Author Topic: You dumb MFers  (Read 3666 times)

Online kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: You dumb MFers
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2013, 10:25:59 AM »
To save everyone not Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) (ENR for short) from FSD here's how the conversation would go:

ENR: Base state aid (the money actually distributed to districts) has been cut

FSD: Doesn't matter, overall state spending has increased

ENR: Yes, it's increased for things like health care/pension costs, the latter of which is still underfunded by $8 billion

FSD: Unions are dumb, only dumbasses join unions

ENR: :facepalm:

:facepalm:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 12:31:16 PM »
Good to know that a large portion of teacher compensation isn't included in "money sent to districts".  :facepalm:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 12:33:53 PM »
The problem with your argument (as best as I can tell what it is) is that its based on a false premise. You think the education budget is being reduced when in reality its being increased.

When Sebelius was governor the state had a $500m deficit, smaller education budget and less revenue. None of you nitwits thought the state was broke then and there wasn't some leftist judge ordering the state to spend more money.  Brownback comes in and consolidates a bunch of government offices doing duplicative or little work, shrinking admin overhead without effecting the "benefit" and you throw a fit.  Then you make allusions to services lost and picking up the tab locally with your best example being some article on boat taxes. 

Sorry if you great aunt lost her 13 hr a week $36,0000 a year job in Topeka, but the state shouldn't have to pay for that.  Notice I use "state" in the context of its citizens not its government.  I encourage all of you to start thinking that way.

Dear chest thumping Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!):

The first court case to strike the school funding formula came when Sebelius was governor. 1   Frothing retards, like you, ie the KS legislature, were so enraged by this so called "judicial activism" they wanted to changed the way the supreme court was formed in order to attack the court. 2  This became another example of how people with diminished intellectual capacity, ie nearly the entirety of the right composing the legislature, can not handle getting their own way in matters of importance.  The larger issue here for schools funding as it relates to taxes is that much of school funding is derived from property taxes. 3  That is why the school system was devastated as a result of the subprime mortgage collapse and resulting economic recession. 4  Now when it comes to Brownback and his ass hattery, we have an issue with his plan is to pay lip service to funding schools with proposals of increased funding while chopping the legs out from under the pool of funding he purposes to expand. The panel of judges clearly and emphatically castigated the legislature, and quite frankly idiots who think they can sneak this nonsense through, for their dishonesty when approaching the issue of school funding. 5  Now I don't expect you to be able to read, or even comprehend, the entire decision.  But the focus in Kansas is that the legislature, since Sebelius, has consistently failed to approve a school funding formula which complies with the constitutional mandate to adequately fund the education of Kansas children. The line that you are attempting, and failing to tow, is the same anti-intellectual, lack of common sense approach, which has been plaguing the legislature since the ultra conservative forces have allied to destroy all levels of education in Kansas through the guise of lowering taxes.

1.  http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2006/jun/22/timeline_events_school_finance_lawsuit/?kansas_legislature
2.  http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2006/feb/09/committee_considers_changing_selection_supreme_cou/
3.  http://sitemaker.umich.edu/finaldompierre.356/how_public_schools_are_funded
4.  http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/11/4006491/court-orders-kansas-to-increase.html
5.  http://www.shawneecourt.org/DocumentCenter/View/457
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2013, 12:43:09 PM »
So neither the state nor local govt is adequately funding schools, yet the amount of money spent on schools has never been higher and the number of students fewer.

Seems like quite the conundrum.  Somebody isn't being honest here.  Thank you for sharing your enraged, abusive, point of view.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2013, 02:56:58 PM »
You're really awful at posting.  Only you would use 'enraged' like 3rd grader, not-uh you are as a response.

Keep in mind school funding has been decreasing over the last 3 years and from 2000 to 2010 there are more kids in Kansas.  But that is using facts, so let me preemptively apologize for that. 

http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?src=bkmk
http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?src=bkmk

Color me surprised you don't value the constitution when it comes to rhetoric though.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: You dumb MFers
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 03:29:26 PM »
So neither the state nor local govt is adequately funding schools, yet the amount of money spent on schools has never been higher and the number of students fewer.

Seems like quite the conundrum.  Somebody isn't being honest here.  Thank you for sharing your enraged, abusive, point of view.

$/student is down drastically.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 03:35:20 PM »
I told all of you that this amendment proposal to cap boat taxes was a bad idea.  You dummies said that the proposal would increase boat tax revenue because more people in border communities would register their boats in Kansas.  Well...
http://www.kansas.com/2013/01/15/2636900/kansas-boat-taxes-would-be-gradually.html#emlnl=Afternoon_Headlines_Newsletter

slightly dated link but who cares. Kansas is already broke and the morons in the state are actually removing revenue sources. I hope all of you who voted for the amendment and don't or won't own boats are going to be happy with making up these phased out boat taxes with your increased property taxes.

I mean, rly? 

Kansas took in less than $5 million in revenue from property taxes on boats in 2010.  That's a piss in the sewer when you consider the State took in $6.5 billion in tax revenue that year (a maximum 0.077% loss in total revenue).   :lol:

Approximately 83,000 boats are registered in Kansas right now.  Over 70% of these boats are 13+ years or older, and the total number of boats registered in Kansas has decreased by almost 20% over the last decade per Dan Hesket, the boating law administrator for KDWPT.  Kansas is lagging behind - surrounding states have adopted less taxes overall on boats, with some states taking in less direct revenue per boat than Kansas would if this 0% property tax is instated.  In Kansas, the majority of boat trailers will still be required to be tagged and registered so that revenue will not change, but would increase with each "new boat".  The State is betting that "new boat" revenue from sales tax, 8M trailer tags, gas tax, costs of ownership, etc. will make up for the $5 million property tax revenue per year loss.  Any money that KDWPT takes in directly from additional boat registration, camping fees, license sales, etc. is less money that the State has to fund KDWPT with.   

