Author Topic: Will Spradling  (Read 17852 times)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Will Spradling
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2013, 08:05:18 PM »
Bennett was weird, which was great.  i don't think he would receive many votes for most hated.  remember when he was dressed up in that weird costume, in the graveyard?  odd guy, not hated...i don't think.

So many good Bennett times.  The time he fouled out at Nub in 11 minutes with zero points was probably my fav.

I had a friend tell me about a party she was at, where one Bennett, full of lank, walked up to some girls sitting on a couch and said something to the extent of "I play on the basketball team, wanna eff?"  they politely declined and he got up and left.  True story.
Not gonna lie. If I played D1 sports at a major university this would be my only pick up line too.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2013, 10:08:33 PM »
To piggyback off of FAN's stats earlier.....

Last 2 yrs, Will in the non-con = 39.6% (44-111)
But in his 23 conf games = 27.3% (27-99)

And then to track those games via home and away=
Home 32.1% (35-109)
away/nuetral 35.6% (36-101)

So his real issue is his shooting in conf play.  You would think it would be because the competition is better, and i would agree but at the same time, you can look at this=

Last 2 yrs vs these 8 non con teams (at VTech, vs WV in Wichita, Bama in Kc, LBSU, at GW, Mich, at Gonz, Fla). 
He is 18-44(40.9%) against some pretty decent competition

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2013, 10:44:50 PM »
Bennett was weird, which was great.  i don't think he would receive many votes for most hated.  remember when he was dressed up in that weird costume, in the graveyard?  odd guy, not hated...i don't think.

So many good Bennett times.  The time he fouled out at Nub in 11 minutes with zero points was probably my fav.

I had a friend tell me about a party she was at, where one Bennett, full of lank, walked up to some girls sitting on a couch and said something to the extent of "I play on the basketball team, wanna eff?"  they politely declined and he got up and left.  True story.

My friend worked the door at the Pig sometimes. One night Bennett tried to walk in as if no one was working the door. My buddy stopped him and Bennett just smirked and said "it's OK, I'm a ball player". My buddy responded, "yeah your the 7 foot fall freshman that every one knows is a freshman. Last thing I'm going to do is is get fired for letting in lurch the terrible basketball player because the RCPD will recognize you faster than you fouled out in Lincoln." Bennett just turned around and left. The next night he tried to do the exact same thing again.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2013, 10:53:58 PM »
Bennett...such a legend.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2013, 10:56:02 PM »

My friend worked the door at the Pig sometimes. One night Bennett tried to walk in as if no one was working the door. My buddy stopped him and Bennett just smirked and said "it's OK, I'm a ball player". My buddy responded, "yeah your the 7 foot fall freshman that every one knows is a freshman. Last thing I'm going to do is is get fired for letting in lurch the terrible basketball player because the RCPD will recognize you faster than you fouled out in Lincoln." Bennett just turned around and left. The next night he tried to do the exact same thing again.

That story made my night.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2013, 12:08:06 AM »
To piggyback off of FAN's stats earlier.....

Last 2 yrs, Will in the non-con = 39.6% (44-111)
But in his 23 conf games = 27.3% (27-99)

And then to track those games via home and away=
Home 32.1% (35-109)
away/nuetral 35.6% (36-101)

So his real issue is his shooting in conf play.  You would think it would be because the competition is better, and i would agree but at the same time, you can look at this=

Last 2 yrs vs these 8 non con teams (at VTech, vs WV in Wichita, Bama in Kc, LBSU, at GW, Mich, at Gonz, Fla). 
He is 18-44(40.9%) against some pretty decent competition

Quote from: Gus Johnson
He's not in shape.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2013, 11:54:53 AM »
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8873373/mark-titus-top-12-ncaa-power-rankings-how-butler-turned-irritating-style-play-wins-indiana-gonzaga

Quote from: Mark Titus
12. Kansas State

I don't want to alarm anybody, but in just over a week oscar Weber could be coaching a top-15 team in February. As I'm sure you know, this is up there with Googling "Google" and those pages in standardized-test booklets that say "this page is intentionally left blank" on the list of things most likely to make the universe implode. I can only imagine how Illinois fans must feel. Although, on second thought, it shouldn't be that shocking that Weber is off to a good start at K-State. After all, in his first two years at Illinois he won back-to-back Big Ten titles and made two deep runs in the NCAA tournament, including the 2005 national title game loss to North Carolina. Only after that did Weber's pattern emerge: Start the season with loads of promise, then ease off the gas in January and coast to an NIT appearance or an early loss in the NCAA tournament. I guess the universe will implode only if three years from now Weber is winning with his own recruits in February. We might be safe after all.

By the way, can you think of a starter on a top-15 team who, on the surface, looks like he belongs on a basketball court less than Will Spradling? Yeah, you're right — Jordan Hulls will always top him. It's not even fair, really. Maybe the best way to go about this is to name the award after Hulls, make him ineligible for it, and give the first Jordan Hulls Award to Will Spradling. I'll think about this. Stay tuned.

First part probably belongs in a oscar thread somewhere, but whatever
:adios:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2013, 11:57:37 AM »
so is he just being  :opcat: about will's physical appearance or is he saying he sucks ass at basketballs.

