Author Topic: So, thoughts on the "F*ck KU" chant?  (Read 16932 times)

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: So, thoughts on the "F*ck KU" chant?
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2013, 09:51:26 AM »
I had to live in that crap town for a year and a half so my hate is justified

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2013, 09:51:39 AM »
No one is ACTUALLY offended.
I'm offended it wasn't more unified throughout the coliseum.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2013, 09:53:22 AM »
I see nothing wrong with it at all.  I mean I cuss like a sailor and my future WnK kids will probably get in trouble a lot at school for their sailor trash mouths.  Our society today is more comfortable than ever with words like eff, crap, Bitch, etc.  If you want proof, watch a television show from 1990 and a television show now.  They can get away with a lot. 

As far as the KU fans on FB getting bent out of shape....it's laughable.  Pot meet kettle amirite?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2013, 09:54:07 AM »
I'm indifferent. Yeah, it probably doesn't look great, but it's gonna happen regardless of what I or anyone else does.  People were doing it during the wabash, so it's not like stopping sandstorm is going to do anything.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2013, 10:16:22 AM »
The best was the "can't spell cocksucker w/out KSU" shirts

after the ksu/ku football game in Manhattan in 2009 I saw a guy wearing one of these shirts and I put my shoulder into his chest and he just walked away, I wanted to fight him

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2013, 10:24:13 AM »
The best was the "can't spell cocksucker w/out KSU" shirts

after the ksu/ku football game in Manhattan in 2009 I saw a guy wearing one of these shirts and I put my shoulder into his chest and he just walked away, I wanted to fight him

Should of thrown on some shades like the bro in your sig then walked away

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2013, 11:35:37 AM »
It's awful. I yell "K S U!" during it.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2013, 12:09:28 PM »
No one is ACTUALLY offended.

I could see how somebody who had kids watching the game on tv might be offended, but yeah, most of this is just false indignation.

To be fair, I had some friends over to watch at my place last night and one gal has a little 5 yr old boy.  When the glorious chant rang out loud and clear throughout my media room and the adults began to chuckle, the youngster said "What are they saying?  Go K-State?".

Point being, little kids aren't listening for it and don't catch what's being said.   I'd guess maybe an 8-9 yr old, or older, would catch it, but by that time they are hearing far worse at school from their trashy friends whose parents cheer for but didn't attend ku.

bears are fast...

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2013, 12:17:24 PM »
Who gives a crap about the chant. Cussing is a part of sports.

Offline ManBearTurkey

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2013, 12:19:38 PM »
I find it hilarious that people get so hung up on a verb.

Getting bent out of shape over a mob of people saying "eff you" is so trite.

They're not gonna kill crap, they're not gonna do crap. What can they do? They're a bunch of fuckin' amateurs, and meanwhile, look at the bottom line: It is a rough ridin' game, played by a bunch of amateurs.

Am I wrong?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2013, 12:21:24 PM »
the fact that most of our fanbase shows up to games in carhart overalls and camo/hunters orange trucker hats is much more of a black eye than any "eff ku" chant.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2013, 12:28:02 PM »
the fact that most of our fanbase shows up to games in carhart overalls and camo/hunters orange trucker hats is much more of a black eye than any "eff ku" chant.

Neither is because one doesn't happen and the other just isn't.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »
I think some of you are missing the point of why it's stupid.  The nothing wrong with cussing argument is pretty narrow.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2013, 12:31:46 PM »
You take your marching orders from Jayhox now? You used to be fun.

Beems has parroted the phog's talking points for years.  This is not new.  In fact the vast majority of his stuff is from over there.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2013, 12:33:13 PM »
I find it hilarious that people get so hung up on a verb.

Getting bent out of shape over a mob of people saying "eff you" is so trite.

They're not gonna kill crap, they're not gonna do crap. What can they do? They're a bunch of fuckin' amateurs, and meanwhile, look at the bottom line: It is a rough ridin' game, played by a bunch of amateurs.

Am I wrong?

Big League take ManBearTurkey.  Smack Off leader in the clubhouse.  Going to have to bring the heat to catch up.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2013, 12:36:00 PM »
You take your marching orders from Jayhox now? You used to be fun.

Beems has parroted the phog's talking points for years.  This is not new.  In fact the vast majority of his stuff is from over there.
It's just a copy and paste away.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: So, thoughts on the "F*ck KU" chant?
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2013, 12:56:00 PM »
i hate that people put that much emotion into ku

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2013, 12:59:56 PM »
i think it's odd that people go out of their way to NOT put emotion into ku.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2013, 01:11:01 PM »
I put emotion into it because they're always 1st in the Big 12. But K-State fans who think it's a rivalry are kidding themselves.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2013, 01:13:48 PM »
It is pretty dumb to chant that stuff . . . but I can't help but note that ku fans are making this an issue, most of whom live in a little bubble over in Johnson County, many of whom have never set foot in a classroom at ku, and likely have no idea about things like the "rip his effing head off" or "muck fizzou" or the "you can't spell . . ." chant/t-shirts from ku football games etc.   Because many of them have never been to a football game at ku and/or only catch ku sporting events on TV.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2013, 01:17:19 PM »
I put emotion into it because they're always 1st in the Big 12. But K-State fans who think it's a rivalry are kidding themselves.

I can agree with this. The only reason I give a crap about beating KU is because they are a good team year in and year out. This is always why I don't give an eff about them in football (they suck).

People that want to beat KU and put emotion in because they are from our same state and that it's a rivalry, are idiots. I think the fact that we are in the same state and KU fans like to talk crap adds fuel to the emotion. But if KU sucked the bram wouldn't have been rocking last night.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2013, 01:22:08 PM »

I can agree with this. The only reason I give a crap about beating KU is because they are a good team year in and year out. This is always why I don't give an eff about them in football (they suck).

People that want to beat KU and put emotion in because they are from our same state and that it's a rivalry, are idiots. I think the fact that we are in the same state and KU fans like to talk crap adds fuel to the emotion. But if KU sucked the bram wouldn't have been rocking last night.
Nope, denied. It's more than that.  It's everything they stand for. The way they try to walk around like elitist, how they live off their family trust funds, etc. They're just the worst rough ridin' kind of people.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2013, 01:22:15 PM »
great work, beems.  :thumbs:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2013, 01:25:14 PM »

Nope, denied. It's more than that.  It's everything they stand for. The way they try to walk around like elitist, how they live off their family trust funds, etc. They're just the worst rough ridin' kind of people.

Maybe  you need to get out more Fanning, but I know multiple K-Staters who pretty much just played around at various "careers" for a few years after college and just lived off their families money after that.   It's not just a ku thing.   Albeit several of them are smart money people who manage significant portions of their families fortunes quite well.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2013, 01:26:03 PM »

Why does that affect you? You seem like a secure dude.  :dunno: