here........

Ya they need to be hauled over to the most trollable page........

Thanks good buddy, over and out.........
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #17046 on: November 08, 2017, 06:46:12 PM »
Again, 0% of people think there was even a 1% chance it was a prank. Let's quit talking about that.
Yeah. This. A dumbass fake racial movement gone wrong.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17047 on: November 08, 2017, 07:12:51 PM »
All the whites on twitter party rocking since they found out wasn't real is pretty embarrassing

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17048 on: November 08, 2017, 07:17:48 PM »
 :facepalm:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17049 on: November 08, 2017, 07:22:37 PM »
So normal ppl who represent a school they love are accused of being said racist nationally, said whites aren't, and they're happy the story wasn't true? eff those ppl! Kick them out right now! Right @mocat?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:37:50 PM by WackyCat08 »