Author Topic: 2013 Season K-State Individual Player Per 100 Ratings  (Read 15421 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: K-State Individual Player Per 100 Ratings 3-3-13
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2013, 09:34:03 PM »
The only solution to JO's minutes is playing him with Gip.

no it isn't.

Well, I can understand the split then. Gip hasn't been terrible.

Again, I'd say foul problems have been a big factor for JO. It was the main reason he didn't play more last night.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: K-State Individual Player Per 100 Ratings 3-3-13
« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2013, 09:40:12 PM »
I'd say foul problems have been a big factor for JO. It was the main reason he didn't play more last night.

if he fouled out every game, i wouldn't say a word about his minutes.  seeing johnson in the game when giphr still has 6 fouls to spend is stupid and enraging.

playing gipson more than jhr isn't as egregious, but i do think jhr gives you more, and ideally i'd like to see him playing significantly more minutes than gipson.       
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: K-State Individual Player Per 100 Ratings 3-3-13
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2013, 09:46:49 PM »
I think JO gives us more on defense and Gip more on offense. And oscar probably defers to the offense guy.

I'd rather not see DJamer as much either, but oscar is pretty struck on his 2 foul first half deal unless we're on big trouble.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2013, 10:45:20 PM »
Before y-day, In Gip's previous 9 games he had been ave 10.9 pts 5.0 reb in 20 minutes of action, shooting 61% FG, 75% FT.  I think he is earning his 20 minutes of playing time

JO has earned his minutes with his play of late too.  While he has only ave 4.9 pts, 46% FG and 50% FT in his past 9 gms, he has been a beast the last 5 games with Reb and Blks -----96 minutes 38 boards 16 blks 

Everyone would like to see JO and Gip combine for the 40 minutes.  If both have 2 first half fouls in the 1st half, i would be OK with him playing 1 of them and risk getting the 3rd foul. 

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
Re: K-State Individual Player Per 100 Ratings 2-26-13
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2013, 11:21:06 PM »
Who would you take minutes away from to give to JO?

first johnson, then gipson if he still needs more.

I agree that he should be getting every single one of DJamer's minutes, but I think the biggest reason JO isn't getting more playing time is his fouls.

I can't think of a time when DJamer was getting minutes for the sake of DJamer getting minutes. It's almost always because JO and Gip are in foul trouble already.

Offline talon430

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: K-State Individual Player Per 100 Ratings 2-26-13
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2013, 01:43:41 AM »
Who would you take minutes away from to give to JO?

first johnson, then gipson if he still needs more.

I agree that he should be getting every single one of DJamer's minutes, but I think the biggest reason JO isn't getting more playing time is his fouls.

I can't think of a time when DJamer was getting minutes for the sake of DJamer getting minutes. It's almost always because JO and Gip are in foul trouble already.

I mean in the foul trouble situation its either DJamer or Diaz. I'd pick DJamer and the stats seem to offer some validity there. With our availability of bigs I think its better safe than sorry and keep them on the bench with two fouls in the first half.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2013, 04:06:45 AM »
2 fouls each for gipson and jhr isn't foul trouble.

we play 4 guards.  they don't play together.  that's 10 fouls for the game at one position.  there's no reason for johnson to ever see the court, and certainly not because our coaching staff is nervous about only having six fouls to give at the center position in the second half.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2013, 08:05:23 AM »
Updated charts comparing last year to this year.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2013, 08:12:15 AM »
Shane's +10 in points/100 poss.  :love: :love: :love:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2013, 08:48:53 AM »

In a bit of a surprise, Gip surpasses Rod on the per 100 chart. Granted, Gip has played less than half the available minutes, but still impressive.

And as PP has pointed out well in other threads, Angel is a complete stud. This program is in great shape for at least a couple of years with him here.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: K-State Individual Player Per 100 Ratings 3-6-13
« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2013, 12:42:22 PM »
He's going to destroy Steven Henson's career assists record. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he broke it before conference play of his senior year.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2013, 02:23:27 PM »
Top kenpom "similar to" comparos for K-State 2013! (I put Will's first because his are great, I really like that the numbers don't profile.)

Will - 08 Austin Johnson, 09 Tweety Carter
Angel - 12 Shabazz Napier, 09 Jacob Pullen
Rod - 11 Kyle Singler
Tay - 12 Stu Douglass
Shane - 09 Dan Werner
Omari - 10 Theron Jenkins
Gip - Nobody of note this year, but last year; 09 Marcus Morris
JO - Nobody of note, but freshman year; 10 Wally Judge
DJamer - 08 Ron Anderson
Nino - 08 Jamal Boykin
Diaz - 13 Thomas Gipson

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2013, 02:34:39 PM »
Will also has 07 Dominique Kirk and 08 Trent Meacham as similar players.

Plus all of Will's comparisons listed are rated 900 or better.

Quote from: kenpom
Something else to consider when using this tool is the level of similarity in the list of comparables. A score over 900 is a great match. Anything above 850 is still useful.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2013, 02:35:02 PM »

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2013, 02:41:40 PM »
Will and 09 Tweety Carter is hilarious.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2013, 08:36:28 AM »
Final Big 12 Per 100 numbers, compared to last season. Also added shooting% stats.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: K-State Individual Player Per 100 Ratings 3-15-13
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2013, 02:19:45 PM »

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Season K-State Individual Player Per 100 Ratings
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2013, 02:44:57 PM »
EDIT: Thanks for these _FAN. It's a great tool. A lot of what I see with my eyes matches up with the /100 stats, but there are always a few surprises. Here are some of my thoughts/reflections after reading the final stats.

It would be great if Shane became better at Dribble Drive. I realize oscar's O is built for Jumpshots, but he's been okay at creating his own shot this year. I would love to see him attack the rim instead of settling for mid range jumpers when he does that.

Angel could be a little more efficient on offense. I'm happy to see his 3PT% end up where it did though. It would be lovely if he gains some touch around the rim. He's gotten there all year, but had trouble finishing over bigs.

Gip. Stop fouling and turning the ball over so much. He'll be fine next year, but if wants to play more minutes both of those have to come down.

I don't know what my expectations are for Will. Maybe he can produce something similar to his freshman year? I don't hate him coming off screen and shooting mid range shots. Just be the best version of yourself, Will.

Omari: Shoot the cover off the ball this summer. He's shown flashes of talent this year, but consistency and shooting will both need to improve.

Nino: Keep on hustling? I don't see many places his can improve on the offensive end. This year feels like the ceiling for him. If he can limit fouls and play better defense, his /game stats will go up.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 02:48:32 PM by SwiftCat »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2013, 02:51:44 PM »
It would be great if Shane became better at Dribble Drive. I realize oscar's O is built for Jumpshots, but he's been okay at creating his own shot this year. I would love to see him attack the rim instead of settling for mid range jumpers when he does that.

Angel could be a little more efficient on offense. I'm happy to see his 3PT% end up where it did though. It would be lovely if he gains some touch around the rim. He's gotten there all year, but had trouble finishing over bigs.

Gip. Stop fouling and turning the ball over so much. He'll be fine next year, but if wants to play more minutes both of those have to come down.

I don't know what my expectations are for Will. Maybe he can produce something similar to his freshman year? I don't hate him coming off screen and shooting mid range shots. Just be the best version of yourself, Will.

Omari: Shoot the cover off the ball this summer. He's shown flashes of talent this year, but consistency and shooting will both need to improve.

Nino: Keep on hustling? I don't see many places his can improve on the offensive end. This year feels like the ceiling for him. If he can limit fouls and play better defense, his /game stats will go up.

Agree on Shane, no reason he can't do some of the things Rodney did this year as far as attacking the rim. And he needs to be a better oboarder.

Angel will be more efficient next year. I can see 35-36% on 3s, but even bigger would be getting to 45% on 2s.

Gip just needs to continue to work on his body. Biggest thing is figuring out how to be a better defender in the post and how to stay on the floor 25 minutes a game.

Will's numbers this year (efficiency) are nearly identical to his freshman year. My hope is that he can just makes some improvements because we all know a) he will start and b) will play 70% minutes (at least).

Omari, I don't know what to think. Needs to be more of a factor.

Nino, hopefully can get better and work on some offensive skills. Would be nice if he can play some 4 and Shane some 3 together.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2013, 02:55:09 PM »
the easiest and most likely path for art to improve his 2pt fg% is to get more fouls called when he drives.  i like southie shooting mid range js.  he's pretty great at it.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2013, 02:56:56 PM »
the easiest and most likely path for art to improve his 2pt fg% is to get more fouls called when he drives.  i like southie shooting mid range js.  he's pretty great at it.

Yeah, I'd just like to see him get to the FT line a bit more often. I think he's capable of that.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2013, 03:01:44 PM »
Yeah, I'd just like to see him get to the FT line a bit more often. I think he's capable of that.

that would certainly help.