Author Topic: Other games thread  (Read 74016 times)

Offline TheCatFanSpeaks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Other games thread
« Reply #950 on: March 14, 2013, 12:41:57 PM »
Anyone know where you can listen to these games online?

Quote from: sbnation
Radio: There is no national radio coverage, although each team will have their local representatives calling the action. ESPN Radio will call the championship game.

I found a feed for I-State Case IH radio network.  Better than nothing.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 14, 2013, 02:41:16 PM »
anyone catch the highlights of the ending of the A-10 game between Charlotte and Richmond??   I am assuming most probably didnt, so....

Richmond was up 3, and they fouled with under 5 secs left putting Charlotte on the FT line
After they made the first FT, they called a Technical on a Richmond player for an excessive blockout. (awful call)
So Char. guy made the 2 tech. FTs and his 2nd FT from the 1 and 1.  And they get the ball back
So Char end bounds the ball (they are up 1 remember) and Richmond is called for fouling on a 3pt shot (awful call). He wasnt shooting
The Richmond coach is livid and he gets T'd up.  Then gets T'd up again
Charlotte makes 4 more FTs and wins 68-63.

8 FTs in the final 5 seconds for Charlotte and they win.   UNREAL.   Drop the hammer on these officials 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:57:13 PM by Powercat Posse »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 14, 2013, 03:07:55 PM »
Way worse of a screw job than what ISU got, the officials literally stole that game from Richmond. I'm no officials conspiracy theorist by any means but it looks like they had money on that game. That first T and then the 3 FTs are now both the worst calls I've ever seen. I was infuriated watching that I can't even imagine how I would feel if I was a Richmond fan.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 14, 2013, 03:09:05 PM »
Pretty much sums up why this is a hobby sport and not an important one.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 14, 2013, 03:18:28 PM »
Pretty much sums up why this is a hobby sport and not an important one.

gfy

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 14, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »
 :embarrassed:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 14, 2013, 03:24:22 PM »
anyone catch the highlights of the ending of the A-10 game between Charlotte and Richmond??   I am assuming most probably didnt, so....

Richmond was up 3, and they fouled with under 5 secs left putting Charlotte on the FT line
After they made the first FT, they called a Technical on a Richmond player for an excessive blockout. (awful call)
So Char. guy made the 2 tech. FTs and his 2nd FT from the 1 and 1.  And they get the ball back
So Char end bounds the ball (they are up 1 remember) and Richmond is called for an intential foul.  (awful call)
The Richmond coach is livid and he gets T'd up.

8 FTs in the final 5 seconds for Charlotte and they win.   UNREAL.   Drop the hammer on these officials 

Wasn't the championship game or anything, was it?

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 14, 2013, 03:27:39 PM »
James Sutherland from Syracuse is in heat check mode.  6 for 6 from 3pt land today (He was 6 for 9 yday).   However the Cuse has seen their 13 pt halftime dwindle down to 4.  55-51 with 4 minutes to play

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 14, 2013, 03:28:36 PM »
There are no championship games on weekday afternoons. If it were a championship game there would have been a riot.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 14, 2013, 04:06:26 PM »
There are no championship games on weekday afternoons. If it were a championship game there would have been a riot.

I didn't imagine it was.  I didn't think the A10 would try to play theirs when the real conferences are going.  Figured they'd do it during midmajor week.

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: March 14, 2013, 04:27:05 PM »

So Char end bounds the ball (they are up 1 remember) and Richmond is called for fouling on a 3pt shot (awful call). He wasnt shooting

This was unreal, the refs should be fired.
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 14, 2013, 04:30:38 PM »

Vegas had the total set at 130 too so under bettors got burned big time

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 14, 2013, 04:31:55 PM »

Vegas had the total set at 130 too so under bettors got burned big time

Should be interesting what the statements are, ESPN2 making it seem like the officials were doing a good job. And he's calling peoples arms "wings", I hate ESPN.
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 14, 2013, 08:45:21 PM »

I didn't imagine it was.  I didn't think the A10 would try to play theirs when the real conferences are going.  Figured they'd do it during midmajor week.

There are 20 or so conferences yet to be decided.

Offline Holdin Manutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 14, 2013, 09:37:24 PM »
The officials just stopped the notre dame-marquette with 36 seconds left in the half to throw two guys out of the third row. It was a pretty weird sequence.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #965 on: March 14, 2013, 10:22:05 PM »
OSU getting ku type treatment in this game
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #966 on: March 14, 2013, 10:31:47 PM »
OSU plays basketball like a south american soccer team, eff these douchebags
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 14, 2013, 10:57:27 PM »
NOTRE DAME, YOU GUYS!!!

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 14, 2013, 11:00:04 PM »
NOTRE DAME, YOU GUYS!!!

Rooting for the Irish, we're one game behind the red squawks in combined BB+FB wins

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 14, 2013, 11:19:48 PM »

what. the. hell.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 15, 2013, 08:26:08 PM »

Brandon Triche or a very young Michael Beasley? (can't wait for all the :opcat: posts! :excited: )

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 15, 2013, 08:36:06 PM »
Way worse of a screw job than what ISU got, the officials literally stole that game from Richmond. I'm no officials conspiracy theorist by any means but it looks like they had money on that game. That first T and then the 3 FTs are now both the worst calls I've ever seen. I was infuriated watching that I can't even imagine how I would feel if I was a Richmond fan.

I've seen much worse calls.  The first technical was definitely questionable, but you can't deny that the shove and the half court stomp were Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) moves by Richmond.  I would probably be most upset by those things if I were a Richmond fan.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 15, 2013, 08:58:34 PM »

Brandon Triche or a very young Michael Beasley? (can't wait for all the :opcat: posts! :excited: )

I've been saying that for years. Not  :opcat:.