Author Topic: 2013 newly taxed paychecks  (Read 4415 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 newly taxed paychecks
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 06:15:42 PM »
'grats, 8man.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
2013 newly taxed paychecks
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 06:17:28 PM »
:thumbs:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 06:24:52 PM »
Social Security, with a dedicated funding source can not "go broke". The absolute worst that will happen is it defaults on it's promised benefits. That means you're looking at a worst-case scenario of SS payments equaling about 75 percent of promised benefits in about 20 years (the height of Baby Boomers) if nothing is done.

If I were king, chained CPI would be used to calculate SS colas, the cap on earnings would be removed with the overall rate lowered and SS taxes would be deductible. That's just to start. There would probably be some across the board cuts immediately as well.

Nothing pisses me off more than hearing stories about people who spent decades working in the country with the greatest wealth expansion in the world's history pissing and moaning about how their Social Security just isn't enough to live on.

Why do you hate poor people?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 06:26:54 PM »
Just accepted my first job out of college, can't wait to see the huge amounts of money taken out of my :kstategrad: paychecks! :D

what/where?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2013 newly taxed paychecks
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 06:39:01 PM »
Just accepted my first job out of college, can't wait to see the huge amounts of money taken out of my :kstategrad: paychecks! :D

what/where?

Engineering position in Lenexa. Going to have to leave paradise (MHK) in a little over a month :cry:

However, now that I am entering the workforce, get your damn hands off my money, gub'ment!
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 06:53:13 PM »
Hey 8man, can you spot me a 20?  :lol:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 06:54:12 PM »

what/where?

Engineering position in Lenexa. Going to have to leave paradise (MHK) in a little over a month :cry:

However, now that I am entering the workforce, get your damn hands off my money, gub'ment!

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 07:11:00 PM »
Social Security, with a dedicated funding source can not "go broke". The absolute worst that will happen is it defaults on it's promised benefits. That means you're looking at a worst-case scenario of SS payments equaling about 75 percent of promised benefits in about 20 years (the height of Baby Boomers) if nothing is done.

If I were king, chained CPI would be used to calculate SS colas, the cap on earnings would be removed with the overall rate lowered and SS taxes would be deductible. That's just to start. There would probably be some across the board cuts immediately as well.

Nothing pisses me off more than hearing stories about people who spent decades working in the country with the greatest wealth expansion in the world's history pissing and moaning about how their Social Security just isn't enough to live on.

Why do you hate poor people?

I hate old poor people. They've had decades to either figure crap out or kill themselves. I think Social Security should exist, but not in a fashion that people believe it's going to lead to the same lifestyle they had while working.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 09:24:17 PM »
Hey 8man, can you spot me a 20?  :lol:

Sure fanning, next HoJo afterPak :D
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat