Author Topic: 2013 QB Competition: Sams vs. Waters  (Read 268990 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 QB Competition: Sams vs. Waters
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2013, 10:34:18 AM »
I don't understand why everyone seems to think Sams is guaranteed to get injured.

For me, it's just that we have never had a QB under Snyder stay healthy.

I can get that, but I don't think that is it for most people.

Every time Sams played more than 8 plays this year, he seemed to be limping around.

He probably turned his ankle. That's not an injury like a concussion that makes you prone to future injuries.

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2013, 07:50:04 AM »
I don't understand why everyone seems to think Sams is guaranteed to get injured.

Every time Sams played more than 8 plays this year, he seemed to be limping around.

He probably turned his ankle. That's not an injury like a concussion that makes you prone to future injuries.

Maybe not more prone because of previous injuries, but possibly fragile.  Hope not.   :ohno:
3021  RIP

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2013, 07:56:03 AM »
he got his leg rolled up early in the year and it bothered him the rest of the season. don't remember the game.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2013, 08:21:05 AM »

Maybe not more prone because of previous injuries, but possibly fragile.  Hope not.   :ohno:

There is nothing to suggest that, though. I'm sure there are more players in college football who have turned an ankle at some point than have not.

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2013, 01:40:48 PM »
Based on observations at basketball games, family gatherings (filled with tard tucks) Sams is the choice for the white Kansans. The liken him to Bishop (Black) and are afraid Waters will turn us into a fast paced throw it all over the field team.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2013, 02:39:26 PM »
I couldn't care less who starts as long as the offense is dominant and more consistent than this last season.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2013, 03:14:35 PM »
I couldn't care less who starts as long as the offense is dominant and more consistent than this last season.

Odds are you going to be disappointed then.  :ohno:

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2013, 11:56:55 AM »
#Life just got knocked out of the first round in the intramural basketball playoffs.  :frown:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2013, 11:57:44 AM »
Damn, that sucks.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2013, 11:59:33 AM »
Probably being a super good friend to some non-athletic charity case and is the only athlete on the team. 

Offline KanSt43

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2013, 12:20:02 PM »
Based on observations at basketball games, family gatherings (filled with tard tucks) Sams is the choice for the white Kansans. The liken him to Bishop (Black) and are afraid Waters will turn us into a fast paced throw it all over the field team.

Makes sense.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2013, 02:15:32 PM »
Probably being a super good friend to some non-athletic charity case and is the only athlete on the team.

per A+ source, sams had numerous football players on his team. two tall kids on the winning team brothers that went to my HS. good guys, not exactly studs I would have put $1 on beating our fball guys in a bball game, though.  :flush:
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2013 QB Competition: Sams vs. Waters
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2013, 02:58:31 PM »

per A+ source, sams had numerous football players on his team. two tall kids on the winning team brothers that went to my HS. good guys, not exactly studs I would have put $1 on beating our fball guys in a bball game, though.  :flush:
Only allowed to have 3 athletes on a team I believe
:adios:

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2013 QB Competition: Sams vs. Waters
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2013, 03:06:55 PM »

Only allowed to have 3 athletes on a team I believe
Team Waters has 8.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2013, 03:40:25 PM »
5 were probs grayshirts and won't count toward the limit until next session.

Also, it always surprised me that Bill would let the FB'ers play intramural BB.  I mean, Intramurals is where crap got real.  If I was Bill, I wouldn't want to lose anyone to some super jacked guy from the dorms.  Know what I mean?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2013, 09:25:44 PM »

Also, it always surprised me that Bill would let the FB'ers play intramural BB.  I mean, Intramurals is where crap got real.  If I was Bill, I wouldn't want to lose anyone to some super jacked guy from the dorms  Know what I mean?

