Author Topic: Best/Worst Court Designs  (Read 64974 times)

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Best/Worst Court Designs
« Reply #275 on: January 21, 2014, 11:13:03 PM »
Hey gang have we talked about LSU yet? Because this is a thing.

Almost as crappy as the sponsor on the court. And an octagon style? Who the eff are these guys. Its not okay. "Hey build me a court, and just cut off the corners, it'll look cool"  :dubious:
@Trogdor_gE

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 21, 2014, 11:21:46 PM »
looks great.  love the tiger
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2014, 11:24:23 PM »

Almost as crappy as the sponsor on the court. And an octagon style? Who the eff are these guys. Its not okay. "Hey build me a court, and just cut off the corners, it'll look cool"  :dubious:

Pretty sure their fold-out bleachers come up to it, or almost. I've never noticed the shape on TV.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2014, 11:26:37 PM »
You guys remember this crazy-ass bullshit? :lol:

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2014, 11:28:15 PM »
You guys remember this crazy-ass bullshit? :lol:

I like how the court tracks the ball with the red circle. Probably so everyone can see it
@Trogdor_gE

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 21, 2014, 11:34:08 PM »
I like how the court tracks the ball with the red circle. Probably so everyone can see it

Well yeah. But that court really was a real thing, though. It was amazing. And remember this Cavs court? Man. Lotta pastels in 90s hoops.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:38:01 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 21, 2014, 11:51:53 PM »

Welcome to Cox Quart.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 22, 2014, 11:20:52 AM »
that LSU court is great. what's the problem here? i mean, pistol pete??  :love:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 22, 2014, 12:30:23 PM »
Get rid of the Cox logos and make the center court logo the Tiger Eye thingy.

Offline Reboulet

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 22, 2014, 12:35:54 PM »
Seems like among the tiger eye, the standard logo with the tiger head above "LSU", and this one (which is apparently the one from their football helmets), their branding is sloppy.

I think that court is ok. I wouldn't cover up the tiger's face with LSU, though.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 22, 2014, 12:37:15 PM »
lol that lsu needs to worry about branding.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 22, 2014, 02:03:46 PM »
Oh man LSU had some primo courts in the 90s too, you guys.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 22, 2014, 07:50:40 PM »
Really like the hurricanes court (playing duke on the deuce) clean simple look with a decent sized logo in the middle

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 22, 2014, 08:07:33 PM »
Hey guy post pix

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 22, 2014, 08:13:05 PM »
Hey guy post pix
lol there is literally nothing but awful pics that I can find(on mobile)

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 22, 2014, 11:03:55 PM »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 22, 2014, 11:10:10 PM »
it would be cool if the "paint" free-throw area on the orange side of the U was green

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 22, 2014, 11:21:37 PM »
hey skinben, know what i've been thinking?  i've been thinking that we here at the kansas state cats basketball court need to take the paint and take little nibbles out of it and turn them into purple state of kansas's!  would look so boss.  maybe kougs can mock this up for us?

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 22, 2014, 11:23:48 PM »
it would be cool if the "paint" free-throw area on the orange side of the U was green

Good point. The green side of the U looks lonely.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 22, 2014, 11:34:37 PM »
Did I miss this one in here?

Cal changed to this back in June, apparently :

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 23, 2014, 01:22:25 AM »
I miss our court with the basketcat, and I think it had pastel green lettering on the court as well. Wish I could find a pic.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 23, 2014, 07:09:00 AM »
the paint isn't orange on the court now, it's stain. All of the lines including 3 point lines are green

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 23, 2014, 10:04:44 AM »
Our hated rivals from Long Beach played at UC Santa Barbara last night. There aren't a lot of great images of that court online.

The font/kerning for "Welcome to the Thunderdome" is terrible. If you're wondering if the logo is a UFO or a hat, it's a hat. They're the Gaucho's, and that hat with the weird lines under it is the "magic hat" version of their logo.

Here's what else you learn when you go down the UCSB rabbit hole:

As Gaucho basketball evolved into a Big West power, the building in which it made its mark also evolved, emerging as one of the nation’s most feared venues.  Few arenas inspire fear. The Thunderdome is one of them.

Christened The Thunderdome, with a nod to the Mel Gibson film Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, because of sheer volume of noise it produces, the home to UCSB basketball became a nightmare to visitors.  Opponents not only had to deal with great Gaucho teams, but they also had to handle a level of noise beyond what their imaginations could muster.

It’s humble exterior belies the Thunderdome’s inner beauty and power.  It has become more than an arena, it’s become legend.
http://ucsbgauchos.com/our_stories/Our_Stories_Videos/OS-The_Thunderdome

In the mid-1990s, Gaucho basketball fans became nationally notorious for chucking tortillas onto the court at televised games. The tortilla barrages often stopped play and resulted in technical foul calls against the Gauchos. Coaches could occasionally be seen begging the crowd to stop and even helping with cleanup. The practice peaked in February 1997 when the Gauchos took on University of the Pacific in a game that was televised on ESPN. The rowdy fans throughout the game threw tortillas where the Gauchos head coach was eventually ejected. While the athletics department prohibits tortilla chucking at basketball games, the tradition is celebrated today at soccer matches – only after goals – and never during play or directed at fans or opposing players (this act can lead to an ejection, penalty on the home team and a possible end of the tradition). The only after Gaucho goals tortillas tradition is part of a great game-day atmosphere.
http://www.ucsbgauchos.com/fan_zone/Locos/nickname

Their fans are pretty awful, rowdy, disgusting.  A girl I know was playing there for the Beach as a visitor (vball), and they put the bench right by the students.  This guy was calling this girl a whore and this and that so the girl turns around and spit and her spit went right into his mouth.   :ROFL:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 23, 2014, 02:25:59 PM »
Did I miss this one in here?

Cal changed to this back in June, apparently :

Man those bleachers are STRAIGHT up and down. STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN. I bet watching games there is fun.