I think it's the former.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2013, 12:04:37 PM »
so is he just being  :opcat: about will's physical appearance or is he saying he sucks ass at basketballs.

I think it's the former.

I don't think he is being :opcat:, I think like recognizes like.

Here is Titus, a former OSU walk-on:

And here is his stat-line:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2013, 12:06:01 PM »
been said a thousand times.  Will sucks and should see about 15 minutes a game max.  If his is name was Rodriquez or Irving, the racist tucks would have ran him off a long time ago,

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2013, 12:20:11 PM »
Is there anything wrong with starting Tay alongside Angel?  I know he doesn't bring much to the offensive end but he is a better defender than Sprads which would take some of the pressure on that end away from Angel.  I always wonder if Angel is forced to do to much on the defensive end to compensate for Will sucking so bad, and no not in the tuck way where they say he gets dumb fouls.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2013, 12:21:10 PM »
Can't Shane play the 2 when we're giving Nino some minutes at the 4?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2013, 12:24:55 PM »

I think it's the former.

This total stud was a career 33% 3pt shooter and literally had zero turnovers in four years at a top D1 program, I think he knows his crap.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2013, 12:30:16 PM »
Is there anything wrong with starting Tay alongside Angel?  I know he doesn't bring much to the offensive end but he is a better defender than Sprads which would take some of the pressure on that end away from Angel.  I always wonder if Angel is forced to do to much on the defensive end to compensate for Will sucking so bad, and no not in the tuck way where they say he gets dumb fouls.

Angel does get dumb fouls, probably his biggest weakness, that's not a tuck tp. But he's been much better lately.

I'm all for Tay getting more minutes at the 2 and agree he's a better on ball defender than Will.

Can't Shane play the 2 when we're giving Nino some minutes at the 4?

I think this ship has passed for Nino at the 2.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2013, 12:55:07 PM »

I think it's the former.

I'd say yes probably racist.  However, Jordan Hulls is offensively ugly.  Having to see his goofy ugly ass face is an insult to those who look upon it.  He is a very good shooter though.  He definitely belongs on the court.  Maybe Titus hates ugly people.  Will is quite a sorry looking creature himself then you throw in that voice and his play and look out. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2013, 01:04:18 PM »
I remember being pretty excited about Will as a Freshman because I thought we finally had an ugly white kid who could rain down 3's and make fans of other teams hate him. Turns out we got an ugly white kid who can't make an open shot to save his life and makes fans of his own team want to slash his tires. That's just life, I guess.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2013, 01:07:10 PM »
I remember being pretty excited about Will as a Freshman because I thought we finally had an ugly white kid who could rain down 3's and make fans of other teams hate him. Turns out we got an ugly white kid who can't make an open shot to save his life and makes fans of his own team want to slash his tires. That's just life, I guess.

Nothing would be horribly wrong with this if he didn't tease with what appeared to be talent for a while.  He teased just long enough to be declared the next Steve Hensen and now there is no getting rid of him.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2013, 01:09:03 PM »

Nothing would be horribly wrong with this if he didn't tease with what appeared to be talent for a while.  He teased just long enough to be declared the next Steve Hensen and now there is no getting rid of him.

Yeah, 40% for his first 48 games while playing a lot seemed significant.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2013, 01:10:20 PM »

Yeah, Will makes me feel like I want my money back or something, only I've lost my receipt and can only get crappy store credit for Orris.

Offline BWebbs0

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I hope Spradling reads this
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2013, 01:10:52 PM »
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8873373/mark-titus-top-12-ncaa-power-rankings-how-butler-turned-irritating-style-play-wins-indiana-gonzaga

"By the way, can you think of a starter on a top-15 team who, on the surface, looks like he belongs on a basketball court less than Will Spradling? Yeah, you're right — Jordan Hulls will always top him. It's not even fair, really. Maybe the best way to go about this is to name the award after Hulls, make him ineligible for it, and give the first Jordan Hulls Award to Will Spradling. I'll think about this. Stay tuned."
oscar Weber has the personality of a dead moth.

Will Spradling is an awful human being.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: I hope Spradling reads this
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2013, 01:25:56 PM »

"By the way, can you think of a starter on a top-15 team who, on the surface, looks like he belongs on a basketball court less than Will Spradling? Yeah, you're right — Jordan Hulls will always top him. It's not even fair, really. Maybe the best way to go about this is to name the award after Hulls, make him ineligible for it, and give the first Jordan Hulls Award to Will Spradling. I'll think about this. Stay tuned."

:rolleyes:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I hope Spradling reads this
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2013, 01:32:42 PM »

thanks LukeWebbs
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2013, 02:33:04 PM »

It seems like there might be a comparison to be made here. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2013, 02:38:54 PM »

It seems like there might be a comparison to be made here.

Marcus Watts? 2ys?

Offline BWebbs0

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2013, 06:15:27 PM »

I think it's the former.

This total stud was a career 33% 3pt shooter and literally had zero turnovers in four years at a top D1 program, I think he knows his crap.

Club Trillion!
oscar Weber has the personality of a dead moth.

Will Spradling is an awful human being.