Damn, maybe bread was right.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2013, 08:08:48 AM »

Also, it always surprised me that Bill would let the FB'ers play intramural BB.  I mean, Intramurals is where crap got real.  If I was Bill, I wouldn't want to lose anyone to some super jacked guy from the dorms.  Know what I mean?

bishop played on my bball intramural team the summer going into his senior year.  he liked to drive through the lane.   defense would part like the red sea when he did, no one wanted to be the one who broke his ankle. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2013, 08:12:03 AM »

bishop played on my bball intramural team the summer going into his senior year.  he liked to drive through the lane.   defense would part like the red sea when he did, no one wanted to be the one who broke his ankle.

pfffttt

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2013, 08:17:30 AM »
we won all U!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2013, 08:19:38 AM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2013, 09:04:14 AM »

Thank god the other teams had some sense.

Offline owl borland

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
  • I thought hurricane season was over
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2013, 11:25:18 AM »
K-State Sports Extra

PART 1: SAMS AND WATERS; WATERS AND SAMS

Also: K-State Volleyball to Represent Team USA in Russia
Also: Baseball Rallies for 7-6 Win over Shockers

April 10, 2013

By Mark Janssen

Life after Collin Klein has started.

Kansas State is a week into its spring drills and the competition is on as to who will be the starting quarterback … the man behind center who follows Mr. Klein, a 2012 Heisman Trophy finalist.

“We hope it will be a competitive situation, but that remains to be seen,” said coach LHC Bill Snyder. “We’d like it to be competitive in such a way that it would help each get better, but that’s no different than any other position on the team.”

The leading two quarterback candidates are returnee Daniel Sams, and newcomer Jake Waters. Today “Sports Extra” features Sams. Tomorrow our focus will be on Waters.

SAMS … NOT SHORT ON CONFIDENCE:

Overall, Daniel Sams says, “I’m prepared; I’m ready.”

Describing his arm on a scale of 10, he says, “I’d say an eight … to be humble.”

Sams, a 6-foot-2, 204-pound sophomore out of Slidell, La., served as Klein’s backup last year and made the most of his opportunities netting 235 rushing yards, primarily, in mop-up duty.

He did see a quarter-plus of action when the game was on the line against Oklahoma State when Klein went down with an injury. Sams completed 5-of-6 passes for 45 yards and rushed seven times for 20 yards against the Cowboys.

“That was a tough game because you were concerned about him (Klein), but excited about getting in the game and trying to make plays,” said Sams. “It felt different after they scored and it was a close game and we weren’t just milking the clock. We needed points on the board and I was ready to take that on.”

While working behind Klein on the field, Sams also said, “He was a good example of how you have to work in the classroom. That’s where it all starts. The leadership thing is not about just what you do on the field.”

And, Klein was a good example in the importance of overall work-ethic.

“I came in not having a great work-ethic. In high school I never watched film. I worked out a little and ran a little, but I was not a weight room leader,” he said. “I basically did what I wanted.”

Now he says, “I’m excited about getting in there and getting the team to rally around me.”

And, Klein was a good example in attitude.

“I came in pretty high on myself,” Sams said of his freshman year. Laughing, he added, “I came in thinking I would eventually knock him (Klein) out, but it was nothing like that. At times it was a humbling experience, but in the end I couldn’t have been in a better position than playing behind him.”

Once on the field, Sams said of his own game, “I’m best outside the pocket on the move. I can run it, or I can throw it down field. Nobody has seen me make plays with my arm yet because all I did was come in and milk the clock, but I can do things with my arm.”

Overall, co-offensive coordinator Dana Dimel said of Sams, “He has some talent, but he needs to find some consistency. That light has to go on.”
GIFSoup

Don't forget your power towel. Bring it to every game

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2013, 11:27:02 AM »
eight...to be humble :love:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2013, 11:40:42 AM »
When you lead off the article with this:
it's obvious that they're putting out a not-so-secret message as to who will start.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2013, 11:43:19 AM »
When you lead off the article with this:
it's obvious that they're putting out a not-so-secret message as to who will start.

#Life