Cobalt Boats (who accounts for 4-5% of the world's market) and four other boat manufacturing plants are in Kansas as well, and I bet this was involved in the decision making process.

Online kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: You dumb MFers
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2013, 03:36:02 PM »

link?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: You dumb MFers
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2013, 03:36:48 PM »

link?

On phone.  Will get to it later

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2013, 03:52:43 PM »
I told all of you that this amendment proposal to cap boat taxes was a bad idea.  You dummies said that the proposal would increase boat tax revenue because more people in border communities would register their boats in Kansas.  Well...
http://www.kansas.com/2013/01/15/2636900/kansas-boat-taxes-would-be-gradually.html#emlnl=Afternoon_Headlines_Newsletter

slightly dated link but who cares. Kansas is already broke and the morons in the state are actually removing revenue sources. I hope all of you who voted for the amendment and don't or won't own boats are going to be happy with making up these phased out boat taxes with your increased property taxes.

I mean, rly? 

Kansas took in less than $5 million in revenue from property taxes on boats in 2010.  That's a piss in the sewer when you consider the State took in $6.5 billion in tax revenue that year (a maximum 0.077% loss in total revenue).   :lol:

Approximately 83,000 boats are registered in Kansas right now.  Over 70% of these boats are 13+ years or older, and the total number of boats registered in Kansas has decreased by almost 20% over the last decade per Dan Hesket, the boating law administrator for KDWPT.  Kansas is lagging behind - surrounding states have adopted less taxes overall on boats, with some states taking in less direct revenue per boat than Kansas would if this 0% property tax is instated.  In Kansas, the majority of boat trailers will still be required to be tagged and registered so that revenue will not change, but would increase with each "new boat".  The State is betting that "new boat" revenue from sales tax, 8M trailer tags, gas tax, costs of ownership, etc. will make up for the $5 million property tax revenue per year loss.  Any money that KDWPT takes in directly from additional boat registration, camping fees, license sales, etc. is less money that the State has to fund KDWPT with.   

Cobalt Boats (who accounts for 4-5% of the world's market) and four other boat manufacturing plants are in Kansas as well, and I bet this was involved in the decision making process.

that was a lot of words just to say "the State of Kansas shouldn't give a crap about losing a minimum of $5 million dollars in revenue." Remember that arts funding that the Tea Party Pastor stole? I do, it was well under $1 million, weird that they now don't care about $5 million in revenue.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2013, 04:42:40 PM »
Glad I'm out of Kansas and in a state that is looking at better options for tax revenues :bigtoke:

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2013, 05:50:40 PM »
that was a lot of words just to say "the State of Kansas shouldn't give a crap about losing a minimum of $5 million dollars in revenue." Remember that arts funding that the Tea Party Pastor stole? I do, it was well under $1 million, weird that they now don't care about $5 million in revenue.

Quite the opposite, really.  There was no active opposition by the general populous to boats being taxed.   State agencies were actually the ones who campaigned and eventually put the amendment on the ballot. The State is trying to capture more total revenue in their process, but by indirect means (increased boat ownership).  However, a higher percentage of the $5 million that is directly tied to owning a boat in Kansas is going be bypassed from the education and general building funds to the KDWPT, who is responsible for boat oversight and regulation. 

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2013, 06:41:28 PM »

Quite the opposite, really.  There was no active opposition by the general populous to boats being taxed.   State agencies were actually the ones who campaigned and eventually put the amendment on the ballot. The State is trying to capture more total revenue in their process, but by indirect means (increased boat ownership).  However, a higher percentage of the $5 million that is directly tied to owning a boat in Kansas is going be bypassed from the education and general building funds to the KDWPT, who is responsible for boat oversight and regulation.

The article MIR linked says they are phasing out the boat tax completely. How will increased boat ownership increase revenues when there is no tax in place to collect them?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2013, 06:49:34 PM »

The article MIR linked says they are phasing out the boat tax completely. How will increased boat ownership increase revenues when there is no tax in place to collect them?

He answered that question in his post, did you not read it?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2013, 07:04:15 PM »
Remember everyone, none of this stuff matters. Try not to get so angry.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2013, 08:02:44 PM »
You're really awful at posting.  Only you would use 'enraged' like 3rd grader, not-uh you are as a response.

Keep in mind school funding has been decreasing over the last 3 years and from 2000 to 2010 there are more kids in Kansas.  But that is using facts, so let me preemptively apologize for that. 

Color me surprised you don't value the constitution when it comes to rhetoric though.

Hmmmmmmm... according to the KSDE webpage the opposite of everything you said above is true.

Color me unsurprised. Probably a conspiracy

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2013, 10:18:33 PM »

Hmmmmmmm... according to the KSDE webpage the opposite of everything you said above is true.

Color me unsurprised. Probably a conspiracy
well lets see...I've posted the census data that KSDE links to.  So I think you're just wrong here.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
You dumb MFers
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2013, 10:33:27 PM »
Remember everyone, none of this stuff matters. Try not to get so angry.

Mo boats, mo problems
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."